A10 transfers

All 3 will only play together 1 year, but we will have at least 2 solid options on the perimeter for the next 3 years. Richmond also talked about moving over to point some in a recent interview. We have a transfer PG from Missiouri the next 2 years but hopefully by Richmond’s senior year he has developed those skills and can take over that starting role when he is gone. Sitting out redshirting might actually help the his game. Even if he can’t pull off point guard I think he will be a very good player for us. That’s 5 D1 transfers Lebo has landed now. All sound like pretty solid proven players. I counted 3 the last 20 years, so this is one route to building a program we have never tried here.

Richmond has a long ways to go to be a PG. Has potential to be a good SG, but don’t see PG unless he totally changes his game.

For some, 5 transfers would be a concern, but since Lebo brokered a lasting peace agreement between Palestinians and Israelis, it shouldn’t be a problem.

You arent counting Bowden in the solid proven category are you? Unless I missed something, what has he proven so far except a basic lack of understanding of the written english language?

You arent counting Bowden in the solid proven category are you? Unless I missed something, what has he proven so far except a basic lack of understanding of the written english language?[/quote]

Do you have any idea how hard it is to pose for pictures with gold chains and stacks of cash?

I think not.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:41, topic:25181”]I counted 3 the last 20 years, so this is one route to building a program we have never tried here.[/quote] Well that’s one way to spin recruiting failure. It’s one route that has never worked, but hey, maybe it’ll work out for Lebo. One or two, ok, but 5?

You guys!

We’re talking about the one coach on the planet who’s going to forsake BCS riches when he achieves his stunning successes with his patented Transfers to Rafters program. Impossible is nothing to Lebo.

[quote=“NLP, post:47, topic:25181”]You guys!

We’re talking about the one coach on the planet who’s going to forsake BCS riches when he achieves his stunning successes with his patented Transfers to Rafters program. Impossible is nothing to Lebo.[/quote]

I bet the fact that his family moved to town and LOVES IT there is a good pitch for transfers as well.

I can’t wait to see how well they sit on the bench for year!

Definitely not a PG, that’s for sure!

Joel Wright no longer at Duquesne, which also loses an assistant to Purdue.

GoDuquesne.com: Greg Gary Accepts Assistant Coach Position at Purdue; Wright Released from Scholarship

Not when it’s the scrubs at the end of the bench that are leaving the program and being replaced in their class with quality transfers. We still have 4 freshman coming in next year as well. Lebo’s rebuilding us in a way that we should be able to keep winning right away and still prepare for the future.

Anyone that can put 17 on Louisville in 14 minutes has proven he can play at this level IMO. He had a big year for a top level junior college. All Conference etc. He’s got competition now though.

Not when it’s the scrubs at the end of the bench that are leaving the program and being replaced in their class with quality transfers. We still have 4 freshman coming in next year as well. Lebo’s rebuilding us in a way that we should be able to keep winning right away and still prepare for the future.

Anyone that can put 17 on Louisville in 14 minutes has proven he can play at this level IMO. He had a big year for a top level junior college. All Conference etc. He’s got competition now though.[/quote]

We did play about 30 games that season… Would have been nice for him to show up for atleast half. One or two games doesn’t make you a proven D1 talent.

Anyone that can put 17 on Louisville in 14 minutes has proven he can play at this level IMO. He had a big year for a top level junior college. All Conference etc. He’s got competition now though.[/quote]

Exactly! I could see ECU being competitive with the Minnesota Timberwolves next year. Lebo has the ability to transform players into Hall of Famers just by gazing into their eyes. I heard he’s already gotten Bowden to play defense like Gary Payton (The Seattle Supersonics version). And after you win the title and the big boys come calling Lebo will coolly say “Poppycock. I have family here.”

QFMFT

One or two games doesn't make you a proven D1 talent.
I think the combination of..

-he committed to Virginia Tech originally

-led your team in scoring on the canadian tour (14ppg).

-put up 6ppg off the bench as a freshman.

-was all conference for top 5 JUCO power Chipola

combined tells me the guy can play at this level and has potential. He has a lot of competition though.

He averaged six points as a freshman…so his shooting percentage was probably about 20%. He also let his opponent score about 10 a game. His defense was awful. Once he touched the ball, he shot and usually missed. He can get hot…real hot. The problem with that is he would try and out shoot the other team. Why play defense when you can drain another one on your offensive end. I hope he has matured because we had high hopes for him and he flat out sucked. My favorite memory was him draining threes against UNCA on one end…and then literally standing there on defense.

what does it tell you when you have a new coach coming in that needs players and doesn’t let him come back?

That the new coach can’t handle talented players with hotheaded attitudes. MAJOR failure.

That the new coach can’t handle talented players with hotheaded attitudes. MAJOR failure.[/quote]
why do you assume that because you cant handle someone like spears that it is your fault? why would you want a player on your team who is a senior, a 24 year old man, who acts the way he does?

There were moments when I watched Briscoe or Green play 38, 39, 40 minutes a game and commit way too many turnovers … and wondered if laying down the law for laying down the law’s sake re: Bowden was of questionable judgement on the coach’s part. I was as heavy of a critic of Bowden as anyone, but he did want to come back here and we could have used the open schollie on him. The coach didn’t want him, though.

You can all call me an idiot and a hater and the worst person in the world now.