St. Bonaventure
Sam de Haas - signed pro contract in native Netherlands
Brett Roseboro

Saint Joseph’s
Carl Baptiste - to Delaware
Justin Crosgile
Todd O’Brien - to UAB

Saint Louis
Christian Salecich - to Missouri Southern (D-II)

Xavier
Jay Canty - to App State
Jordan Latham

Official:

http://www.gwsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/032311aaa.html

From what I read on the Dayton Daily News website, doesn’t sound like BG is too distraught over Staten’s departure, with the father was as much a problem as the player. Anyway, the Flyers were a trainwreck this season, so change might be best for everyone. Won’t be surprised to see Staten land at a Big 10 school when all is said and done.

Probably Minnesota or Michigan

Is the Dayton coach on the hot seat? I know at least from a few posts on the A-10 forum that there are a few posters that are not satisfied with what he’s done so far with the program.

[quote=“Hal Jordan, post:5, topic:25181”]Is the Dayton coach on the hot seat? I know at least from a few posts on the A-10 forum that there are a few posters that are not satisfied with what he’s done so far with the program.[/quote]I think he is signed through something ridiculous like 2017.

[font=Times New Roman][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=medium]On May 6, 2009, because of his success, and what is expected in the future, the University extended Gregory’s contract to run through the 2017-18 season.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][/font]

[font=times new roman][font=Times New Roman][size=medium]On May 6, 2009, because of his success, and what is expected in the future, the University extended Gregory's contract to run through the 2017-18 season.[/size][/font][/font]
[/quote]

I wonder if Dayton might experience what we experienced (although without the change in conference). It seems to me that many of these coaches who don’t leave for more money when they are hot, eventually fizzle out at the jobs they stay at.

Gonzaga might be the exception to the rule, although the first coach to get them going did leave for Minnesota.

hah if they ever come around here they’d think Major and Lambert were on the hot seat as well…

:stuck_out_tongue: ;D :))

Are you kidding? I hope Gregory stays at Dayton for the next 30 years! I was worried he might leave for Michigan State last offseason.

BG is the best thing that has ever happened to the other 13 A10 schools. His team goes 11-2 in nonconference play every year and then gift wraps easy wins for their conference opponents with dreadful decision making. I wish we had 5 or 6 more coaches in the league just like him!

RT @AdamZagoria: La Salle`s Aaric Murray is transferring. Release to be made public tonight.

And who could blame him?

I gather that most Explorers fans think Dr. G’s time is up.

And who could blame him?[/quote]
From what I read on the A-10 board, as well as the following from Philly.com, sounds like Murray was asked to leave…

La Salle coach John Giannini had a season-long struggle with Murray. The mega-talent was not always interested in the game. In fact, Giannini said that Murray really does not like the sport. It often showed in Murray’s performances.

Murray had moments where he was great and other moments where he disappeared, sometimes in the same game. Giannini publicly defended his player, but anyone with eyes knew the coach was having a very difficult time getting through to his star player.

“This was a very difficult decision for me, and I wish Aaric the very best for his future,” said Giannini, whose team finished 15-18. “I know Aaric always tried to do his best for La Salle, and we did all that we could to help him as a person and as a basketball player. We will continue to support Aaric in this process of finding another university.”

Philly.com: La Salle’s Murray to transfer

For a player who was basically shown the door by his coach for being disinterested in hoops, Murray has some big aspirations for his next stop!

TheBracketMan.com: La Salle transfer Aaric Murray favors Kentucky

Maybe he thinks he needs the right coach to get him motivated and to reach his potential. I know people like to hate Calipari, but he is a good coach and gets after his team of superstars, he doesn’t baby them.

Jordan Latham and Jay Canty are out at XU: http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040811aaa.html

A10 losing all it’s highly rated recruits.

We’ve lost X’s two top 100? recruits, Juwan Staten, Aaric Murray, Daryl Traynham, Brandon Spearman…anyone else?

Reports are Staten is at least thinking about returning to Dayton with Gregory gone. Not sure about Spearman.

XU also had 2 top recruits for 2012 decommit.

[quote=“2k, post:19, topic:25181”]XU also had 2 top recruits for 2012 decommit.[/quote]Chandler dropped out of high school, so X dodged a bullet there anyway.