Al Jefferson to the Bobcats

Jefferson signs a 3 year deal, 3rd year is player option. Deal reportedly for $41mil.

Also:

[size=2][font=verdana]The Bobcats will release [/font][font=verdana][url=http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3032/tyrus-thomas]Tyrus Thomas[/url][/font] this month via the one-time amnesty clause to create the needed salary-cap space to sign Jefferson, according to TNT. [/size]

Elite scorer, especially in one-on-one situations, but he is one of the worst defensive big men in the NBA. I think they did this because they now know they can’t put all their chips on the Draft anymore.

thank GOD

With Jefferson in the fold the Bobcats win between 30-35 games next season and are officially out of the Andrew Wiggins sweepstake.

Lololol 25 wins at most.

Lololol 25 wins at most.[/quote]

They won 21 games last year with Biz and Mcdoodoo starting. Mullens was a walking sprained ankle. I could see them getting around 30 this year.

The entire NBA is going to be such an interesting dynamic next year. Bad teams are going to tank. They will put guys on the bench with jet lag. I do think Kemba and Cody Zeller are going to make a good pick and roll combo. This team won’t be great, but they won’t be bobcats terrible. Jefferson/Zeller is definitely an improvement on the Mullens/Haywood frontcourt we saw consistently last year. If Mark Price can help Kemba/Gerald/MKG/Gordon/Sessions/Jeff Taylor shoot the ball decently, this team could be pretty solid, especially relative to what we have had. Biz won’t be a bad defensive big to bring off the bench.

Spent money on their biggest weakness (low post scoring) and people still complain. It’s like all the Panthers fans who complained for years about us getting no pressure from DTs then get upset this year when our first 2 picks are DTs.

The contract is team friendly as far as the years go and is a very tradeable contract if we want out. Even if you don’t like what Jefferson brings to the table you should like the move solely based on it brings some respectability to the Horncats on the free agent market. If people really want to “bring the buzz back” got to have something on the floor to be excited about.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:7, topic:27928”]I do think Kemba and Cody Zeller are going to make a good pick and roll combo.[/quote] Would be better if we traded Zeller for Stiemsma.

Stupid - after years of sucking to build through the draft, THE draft they have been waiting for coming up and the upgrade talent. Stupid. Take your chance next year then react.

Is he any relation to Thomas? :))

George would have been a better guess.

George would have been a better guess.[/quote]

Not really, he was really short and it is well known that TJ was hooking up with some comfort girls.

Well everyone knows TJ liked some cream in his coffee.

$41 million for half a basketball player (he only plays one half of the court, which is one half of the game) is fucking retarded.

He will pick up the option for the third year because he will never get a contract like this again.

Yeah, for $41 mil, you can learn defense.

[quote=“NLP49, post:15, topic:27928”]$41 million for half a basketball player (he only plays one half of the court, which is one half of the game) is f***ing retarded.

He will pick up the option for the third year because he will never get a contract like this again.[/quote]

I get what you’re saying. But I think that’s more indicative of the NBA than it is of Jefferson. They were paying Thomas $9mill to not play at all and Gordon $13mill to come off of the bench. The Jazz were already paying Jefferson $15mill and he was productive there.

George would have been a better guess.[/quote]

Not really, he was really short and it is well known that TJ was hooking up with some comfort girls.[/quote]

George was black. Thomas just owned blacks.

We can’t play to the draft… this isn’t the NFL.

I’m glad to see the cats went and got a proven guy that isn’t ancient (28 y/o). We needed someone down low and I’m glad to see we got him and his name wasn’t Dwight Howard.

In other news, we’re talking about the Bobnets in terms of players (not just the name of the franchise). Something must have been done right!

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:19, topic:27928”]We can’t play to the draft… this isn’t the NFL.

I’m glad to see the cats went and got a proven guy that isn’t ancient (28 y/o). We needed someone down low and I’m glad to see we got him and his name wasn’t Dwight Howard.

In other news, we’re talking about the Bobnets in terms of players (not just the name of the franchise). Something must have been done right![/quote]

I get that but the only path to success for them is luck of the draft. Should have just rolled the dice one more year. Going to be hard for small market to ever turn things around with getting lucky in the draft.