AAC Facilities News 🏟️

Discussion of all AAC members expansion and facilities upgrades, including new members.

Our soon to be conference mates with a big upgrade announcement:

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1529903588885024781

1 Like

UCF is expected to close deal for Stadium Naming Rights ($19.5 Million over 10 years)
If UCF BOT approves the deal at their meeting on Tuesday, UCF will receive $1.95 Million per year for 10 years with this latest naming rights deal for the Bounce House.
For comparison, here is how it would match up vs some other recent stadium naming rights deals:
Colorado State Canvas Stadium (Public Credit Union): $2.5 Million per year
UCF FBC Mortgage Stadium: $1.95 Million per year
Kentucky’s Kroger Stadium: $1.85 Million per year
Cal FTX Stadium: $1.75 Million per year
Rutgers SHI Stadium: $1.45 Million per year
Minnesota’s Huntington Bank: $1.4 Million per year
Washington State Martin Stadium: $1.1 Million per year
Texas Tech AT&T Stadium: $807,000 per year
Maryland Chevy Chase Bank Stadium: $800,000 per year
Boise St Albertsons Stadium: $605,000 per year

https://twitter.com/therealBeede/status/1530346972183396352

I wish Judy would have made the big cat’s naming rights deal 10-12 years, maybe even 15. Would have been a lot smarter in retrospect.

Here’s hoping he has upped his ante for the expansion plans and it’s all a wash in the end.

How much longer do we have Richardson stadium under contract?

Forever.

That’s ok. As long as The Big Cat keeps cutting checks for us forever.

4 Likes

Or at least one really really big is one

3 Likes

It would be nice to get another 10-20 million from Richardson

2 Likes

Yes,but we need Centene (and Tepper) even more.

1 Like

Is there even a possibility for Centene or Tepper?Any rumors? That would be great but Richardson and McColl are already invested. Would love to see them make another big contribution.

SMU is going to be interesting to watch in the NIL era.

2 Likes

Jerry is sitting on a ton of cash and is at the far end of what he could expect post heart transplant. I’d love centene and Tepper getting on board for future but Jerry could make a massive donation - transformational in nature if he wants. He’s said he doesn’t really want to leave much for fam so that means giving it away. He sold the panthers for billions. He could drop 250 mil and still have plenty more to pass out.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/FBCMortgage/status/1531674744600285185

The 10-year, $19.5 million deal means UCF football teams will play their home games in FBC Mortgage Stadium through the 2031 football season. The new arrangement begins July 1–following its approval today by the UCF Board of Trustees.

1 Like

Can’t be worse than it already is.

1 Like

That court was so awful.

2 Likes

Well, at least it did get “circumcised” after the initial realization of the twin tiger genitalia! :wink:

I’m so glad Hill kept our new court simple and classy. I hate the roller coasters, palm trees, and all that other garbage that teams have started covering the court with.

3 Likes

I do think it’s kind of cheesy we did our football field in team colors like Boise St and EWU.

3 Likes