[quote=“StillJonesing, post:103, topic:27928”]SG is one of the weakest positions in the NBA. 5.7 million for a guy that was just 6th man of the year last year and could very likely average right at 20ppg as a starter for probably essentially nothing is something I think you look at if you want wing scoring.
He was still having knee problems most of the year from his summer surgery but looked great the last month. 19ppg on great percentages. I’m just saying you could probably get him for 2nd round picks and probably even dump some bad salary on the Knicks or someone in a 3 team trade if you had some or maybe even get a pick back yourself depending on the deal.
Have you ever looked at the guy play? Seriously he’s like the biggest waste of talent in the NBA, but there is talent there to work with and that has been gotten out of him before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEggJ6E3tcs[/quote]
JR Smith is not tradable. The Knicks know this. They are going to have to eat a terrible contract to dump him, and thats not something they are willing to do. And the reason why he’s not tradable is because he’s batshit crazy.
At his ceiling, his a flawed scorer off the bench. But what he is right now is a super streaky chucker who frequently breaks off from the offense, gets suspended, fined, and is a reported locker room cancer who dogs it on the defensive end. And you want to give draft picks to bring a guy like that onto a young team built around an definsive identity? lolno
or suggest a 38 yr old Marion could guard Lebron James.
We’ll 35 year old Marion did a pretty damn good job guarding 26 year old Lebron. I pretty much remember them winning a title and Lebron not scoring in the 4th quarters and doing much of nothing that series.
That was 3 years ago! I remember how great Amare Stoudamire was at the pick and roll. Maybe we should bring him in too.
I have no real issues with Marion. I dont think he’s a good fit. We need scoring at the SF and you arent getting that consistently from him. He’s having a pretty awful series offensively against the Spurs and its not like he’s going to get better.
[
All I ever said about the guy was he could block shots and hit 15 footers and that’s still true.
No, what you said that that he is the best combo shotblocker/pick and pop guy in the league. Which is of course equal parts wrong and crazy.