advice from nnn parents

When you take part in any kind of organized/sanctioned athletic contest, you assume the typical risk involved in the activity, according to common law. As oppposed to say, the McSorley/Brashear attack in hockey, several years ago.

Send them this T-shirt:

lol No, we are on their good side. No drama, ever. They are just arrogant yankee lawyers and this is how they do things, and why they have no friends- except another atty he works with.

and there is no legal talk happening, he just brought the bill over since we said we would take care of anything after it happened. Little did we know he’d serve us a $300 bill.

Most visits to a urgent care have a $50 co pay.

You told them you’d take care of it. If you hadn’t said it, I’d say don’t pay them. But if you’re holding true to your word… Of course, I’m not a parent. I wasn’t going to weigh in until I saw that you said that.

You told them you'd take care of it. If you hadn't said it, I'd say don't pay them. But if you're holding true to your word..... Of course, I'm not a parent. I wasn't going to weigh in until I saw that you said that.

I have to agree here. Saying something like this just invites this to happen. I’d just be honest with the guy and tell him you were not expecting such a bill. If he presses you, then I would ask myself if that’s a person I want to be associated with anyways.

On a side note, sure are alot of non-attorneys giving legal advice on here.

It’s a friggin shame, but it today’s world, it’s probably easier to just pay the bill and wash your hands of these morons.

I have to agree here. Saying something like this just invites this to happen. I'd just be honest with the guy and tell him you were not expecting such a bill. If he presses you, then I would ask myself if that's a person I want to be associated with anyways.

On a side note, sure are alot of non-attorneys giving legal advice on here.

It's a friggin shame, but it today's world, it's probably easier to just pay the bill and wash your hands of these morons.

and thats what me and the wife have said verbatim. pay it. the kids will never go over there again

if his kid were in my yard and hit my kid with the bat in a game, I would NEVER accept a dime from him

[URL=http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31340561&id=36603523][IMG]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v50/78/15/36603523/n36603523_31340534_821.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I wish my teammate would have paid half of my bill when this happened in the Maryland Regional Flag Football game in 2006…going up for an interception and our safety clocked me with his elbow…8 stitches and 2 days later this photo was taken. Cost me about a grand…after insurance.

I think paying half is a nice gesture to keep the relationship intact…but if it were me my kids wouldn’t be playing with attorney’s kids anyway…so I’d offer to pay half or nothing at all. **** happens. And why do ppl go to the ER for this kind of stuff??? Urgent care will take care of it and cost pennies on the dollar.

Your such a woman… get the sand out of your vagina.

[QUOTE=metro;430895]I want some advice from a few NNN parents. A few months ago my 7 yr old daughter was at the neighbors playing with their kids. A pickup softball/wiffle ball game took place with the kids and the parents watching. My daughter swung the bat, and it hits the 3 yr old child who lives there. It cut her eye open, and they took her to the ER. Well the ER bill was $500, and the cost to the family was $276. No stitches happen, just that Durabond glue to seal the cut. So tonight my neighbor brings me the bill.

If a kid comes to my house and accidentally hurts my kid in a game, I am not taking the bill to anyone. Kids are kids and they get hurt-alot. Now if there is malicious intent or an attack that’s different.

Should I tell them to pound rock salt? Important tidbit, both the mom and dad are attorneys. :lmao:[/QUOTE]

What the hell is a 3 year old doing trying to play ball with older kids? Personally, sounds like bad parenting on their part. I don’t have any kids but lately I’ve started to notice a general lack of accountability from parents nowadays.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;430901]Tell them it’s not your responsibility to pay anything but that you will pay HALF the bill anyway. Consider it an investment, especially if it keeps you on their good side.

If they don’t agree to spitting the bill, tell them to shove it or take Cha_49’s advice…[/QUOTE]

I would go with this idea.

[QUOTE=metro;430949]and thats what me and the wife have said verbatim. pay it. the kids will never go over there again

[B][I]if his kid were in my yard and hit my kid with the bat in a game, I would NEVER accept a dime from him[/I][/B][/QUOTE]

When I was in insurance we would tell people to not even let other peoples kids play in their yards unless they had good homeowners and an umbrella policy. These days with bored attorneys looking for money…

[QUOTE=Gill2003;430964]When I was in insurance we would tell people to not even let other peoples kids play in their yards unless they had good homeowners and an umbrella policy. These days with bored attorneys looking for money…[/QUOTE]

…and greedy parents.

Did your neighbors check their homeowners policy? In many cases, a policy will pay bills for someone hurt on holders property.

[QUOTE=gamer;430979]Did your neighbors check their homeowners policy? In many cases, a policy will pay bills for someone hurt on holders property.[/QUOTE]

Probably, but then went to Metro because they don’t want their insurance to increase via filing a claim.

Did your neighbors check their homeowners policy? In many cases, a policy will pay bills for someone hurt on holders property.

Their own kid was hurt on their property. This would not be covered under liability or Med Pay of their own policy.

I think my neighbor is the most at fault. Why would you allow a 1st grader to hold/swing a bat (natural thing to do) that you are providing, while a 3 yr old is running around loose? That is a trip to the urgent care waiting to happen, and a risk you must eliminate.

the best part I haven’t metioned: my wife sees the wife at the grocery the next day, and the her biggest point to my wife was “I just want to make sure you know your daughter was at fault, not mine in any way.” Who the fock talks like that about 7 and 3 yr olds having a backyard boo boo?? To me that is code for: if my kid can’t see one day from this, we will take your ass for all your worth.

Try to get off for half, but if you have to, just pay it and never let your kids hang out with them. There’s got to be a way to relate to your 7 y/o that they’re pansies. I just think if they continue to hang out, god forbid, their kid ride your kids bike and wreck, and they come after you b/c it was your kid’s bike.

Tell them it's not your responsibility to pay anything but that you will pay HALF the bill anyway. Consider it an investment, especially if it keeps you on their good side.

If they don’t agree to spitting the bill, tell them to shove it or take Cha_49’s advice…

This…some neighbors you got there…:ohmy:

I think my neighbor is the most at fault. Why would you allow a 1st grader to hold/swing a bat (natural thing to do) that you are providing, while a 3 yr old is running around loose? That is a trip to the urgent care waiting to happen, and a risk you must eliminate.

the best part I haven’t metioned: my wife sees the wife at the grocery the next day, and the her biggest point to my wife was “I just want to make sure you know your daughter was at fault, not mine in any way.” Who the fock talks like that about 7 and 3 yr olds having a backyard boo boo?? To me that is code for: if my kid can’t see one day from this, we will take your ass for all your worth.

[SIZE=6]WOW[/SIZE]

Somebody needs to take baseball bat a smack the parents upside their head.

I would fight this. The accident happened on your neighbors property, they are responsible, not you.

By the way, your neighbors are jerks!