advice from nnn parents

[QUOTE] I’d take cakewalk’s advice.[/QUOTE]

An offer to pay medical bills is not admissible per the federal nor NC rules of evidence, so I don’t see how it would be an admission of fault that could be used against him in the future, unless there is something I am missing here.

Really, I think maybe the best route would be to give them a check with some type of note or attached agreement that this is a final settlement of all expenses, not an admission of fault, and is in accord and satisfaction of any and all potential liability resulting from the injury.

I of course am not offering legal advice though.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;431193]Really, I think maybe the best route would be to give them a check with some type of note or attached agreement that this is a final settlement of all expenses, not an admission of fault, and is in accord and satisfaction of any and all potential liability resulting from the injury.[/QUOTE]

Excellent idea. Metro, attach a “release of claim” form to the check and make sure you include some language along the lines of “cashing of this check releases the payee from all future medical expenses incurred to the recipient’s child, as well as all future potential side effects contracted including, but not limited to: seizures, lice, cancer, AIDS, ADD, schizophrenia, depression, and post-tramatic stress disorder”. That should shake them up a bit.

An offer to pay medical bills is not admissible per the federal nor NC rules of evidence, so I don't see how it would be an admission of fault that could be used against him in the future, unless there is something I am missing here.

Really, I think maybe the best route would be to give them a check with some type of note or attached agreement that this is a final settlement of all expenses, not an admission of fault, and is in accord and satisfaction of any and all potential liability resulting from the injury.

I of course am not offering legal advice though.

It’s fairly easy to slip out that someone is paying the bill. Just b/c it’s not allowed doesn’t mean it cannot bias someone.

And the waiver might not work. The plaintiff in this case would be a minor. The parents would just be acting on the minor’s behalf.

Again, like said…good to talk to an atty.