ACC tourny attendance down 10k

the ACC avg attendance is down substantially, off 10,000

http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2009/03/first-day-acc-tournament-attendance.html

but, but…

Must be using the wonderful “tickets sold” numbers, because I doubt there were 26,000 total that attended both sessions.

I like how the league cowardly compares itself with other BCS attendance figures using normal arenas. I wager the GA Dome costs 5x what the Greensboro Coliseum costs, so you need the ROI.

It should never leave Greensboro/Charlotte. The attendance wouldn’t have looked so bad if they hadn’t been playing in a football stadium. People were so scattered it looked like a Charlotte game over Christmas break.

Bad choice of venues by the ACC. At least in Tampa it was a good road trip in March, and there is stuff to see in D.C. when it’s there. They need to stick to Charlotte or Greensboro if they want to keep their taters gravied.

this may shock our local errrr…regional paper but in ATL there is only one conference and its called the SEC. The Dawgs rule GA.

I heard one of the afternoon games had less than 5,000 actually in attendance. Since the low numbers were obvious to the tv audience, someone at the O felt compelled to write this article suggesting otherwise. Talk about “promos”.

Of course, now the “acc article” will get extra clicks because the link is posted over here. Metro, you should have copied and pasted the article. :shades:

It should never leave Greensboro/[B]Charlotte[/B].
They need to stick to [B]Charlotte[/B] or Greensboro if they want to keep their taters gravied.
No, they need to STFO thank you very much. Just leave it in Greensboro.

[QUOTE=49or bust;391674]No, they need to STFO thank you very much. Just leave it in Greensboro.[/QUOTE]

…and now you can wake up and face the day!!! It was a good dream, though.

I heard the acc is hesitant to play in Charlotte again because the local paper never gives them any press, and instead keeps smearing the front page with stories on the hometown 49ers.

I heard the acc is hesitant to play in Charlotte again because the local paper never gives them any press, and instead keeps smearing the front page with stories on the hometown 49ers.
OH THE HUMANITY!!!

They should keep it in Atlanta. This is great.

Maybe they should consider other good venues like the Alamo Dome and the Super Dome as well.

They should keep it in Atlanta. This is great.

Maybe they should consider other good venues like the Alamo Dome and the Super Dome as well.

How about the Kingdome or the RCA Dome? If they play in Charlotte again, it should be played at the Charlotte Coliseum.

2015 site?

Anchorage in March? You can’t beat the weather. I would bet there would be more butts-in-seats in Anchorage than there were at a couple of yesterday’s games.

The ACC probably won’t be back in Charlotte any time soon. Since Charlotte was awarded the tournament last time, the ACC has expanded from 9 to 12 teams, and the seating capacity went from 26,000 in the Coliseum, to 18,000 in TWC Arena. They won’t be back.

Speaking of attendance, I wonder how many folks from the Observer were in attendance? They couldn’t send Utter to AC, but I wonder how many they have in Atlanta???

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;391707]Speaking of attendance, I wonder how many folks from the Observer were in attendance? They couldn’t send Utter to AC, but I wonder how many they have in Atlanta???[/QUOTE]
According to Mike P, one reporter was being sent to Atlanta to cover Clemson (gone) and Wake Forest. They are using the News & Observer staff to cover Duke, NC State (also gone) and UNC-Chapel Hill.

So pull for the Deacons to lose tonight. It will save the Observer some cash.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;391707]Speaking of attendance, I wonder how many folks from the Observer were in attendance? They couldn’t send Utter to AC, but I wonder how many they have in Atlanta???[/QUOTE]

You’ll never get a truthful answer on that.

[QUOTE=HP49er;391720]According to Mike P, one reporter was being sent to Atlanta to cover Clemson (gone) and Wake Forest. They are using the News & Observer staff to cover Duke, NC State (also gone) and UNC-Chapel Hill.

So pull for the Deacons to lose tonight. It will save the Observer some cash.[/QUOTE]

Just put in a call to the W-S Journal, and they won’t have to go at all. Using Wake as an excuse to go. C’mon!!!

[QUOTE=HP49er;391720]According to Mike P, one reporter was being sent to Atlanta to cover Clemson (gone) and Wake Forest. They are using the News & Observer staff to cover Duke, NC State (also gone) and UNC-Chapel Hill.

So pull for the Deacons to lose tonight. It will save the Observer some cash.[/QUOTE]

There is a better chance of our men’s team making the NCAA tournament than the Observer staff leaving Atlanta if Wake loses.

Also, notice that he listed how many writers were going to Atlanta. He didn’t say how many total staff. It costs just as much money to send the other higher-ups on a feild trip. Meanwhile, Jim was not allowed to take a $129 flight to AC.