A Tradition Unlike Any Other...The 2012 Masters Tournament

This is setting up to be one of the most exciting Masters in some time. I get excited for every major, but the Masters is by far my favorite.

Lots of great story lines:

Rory McIlroy - Can he bury the demons from last time around, especially if he’s in contention on Sunday? He’s been nothing short of spectacular since that Sunday, but the golf gods can be cruel.

Tiger Woods - Fresh of his first win in 2.5 years and returning to the course he typically pwns. Might be the odds-on favorite and he’s hitting the ball as well as he has in years.

Hunter Mahan - Highest ranked American in the Official World Golf Rankings and putting better than anyone on tour right now. Straight hitter with lots of shots in his bag.

Keegan Bradley - Also playing very well, can he go 2-2 in his first two majors?

The Field - always the possibility of a Charl Schwartzel coming out of nowhere on the back nine on Sunday.

OH THE DRAMA!

Discuss.

Few blooms on the azaleas this year. Somebody forgot to tell the azaleas that they weren’t supposed to be in full bloom until today. Maybe CBS can pipe in some additional bird sounds to make us forget about the blooms not being present.

I hope another Schwartzel, or himself once again, will rise up and crush all of the CBS overplayed storylines. I love to see and hear the announcers scramble when what they WANT to see happen gets totally messed up by somebody that isn’t supposed to be in the picture.

My brother is heading down to Augusta. Lucky SOB.

[quote=“jfickett, post:1, topic:26644”]This is setting up to be one of the most exciting Masters in some time. I get excited for every major, but the Masters is by far my favorite.

Hunter Mahan - Highest ranked American in the Official World Golf Rankings and putting better than anyone on tour right now. Straight hitter with lots of shots in his bag.

OH THE DRAMA!

Discuss.[/quote]

I’m probably pulling for Mahan. But straight hitters are less necessary at Augusta compared to the other Majors. Bombers, with a hot putter tend to do the best. Remember Mickelson having 2 drivers in his bag?

Hunter now with over 100 consecutive holes without a three putt. Coming off a win in Houston last week has got to be the confidence he needs to close it out if he’s in the mix.

I wouldn’t say that bombers are going to have as much of an advantage this year if the course stays soft and wet like they are predicting. It takes a lot of roll out of the fairways and makes the greens more receptive.

This course is more about how aggressive you are going to be on the second shot. Mahan can really shape the ball and his putter is scorching right now.

Still think Tiger has a really good shot if he can get anything going early.

[quote=“jfickett, post:1, topic:26644”]This is setting up to be one of the most exciting Masters in some time. I get excited for every major, but the Masters is by far my favorite.

Rory McIlroy - Can he bury the demons from last time around, especially if he’s in contention on Sunday? He’s been nothing short of spectacular since that Sunday, but the golf gods can be cruel.

Tiger Woods - Fresh of his first win in 2.5 years and returning to the course he typically pwns. Might be the odds-on favorite and he’s hitting the ball as well as he has in years.

Keegan Bradley - Also playing very well, can he go 2-2 in his first two majors?

The Field - always the possibility of a Charl Schwartzel coming out of nowhere on the back nine on Sunday.

OH THE DRAMA!

Discuss.[/quote]

So Phil is relegated to “The Field?” For shame.

But the bombers will now be more able to stick 3 woods and hybrids on the greens on some Par 5’s, whereas they might not normally take those chances and lay up if conditions were normal. It will take away some of the bombers’ advantage from their drives, but they will be able to go after some greens/pins on lengthy approach shots that they wouldn’t normally get to if the course were playing to usual condition.

That was an oversight on my part. Phil is playing extremely well this year and probably has another major or two left in him. Has a great chance.

[quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:26644”]Hunter now with over 100 consecutive holes without a three putt. Coming off a win in Houston last week has got to be the confidence he needs to close it out if he’s in the mix.

I wouldn’t say that bombers are going to have as much of an advantage this year if the course stays soft and wet like they are predicting. It takes a lot of roll out of the fairways and makes the greens more receptive.

This course is more about how aggressive you are going to be on the second shot. Mahan can really shape the ball and his putter is scorching right now.

Still think Tiger has a really good shot if he can get anything going early.[/quote]

Tiger definitely still has a shot. If he is putting well he’ll be in contention. Even in his worst season ever(2011) he finished 4th.

For good reason, we hold him to unbelievable standards. He just won 2 weeks ago by 5 strokes. It was a strong field too. McDowell, Bubba Watson, Mickelson, Rose, Webb Simpson, Watney. Beat Mahan by 16 strokes.

Well look at that, Mickelson one off the lead going into what should be a great final round. Hanson and Oosthuizen looked like they had ice-water in their veins and Phil was Phil yesterday, making all three look like the legit contenders. But that’s Saturday and Sunday at Augusta is a different animal.

All the talk was about Mickelson, would have thought he had a 5 shot lead coming into Sunday. I’ll be rooting for Bubba.

Bubba Watson is fool’s gold.

I take it back. Got to root for 'Murica over Apartheid.

More like Bubba is Golden and your the fool!

Just another subject where NLP shows total ignorance.

No doubt!! Dude is such a loser.

I haven’t missed your stupidity. I just wish you would keep your ignorance to yourself.

You compound your ignorance by calling the man Apartheid. You really are just a snitty little wanker. Please stop posting and save us from your silly opinions.

I don’t masturbate. I take offense to being called a wanker. I don’t have any hair on my hands and I have perfect vision.
So suck it.

[quote=“NLP, post:19, topic:26644”]I don’t masturbate. I take offense to being called a wanker. I don’t have any hair on my hands and I have perfect vision.
So suck it.[/quote]

[size=36pt]I can’t read this, can you use a bigger font size?[/size]