AAC Basketball šŸ€

What !? No mention of Charlotte!?
Does he not know about our 9-2 OOC recordā€¦our progress or our pillarsā€¦or our leader of men that our parents love!!!

1 Like

NET rankings (thru games played 3-5):

1 Houston
34 Memphis
72 UCF
79 Cincy
100 Tulane
108 Wichita State
121 Temple
184 USF
209 ECU
210 SMU
323 Tulsa

Itā€™s like our Niners basketball program is like an embarrassing relative that nobody likes to talk about in public

Worst team in C-USA (and AAC?) lands a 3*!

1 Like

See that Rice and Tulsa also offered Mahmoud, as well as TCU. Henson has been recruiting him for a while:

clt says utsa mbb is the most important thing in the aac right now

Where is the AAC menā€™s basketball tournament being played next season?

I have nightmares of it being @ The Curtain, redux.

With the addition of 3 Texas teams, I was hoping they could, at minimum, keep it at Dickies arena (Ft Worth).

AAC board shouldnā€™t throw stones with Tulsa #324.

Konkol getting the gang back together!

Something to consider when AAC is looking at future sites for the MBB tournament:

And actually brought to light earlier in the week on AL.com. Apparently an ongoing concern and not just with Legacy but other sports venues in Birmingham as well:

We could host the AAC tournament in Charlotte. Menā€™s at Spectrum and womenā€™s at Halton. People can take the train if they want to move back and forth.

Both stadiums are more than capable of handling the crowds and thereā€™s plenty of hotel space in both locations.

We have a great airport that allows you to get downtown or to campus quickly.

Does this just make too much sense?

Am I missing something?

Would love to see us get in the mix for this.

5 Likes

During our CUSA 1.0 days the issue IIRC was always finding a sponsor for the tournament and the host school has to line that up. Our AD either couldnā€™t find one or wouldnā€™t put in the work to find one.

2 Likes

Looks like Pera losing his best player:

1 Like

Wasnā€™t he one of the players that was cheering us on in this week?

Probably has his eyes set higher but would be a killer addition, taking Gipsonā€™s spot.

4 Likes

Hmmā€¦

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2023 College Hoops Coaching Carousel