A10 Coaching Changes Have Begun - 2012

URI - Jim Baron - Fired [size=78%]http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2012/mar/04/reports-jim-baron-fired-head-coach-uri-ar-952903/[/size]

How did he last so long? But it seemed like the fans knew it in January:

http://rhodyrams.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=38116&sid=c726f071c9a21a40139419296a8fba04

I’m sure this isn’t the end of the A10 coaching changes.

Any chance that Center that they have peaces out? New coaching changes often bring about recruiting decommitts. I think we should go for Jordan Hare if he leaves. Would not mind getting a 3 Star 90 rated center!

I don’t see any other A10 coaches getting fired.

I don’t see any other A10 coaches getting fired.[/quote]I don’t either. Giannini and Kellogg were the two on the hot seat when the season began and can’t see either getting dismissed after putting together very respectable seasons.

URI contacting Wagner’s Hurley about vacancy.

ESPN.com: Rhode Island can talk to Dan Hurley

http://hoopdirt.com/blog/63d90495/uri-update/

Per Zagoria, URI has offered Hurley $700,000+ per year.

Zagsblog.com: Rhode Island Targets Dan Hurley, But No Deal Yet

That’s some serious money URI is offering up. Hurley would be a slam dunk.

[quote=“2k, post:8, topic:26454”]That’s some serious money URI is offering up. Hurley would be a slam dunk.[/quote]And so it is!

Zagsblog.com: Dan Hurley Takes the Rhode Island Job (UPDATED)

GoRhody.com: Dan Hurley Named Head Men’s Basketball Coach

Providencejournal.com: URI confirms hiring Dan Hurley as basketball coach for $4 million-plus

Things are not good on the Bluff! First McConnell and Talley announce they are transferring, then this!

ESPN.com: Duquesne fires Ron Everhart

Interesting read on why Everhart got the pink slip.

CBSSports.com: Duquesne president details reasons for firing Everhart in email to board

Run, there was a third player leaving Duquesne.

[quote=“Run49er, post:11, topic:26454”]Interesting read on why Everhart got the pink slip.

CBSSports.com: Duquesne president details reasons for firing Everhart in email to board[/quote]

[size=small][font=verdana]Duquesne president Charles J. Dougherty says " The A10 conference itself is on the verge of a major improvement with the addition of new high quality university programs."[/font][/size]
Plural? This is the first I have heard of that.

Preparing for multiple departures? Would be a good sign!

For what its worth, I thought Everhart was a pretty good coach. Dukes were abysmal before he got there, and he implemented that uptempo style and got some decent recruits.

Having 3 transfers (including his best player) is what prob finished it for him. He’s actually had quite a few transfers over the years. But, given their facilities, etc I don’t know if the Dukes can do better. We’ll see.

[quote=“2k, post:12, topic:26454”]Run, there was a third player leaving Duquesne.[/quote]Frosh Danny Herrera, but he spent most of season sidelined with an injury, so no surprise that he transferred and if it had been only him, Everhart would still be coach most likely.

Had 20 transfers/departures during his tenure, including the 2 A-10 ROYs - McConnell (to UVa?) and Robert Mitchell (Seton Hall).

Duquesne zeroing in on Long Island’s Jim Ferry after being rebuffed (more than once!) by Akron’s Keith Dambrot. Ferry led LIU to the past two NCAA tourneys as the NEC champs.

Pittsburghlive.com: Jim Ferry a coaching candidate at Duquesne

And in the “FWIW Department,” T. J. McConnell is rumored to be headed to Arizona

Dukes have a new coach!

GoDuquesne.com: Jim Ferry Named Duquesne Head Men’s Basketball Coach

Meanwhile, Rick Majerus talking to SMU. Guess $2 million per year will get your attention!

STLToday.com: SLU grants Majerus permission to talk to SMU

RT @GoodmanCBS: Rick Majerus has spurned SMU, sources told CBSSports – and will remain at Saint Louis.

[quote=“2k, post:19, topic:26454”]RT @GoodmanCBS: Rick Majerus has spurned SMU, sources told CBSSports – and will remain at Saint Louis.[/quote]Ponies having a hard time finding a new coach to replace Matt Doherty. Turned by the Big Billiken, as well as Tommy Amaker (Harvard), Dan Monson (Long Beach St.), and Buzz Williams (Marquette). Also made overtures to Josh Pastner (Memphis) as well, but no interest on his part to head to Dallas.

Anyway, Majerus is going to have a 2012-13 A-10 preseason favorite with Saint Louis, so not surprised he’s sticking around.