Academic Direction of the University

Google Technical Institute and see what you get.

You think people ripped on us for UNC Charlotte. NCTECH?? NCTI? Sounds like the Art Institute or ITT Tech

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;400183]Still got that?

NC TECH! There’s TWO C-Picks in that name!:biglaugh:[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, this is a simple mock-up… didn’t spend more than five minutes on it…

Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech do just fine. If nothing else, it makes us sound much more like a state-wide institution: UNC, NC State, and NC Tech.

I’ll have to do something up and post it so everyone call say, “SOUNDS LIKE A COMMUNITY COLLEGE!!!”:lmao:

Which idea is worse?

“NC Tech”

or

It’s a close call.

Of course that’s not my fight anymore and I fully support the University of Charlotte name change effort.

My real fight now is to get us a Head Football Coach and an Assistant AD for Football!!!

But where Charlotte…

[QUOTE=Gill2003;400185]Google Technical Institute and see what you get.

You think people ripped on us for UNC Charlotte. NCTECH?? NCTI? Sounds like the Art Institute or ITT Tech[/QUOTE]

Charlotte Tech would evoke thoughts of AI or ITT Tech. North Carolina Institute of Technology sounds like a major state research university a la Ga Tech and Va Tech.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;400191]But where Charlotte…[/QUOTE]

I don’t know…where?:tongue:

AH GRAMMAR FUN!!!:lmao:

Charlotte Tech would evoke thoughts of AI or ITT Tech. North Carolina Institute of Technology sounds like a major state research university a la Ga Tech and Va Tech.

Dunno. Unless were a Nuclear Poly Technical University or something, I dont like the Tech idea.

Also, GA and Vtech have had their name forever. Back then it was probably cool. Today, NCIT reminds me of NJIT

[QUOTE=Gill2003;400194]Dunno. Unless were a Nuclear Poly Technical University or something, I dont like the Tech idea.

Also, GA and Vtech have had their name forever. Back then it was probably cool. Today, NCIT reminds me of NJIT[/QUOTE]

I’m just trying to stay open to compromises. I’ve also thumbnailed a Charlotte State logo as well, but it’s nothing but a C-Pick with the word “STATE” coming out of it instead of “HARLOTTE”

[QUOTE=Gill2003;400194]Dunno. Unless were a Nuclear Poly Technical University or something, I dont like the Tech idea.

Also, GA and Vtech have had their name forever. Back then it was probably cool. Today, NCIT reminds me of NJIT[/QUOTE]

How about:

Carolina Tech

or

Central Carolinas University (lets get SC to help fund us for instate tuition for SC students!)

University of the Carolinas!!!

Speck-a-late’n is fun!

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;400179]I once advocated a name change on here to NC Tech (North Carolina Technical Institute).

My football support yielded much better results from our fellow posters.:dry:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you meant “North Carolina Institute of Technology.” A technical institute is usually a 2 year school.

I’ve always seen Charlotte State University as something that would happen, if we went to a namechange and got one forced on us.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;400198]I’ve always seen Charlotte State University as something that would happen, if we went to a namechange and got one forced on us.[/QUOTE]

I think it’s better than UNC Charlotte…

[QUOTE=NinerNirvana;400197]Hopefully you meant “North Carolina Institute of Technology.” A technical institute is usually a 2 year school.[/QUOTE]

Sure why not!

NCTI, NCIT, UNCC, TCBY…whatever.

The one advantage to University of the Carolinas is it would PISS the folks in Chapel Hell off royally!!!:lmao:

All this talk about Tech in our name is absurd. I’d much rather remain UNCC than anything that makes us sound like NC A&T or ITT.

There is really only one option here and it’s University of Charlotte. Anything else and your degrading. We are trying to get closer to the city of Charlotte, not separating ourselves.

[QUOTE=uncommon-niner;400201]All this talk about Tech in our name is absurd. I’d much rather remain UNCC than anything that makes us sound like NC A&T or ITT.

There is really only one option here and it’s University of Charlotte. Anything else and your degrading. We are trying to get closer to the city of Charlotte, not separating ourselves.[/QUOTE]

This is a “for funny” topic. Have fun with it Captain Serious! No one is sidetracking U of C efforts here.:tongue:

I've always seen Charlotte State University as something that would happen, if we went to a namechange and got one forced on us.

I really hate this idea sorry. I know we hate the UNC in our name- but Charlotte State sounds retarded.

This is a "for funny" topic. Have fun with it Captain Serious! No one is sidetracking U of C efforts here.:tongue:

I can’t even try- everything else makes me want to punch a baby