A-Roid

If Chipper's been busted for roids or any illegal substance, I owe you a beer. No chance in hell you'll find Chipper Jones and steroids associated, that's the reason the guy is a walking injury. Same with Griffey.

Hmmm, that doesn’t make any sense. Often times guys body’s will break down late in their career, because of early steroids use. Everybody loves Griffey, so hopefully that is not the case. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Chipper has taken them before. Throw Nomarr in that fire too.

I took it as the least athletic sport out of the big 4 (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL) and I'd agree and add MLS to that as well. Of course they're more athletic than golfers.

Dieon Sanders dominated the NFL but couldn’t bat his weight in baseball.

Michael Jordan couldn’t sniff minor league baseball either.

Ricky Willimas a horrible pro baseball player too.

Continuous injuries can be a sign of steroid use, tendons are weakened / not strong enough to support the additional muscle mass.

Sorry, I meant to say HGH, which helps rid players of nagging injuries and pain.

Dieon Sanders dominated the NFL but couldn't bat his weight in baseball.

Bo Jackson.

As long as my boy Frank Thomas is clean, I’m happy :biggrin:

I took it as the least athletic sport out of the big 4 (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL) and I'd agree and add MLS to that as well. Of course they're more athletic than golfers.

MLS does not require more athletic ability than MLB. Hockey is a tough call, but NFL some spots require more and some require less. NBA is definitely the most athletic sport.

Remember, Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Michael Jordan, etc. played baseball, not Fabio or Renaldo or Beckham.

I would say MLB CF is about just as athletic, if not more athletic than any other pro athlete.

[QUOTE=metro;383464]Dieon Sanders dominated the NFL but couldn’t bat his weight in baseball.

Ricky Willimas a horrible pro baseball player too.[/QUOTE]

their is no logic to that. these guys werent baseball players. i bet no baseball players could play pro football, basketball or golf.

their is no logic to that. these guys werent baseball players. i bet no baseball players could play pro football, basketball or golf.

Kenny Lofton, Bo Jackson, Tom Glavine and Tony Gwynn would disagree.

Hmmm, that doesn't make any sense. Often times guys body's will break down late in their career, because of early steroids use. Everybody loves Griffey, so hopefully that is not the case. But I wouldn't be surprised if Chipper has taken them before. Throw Nomarr in that fire too.

Thanks Captain Obvious, as I posted down, I meant HGH, but I guess you couldn’t take the liberty to read those two posts that pointed it out ahead of you. Next time read previous posts before posting… Thanks

Bo Jackson.
greatest athlete of all time

strong fast and hand eye coordination

???

I played against Ricky Williams alot in pro ball. He was brutal at baseball.

Akili Smith was a minor league team with me.

He batted like .089.

that fall he was an All American QB at Oregon

Are you retarted? There’s a lot of cases where players have D1 Scholarships sitting on the table for football, but they get drafted out of HS by a MLB team and they choose to go that route. Roscoe Crosbey out of Rock Hill, SC was one that sticks out in my mind, I don’t think he ever made it to the bigs, but he was drafted and had a D1 scholarship sitting on the table to pretty much the college of his choice.

Jeff Francoeur was either heading to Georgia on a Football schollie or going to the Braves, he chose to go the MLB route. Don’t be so niave.

Kenny Lofton was a freak in his day.

Thanks Captain Obvious, as I posted down, I meant HGH, but I guess you couldn't take the liberty to read those two posts that pointed it out ahead of you. Next time read previous posts before posting.. Thanks

Thanks Captain Oblivious, you said that after I said what I said. HGH is used for that and building muscle. Steiroids is also used for repairing injuries, they both have negative effects long term.

He batted like .089.

I’m saying Gwynn and Lofton were big time college basketball players, who probably could have made a career at least overseas in basketball, but both were very good (Gwynn great) baseball players.

Tom Glavine was a big time goalie prospect, which is arguably the most athletic position in hockey, and then was a great pitcher.

Baseball players are athletes, they just get a bad rap from the way the sport is played and guys like David Wells.

I even remember one time in school playing pick up bball and this group of kids had next, never seen them before at the courts but they all seemed to know each other, they complete rolled 3 wins off in a row and left. Found out after they were some guys from the school’s baseball team. (This was legit comp games too, not any BS).

ARod is a **** anyways
-The rest of his ream, former coach, and most fans hate him.

All this is (to me) is just another reason why he sucks.

• ESPN will now follow him around 24/7 like they used to (and do when he’s in the news) with Barry Bonds.

At least Chase Utley is a product of hard work and the fastest swing in baseball
-And by the way (even as a Phillies fan) I don’t think Chipper ever used…maybe it’s because I couldn’t find the proof, but he didn’t seem like “that kind of guy.” (he was/still is a complete player, not a home run guy.)

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;383462]I took it as the least athletic sport out of the big 4 (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL) and I’d agree and add MLS to that as well. Of course they’re more athletic than golfers.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Thank you. I agree that you have to have some athleticism to play baseball and some baseball players are great athletes. I also think it has a lot in common with golf in the hand eye coordination and concentration. I never said it was easy, just that for what its worth they are the least athletic.

Also MLS definitely has better athletes as a whole than baseball. I by no means watch soccer more than an occasional world cup or olympic game, but having played it as a kid and being around players in college and what not, it is an intensely athletic sport. Saying they aren’t athletes would be like you telling me that ALan Webb or Prefontaine were not athletes.

Dieon Sanders dominated the NFL but couldn't bat his weight in baseball.

Ricky Willimas a horrible pro baseball player too.

I don’t know about Ricky Williams, b/c up until you mentioned him I never knew he even tried baseball. What you mentioned were two guys that couldn’t hit the ball, sorry but in my opinion, that’s not athleticism. It is timing, focus, hand eye coordination, and bat speed. Having a 40" vert or being able to run a 4.2 40 is not going to help you at the plate. Good try though.

I’m not saying baseball players are not athletes and I will agree that a good MLB CF is a high level athlete, on par with many other sports. I’m just saying if you take a summation of athletic ability from every position they’re not equivalent to other sports.

[B]MLS does not require more athletic ability than MLB.[/B] Hockey is a tough call, but NFL some spots require more and some require less. NBA is definitely the most athletic sport.

Remember, Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Michael Jordan, etc. played baseball, not Fabio or Renaldo or Beckham.

I would say MLB CF is about just as athletic, if not more athletic than any other pro athlete.

I hope you’ve played soccer at a decent level and not on a rec league team. I played against guys who eventually went on to play at Wake, Chapel Hill, and UVA (not slouches at the collegiate level). These guys could easily run 40 times on par with NFL players, had verticals very similar to NBA players and are required to have the stamina that outlasts any other sport. MLS may have been a bad comparison since outside of a few players is essentially a minor league compared to the top leagues in Europe.

Fabio, Renaldo, Beckham? Soccer is the dominate sport in their countries, so yea I don’t expect them to play baseball. Deion was also a standout in track and field at the collegiate level as well, and I want to say Bo was too, but I can’t say for sure.

As you somewhat eluded to with your NFL comment, certain sports require certain athletic abilities and among positions in those sports some require more athletic ability. I just feel baseball as a whole is at the lesser end.

He batted like .089.

There are plenty of pitchers in the league now who would love to bat .150… what’s your point?