Alex Highsmith selected by Steelers

I watch every Steelers game, and Alex and Larry are almost always referred to as playing college ball at Charlotte. Each broadcast team is different, and if one states they were UNC vomit, thatā€™s just a sign of their low IQ. I would like to hear more 49ers mixed in with Charlotte. However, we have Alex and Larry and Nate to thank for doing more to make the Charlotte 49ers brand more recognized nationally now than anyone since Bobby Lutz. Que all things Lutz!

3 Likes

All Iā€™ve heard all season on television from the broadcast was Charlotte but the stadium starting lineups in Pitt said UNC Charlotte. I like Charlotte too for the record.

1 Like

Maybe someone in our AD could contact the steelers people who can rectify this and kindly ask them to do it.

I have never found any problems with the Steelers and the Charlotte 49ers name. Can you show me where the world class Pittsburgh Steelers have offended the Charlotte 49ers? Having Alex and Larry on their defense is something the Pittsburgh Steelers feel very fortunate a boot

Donā€™t confuse the Steelers with shitshows like the Tepper Panthers. The two organizations are polar opposites at this point. The Steelers are fair to their players even when they donā€™t have to be, in my experience. They donā€™t advertise their good deeds done for their players or outside charities. They certainly donā€™t crap on their players or disrespect where they came from. The Steelers do not care where their players came from in terms of opportunities and depth. However, I believe if Alex or Larry ever did get offended by how the Steelers call out their University, then they could take a short walk to Coach Tomlin or Mr. Rooney to make it right.

I will carry water for the Pittsburgh Steelers any day

I didnt realize you were Canadian

1 Like

The Tepper shit show is an offspring
Of the Steelers :thinking:

This, ninerJ.

As a minority owner, Tepper had a 5% stake in the Steelers. Other than that, canā€™t see any resemblance in how the two franchises are run.

Yeah when Tepper was announced there was a lot of talk he learned how to be an owner from the Rooneys and that he would do things the Pitt way, clearly that was all talk.

1 Like

If so itā€™s The Bad Seed.

No one has said Pitt is bad. Rather, we need to change the name of our university. The University of Charlotte.

3 Likes

Itā€™s coming.

3 Likes

Itā€™s even worse with Browns owners, who also were minority owners of Steelers prior to Browns purchase

1 Like

Definitely correct about the perception that under Tepper the Panthers would do things the Pittsburgh Steelers way:

https://www.sportscasting.com/david-teppers-steelers-cred-gave-him-a-2-2-billion-advantage-in-buying-the-carolina-panthers/

Iā€™m gonna disagree with you here.

The more I think about this the more I think we need to go with Charlotte University.

Why?

If itā€™s university of charlotte then our initials are UC. That is only one letter removed from UNC.

Call me crazy but I still think name confusion happens.

I think we go with Charlotte University. CU. Get the name of the city right out front.

That naming scheme works quite well for NYU, BU, and some others Iā€™m sure Iā€™m blanking on right now.

I like both. I prefer U of C, for no logical reason, just a preference to the way it rolls of the tongue.

1 Like

I agree it sounds better. But Iā€™m just worried about name confusion.

PLUS!

We were Charlotte College for a good while. We were not the College of Charlotte.

Claiming Charlotte University ties in with that real heritage of our institution. Thatā€™s real. You canā€™t take that away from us.

To me, CU is the University of Colorado in Boulder. Of course, also Campbell, Catholic, Clemson, Columbia, Cornell, Creighton, etc.

I dont care what it is. CU, UC, CSU all work for me. I just want the UNC out.

7 Likes

Might as well be CLTU

:small_airplane:

2 Likes