AC Milan vs Liverpool at BofA Stadium on Aug 2

Reportedly will be playing in Charlotte as part of the 2014 International Champions Cup. Official announcement said to be coming tomorrow.

Charlotteobserver.com: Manchester City vs. Liverpool soccer match coming to Bank of America Stadium

It’s official. http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/news/local/Two-of-Europes-Biggest-Soccer-Clubs-To-Play-At-Bank-Of-America-Stadium-246370211.html

I just checked on tickets. It’s now AC Milan vs Liverpool. Lower level seats are at least 85 bucks each.

Updated. Tix range from $300 field level to $40 upper deck before Ticketbastard add-ons.

Charlotteobserver.com: Liverpool-AC Milan to play soccer in Charlotte in August

Internationalchampionscup.com: Guiness International Champions Cup 2014

Going to this. I can’t wait to boo Liverpool.

Gill and I and +1s are in the club seats bitches…

Can’t wait!!

I was planning on going either way, but when ManCity dropped… my reaction as an AC Milan fan:

I got mine. Hoping we see some stars and not just the reserves.

AC Milan? So will there be any supermodels showing to cheer on Milan?

Went to see Spurs vs. Liverpool in Baltimore two years ago.

Even as a “friendly” it was one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. YNWA played over the speakers just before the second half, and the 80% red crowd didn’t know it. The Spurs end actually sang it for them… Brad Friedel damned near doubled over in laughter.

I will be there with NLP & J_Felt +5

I work the Panthers crowd control, but I’m on vacay in DR that weekend.

HotRod is putting together a tailgate event on FB for this game. Will be super cool to have a big contingent of Niners tailgating for this. Will post the details here.

Let’s go AC Milan! Liverpool is a bunch of wankers.

Tailgate info:

1001 Morehead Square
I am going to try and be there around noon, but believe most are showing up around 2.
Light rail to the lot via Carson St Station

https://www.facebook.com/events/493389294140975/

Damn, if didn’t have to fly out Sunday morning I’d definitely would have brought my son down to Charlotte for this match.

I went to Real Madrid vs. AS Roma in Dallas last night. Attendance was solid (~57,500) and it was really cool seeing guys like Bale, Modric, Ramos, Pepe, Casillas, Totti & Ashley Cole in the flesh.

The Cotton Bowl is an absolute dump though. They were understaffed in everything from parking attendants to concession workers to security (like 15-20 people rushed the field with 5 minutes left while fat cops attempted to stop them).

Roma won 1-0, Totti scored.

I’ll be there. Not sure I’ve spent more than $50 on a sporting event ticket before and literally not cared who will win or lose. I just hope there isn’t a tie because that and the constant whining for calls is why I’m not a big soccer fan besides for the World Cup. I’ve never been to a pro match so figured it would be an experience.

Who is the underdog?

[quote=“cibik02, post:18, topic:28578”]I’ll be there. Not sure I’ve spent more than $50 on a sporting event ticket before and literally not cared who will win or lose. I just hope there isn’t a tie because that and the constant whining for calls is why I’m not a big soccer fan besides for the World Cup. I’ve never been to a pro match so figured it would be an experience.

Who is the underdog?[/quote]

The rules for this pre-season competition (the International Champions Cup) do not allow ties. If they are still tied after 90 minutes, the two teams go straight to a penalty shoot-out to break the tie.

Liverpool will be the favorites. These are two of the most storied clubs in the history of European soccer. Between them they have won the Champions League (the most prestigious club soccer competition in Europe) a combined 12 times (5 Liverpool, 7 Milan). Liverpool are on the upswing and Milan are in one of the worst periods in the club’s history. Their owner has been dealing with legal issues in Italy and they have not spent the money necessary to stay competitive.

Nice, then I’m pulling for a tie at the end of regulation.