A10 transfers

X’s 2010 freshman class ended being more star-crossed than star-studded! First, Griffin McKenzie was viscously assaulted (hospitalized with broken jaw and nose, plus several lost teeth) last summer. Then Justin Martin was declared an academic casualty before the season began. Canty looked pretty good during OOC play, then went down with an injury in late December that kept him out for 12 games. Finally, Latham was definitely in Mack’s doghouse for most of the season, including a 3-game suspension.

Anyway, when all was said and done, Canty (7.4 mpg, 1.5 ppg, 0.8 rpg) and McKenzie (2.5 mpg, 0.8 ppg, 0.5 rpg) played in 17 games each, while Latham saw action in 16 (4.8 mpg, 0.5 ppg, 0.8 rebounds), plus the big zero for Martin. Hmmm…

Updated per Jeff Goodman’s latest list, though haven’t been able to confirm all of the additions. Includes Akeem Richmond of URI.

FOXSports.com: Updated Transfer List

Per Zagsblog, Murray is now looking at Kansas, Oklohoma State, and West Virginia. Only WVU on original list that included Florida, Kentucky, and Rutgers. Hmmm…

Richmond apparently longing to get back to the Old North State, so it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Projo.com: ‘Homesick’ Akeem Richmond leaving URI after two seasons

He visited College of Charleston this week. Obviously not coming here with the 2 year sit out rule in the A10.

Maybe Davidson or UNCW?

Charleston got one of the top Centers for next year I think. They typically have the best program in the SOCON, not saying much, but I am expecting them to get back to the tournament next year and the year after. I’m hoping to transfer there from the university of BFE

Yea, Baru is a legit top 50 prospect.

[quote=“Run49er, post:24, topic:25181”]Richmond apparently longing to get back to the Old North State, so it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Projo.com: ‘Homesick’ Akeem Richmond leaving URI after two seasons[/quote]

Wow, huge loss, I wouldn’t be suprised if the new guys at NCSU give him a call.

Actually, since CofC joined the SoCon in 1998, they have been to the NCAA tourney ONCE - in 1999!

RT @BSnowScout: It is official @JuwanStaten3 is transferring from Dayton to Penn State…

Per Philly.com and Zagsblog.com, looks like Murray will be choosing between West Virginia and Oklahoma State. Won’t be surprised to see him end up in Morgantown since he initially chose hometown La Salle over WVU in 2008.

Not a transfer, but ex-Billiken Willie Reed has entered the NBA draft and hired an agent, so his college days are done.

bump.

Per Zags, Murray has “backed off” a tweet over the weekend that he was headed to West Virginia. May still end up there, but won’t make official decision between WVU and OK State until next weekend.

read that he was “dared” to tweet the news about committing to WVU

[quote=“EE9er, post:28, topic:25181”][quote=“Run49er, post:24, topic:25181”]Richmond apparently longing to get back to the Old North State, so it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Projo.com: ‘Homesick’ Akeem Richmond leaving URI after two seasons[/quote]

Wow, huge loss, I wouldn’t be suprised if the new guys at NCSU give him a call.[/quote]

They did but he is coming to ECU.

He said he toured campuses at N.C. State, College of Charleston and South Carolina, but fell in love with the campus in Greenville. “I was blown away when I went down there,” he said. “I was very surprised at their facilities, and it just seems like a good fit.”

http://sanfordherald.com/bookmark/13140524/article-BREAKING%3A+Akeem+Richmond+transferring+to+ECU?sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4dc2ceb30d34d166,0

With Lebo’s tutelage, the sky is the limit. If he’s not first team All-NBA in 2009 I’ll be shocked.

The sky does seem kind of like the limit at the college level for this guy. The NBA, not unless Lebo teaches him how to become a point guard in the year he is sitting out because there isn’t much of a market for 6-1 shooting guards unless you are Iverson. Still anyone that can make 81 three’s in only 18 minutes a game as a freshman can play. With Akeem Richmond, Shamar Bowden, and Paris Roberts Campbell I’m really excited about the outside firepower we will have the next couple years. I expect 3 point records to fall. I don’t think we have even had a guy hit 81 three’s in a year, much less off the bench.

I’m pretty sure he can teach him those things by osmosis.

Nah, all he really needs is a copy of Frogs into Princes and to run a few swish patterns.

will they let ECU play with 2 or 3 balls? Won’t be easy keeping that crowd happy with shot attempts.