A10 Seeding?

This may have been covered on here somewhere already but I haven’t seen it. I thought I heard/read (Jim’s article or blog) that we are now locked into playing a first round A10 game (ie; 5th seed or worse). How is that? Maybe I’m missing something but when I look at the current standings and the last games I see the following possibility (I know its not likely, but looks technically possible).

Saint Louis loses to Dayton - SLU finishes 10-6
Charlotte beats Richmond - Charlotte finishes 10-6 (wins tie-breaker over SLU)
URI loses at UMASS - URI finishes 9-7
Dayton beats SLU - Dayton finishes 9-7

These outcomes would leave the standings as follows:

Xavier (1st or 2nd)
Temple (1st or 2nd)
Richmond (3rd)
Charlotte (4th @ 10-6)
Saint Louis (5th @ 10-6)
Rhode Island (9-7 @ 6th)
Dayton (9-7 @ 7th)

Am I missing something?

That parlay would make you a lot of money! Seriosly… gotta be like 50:1 odds at least.

Currently 6th… 1 game left. wins are at 9 and can only get to 10. Looks like we could get the 4th like you said from looking at espn. but for some reason yesterday i looked at it and remember thing we were a lock for like 5-7.

Lets hope the other teams lose to help our seeding… cuz we can’t seem to help ourselves. We’re helpless little babies still at the teet that can’t fend for ourselves. Gotta count on others.

Temple has the tie-breaker over Xavier if they finish tied.

Friday, March 5
12:00, Fordham at Duquesne
Saturday, March 6
2:00, George Washington at Temple
2:00, Richmond at Charlotte
4:00, La Salle at Saint Joseph’s
4:00, Rhode Island at Massachusetts
4:00, Saint Bonaventure at Xavier
7:00, Saint Louis at Dayton

[quote=“cibik02, post:2, topic:22629”]That parlay would make you a lot of money! Seriosly… gotta be like 50:1 odds at least.

Currently 6th… 1 game left. wins are at 9 and can only get to 10. Looks like we could get the 4th like you said from looking at espn. but for some reason yesterday i looked at it and remember thing we were a lock for like 5-7.[/quote]

Actually, if you look at it those occurences are not THAT far-fetched. Its only 3 games and the results as I listed would mean all 3 home teams won (Dayton, Charlotte, UMass).

I am just curious, does 919R has a new theory on how we can make the tournament without winning the A-10?

[quote=“919R, post:5, topic:22629”][quote=“cibik02, post:2, topic:22629”]That parlay would make you a lot of money! Seriosly… gotta be like 50:1 odds at least.

Currently 6th… 1 game left. wins are at 9 and can only get to 10. Looks like we could get the 4th like you said from looking at espn. but for some reason yesterday i looked at it and remember thing we were a lock for like 5-7.[/quote]

Actually, if you look at it those occurences are not THAT far-fetched. Its only 3 games and the results as I listed would mean all 3 home teams won (Dayton, Charlotte, UMass).[/quote]

us and umass hurt the odds MAJORLY!

It’s hard enough predicting 1 conference game in a lot of situations… and now trying to pick 3 and all have to have your result…

If Charlotte ends up 4th… we hurt the A10’s chances of getting atlarge bids.

I’m wondering if it’s still possible to get the 4th seed even with a URI win at Umass with Charlotte beating Richmond and SLU losing at Dayton. Each of these 3 teams would end up tied, with each having beaten the other once. So I think they then go to record against the top team in the conference, which right now is a tie between Xavier and Temple (or would they give Temple the tiebreaker and that would be the top team?). Either way, I think Charlotte finishes 4th due to the Temple win, since URI and SLU are both 0-2 versus those two teams. However, if Temple somehow loses to GW and Xavier wins outright, then Charlotte drops to 6th (0-2 vs X, others are 0-1).

I’ve got to say though, it’s gotten a bit tiresome to discuss these hypotheticals and have the Niners go right out and make it clear it was a waste of time. The biggest hurdle here is winning a tough Richmond game.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

If Charlotte ends up 4th… we hurt the A10’s chances of getting atlarge bids.[/quote]

I agree. I was being facetious in my comment. 919R has been firm in stating we didn’t have to win the A-10 tournament over the past 5 games.

If Charlotte ends up 4th… we hurt the A10’s chances of getting atlarge bids.[/quote]

I agree. I was being facetious in my comment. 919R has been firm in stating we didn’t have to win the A-10 tournament over the past 5 games.[/quote]

I knew ur message’s purpose…

But really… if Charlotte ends up 4th. Does the A10 still send 4 teams to the tourney? I think probably not.

I agree. I was being facetious in my comment. 919R has been firm in stating we didn’t have to win the A-10 tournament over the past 5 games.[/quote]

But really… if Charlotte ends up 4th. Does the A10 still send 4 teams to the tourney? I think probably not.[/quote]It would take URI winning 2 games to be on the right side of the bubble, IMHO.

But really… if Charlotte ends up 4th. Does the A10 still send 4 teams to the tourney? I think probably not.[/quote]

Yes, I think they still send 4, probably Rhode Island or something. It’s not unheard of for a team that finished a little lower to get a bid over a team that finish ahead of them in the conference standings.

919R must have missed my post which included that same headache-inducing scenario. ???

From what I figured out, and with some games decided, here’s the scenarios I have left:

If Charlotte beats Richmond
4 seed if Saint Louis loses to Dayton; Rhode Island loses to Umass
5 seed if Saint Louis beats Dayton; Rhode Island loses to Umass
6 seed if Saint Louis beats Dayton; Rhode Island beats Umass

If Charlotte loses to Richmond
6 seed if Dayton loses to Saint Louis
7 seed if Dayton beats Saint Louis

4,5,or 6 seed* if Charlotte beats Richmond, Saint Louis loses to Dayton; Rhode Island beats Umass
*1st tiebreaker (head-to-head) results in a 1-1 record for each. 2nd tiebreaker is based on head-to-head record against the top seeded team.

So Charlotte can’t do worse than 6th if they beat Richmond and can’t do better than 6th if they lose to Richmond.

and I’m curious, is switchfoot a douchebag all the time or just on this board?

A part of me wonders if finishing outside of the top four would be better for us. We get to host another home game to build our confidence and we have a history of not playing well in conference tournaments with a first round bye.

I agree. I was being facetious in my comment. 919R has been firm in stating we didn’t have to win the A-10 tournament over the past 5 games.
[/quote]

And we COULD have (if we had one just one of the last couple as I always stated) but URI was clearly the “last straw”. Of course, we probably need to win the A10 now to have a “realistic” chance at a bid.

and I’m curious, is switchfoot a douchebag all the time or just on this board?[/quote]

Lighten up Frances, just having a laugh.

Who cares—I’m a Niner fans 1st and an A10 fan a disssssstant 2nd.