Alex Highsmith selected by Steelers

Charlotte State University

No, No, No. Please No!

4 Likes

University of Charlotte makes a statement.

We immediately become THE University of Charlotte. The biggest city in NC and internationally known. Much better than Charlotte University in my opinion.

8 Likes
6 Likes

How about Bobby Lutz de University Von Charlotte de 49ers

Incredible year and these Steelers season sack leader totals reinforce that Alex should be considered a Pro Bowl linebacker

2 Likes

WATCH: Highsmith - ‘I’m just grateful’

Alex and his family are about to receive generational wealth from the Pittsburgh Steelers. God bless Alex, he has earned it, both with his play on the field and his person off the field. Guys like Alex are few and far between in my experience. Believe me, Alex has been getting assaulted with negative Pittsburgh media assholes every single season, and he just kept working and getting better. Finally, 14.5 sacks shut the naysayers up. Alex is what we knew him to be already, except even better than we knew.

4 Likes
2 Likes

clt says come home Alex!

Football Nfl GIF by Carolina Panthers

4 Likes

We are setting course competing about who is more thankful about Alex Highsmith, but I must defer to Father Highsmith for his job well done raising the man, the legend, the 49ers and Steelers Great, Alex Highsmith!

4 Likes

When are we going to retire his number?

Do we have any guidelines for football numbers being retired?

I know for basketball we have parameters - must be all conference player, etc.

3 Likes

Alex could get $20 million per year? That was franchise quarterback money not that long ago!

1 Like
2 Likes

Dulac is good, but Alex will get extended for his market value. Peoples always focusing on the 14.5 sacks and how most came with Watt on the field. So what? What peoples like that are missing is just his good Alex has been at stopping the run, both his side and coming on the backside. Coming on the backside is maybe not the best phrase, but I digress.

The only thing that might push more leverage to the Steelers is if the draft a great outside backer high, but even then, there’s no guarantees that hypothetical dude will be as good as Alex is now or within the next 4 years.

Bottom line is, the Steelers love Alex the person, he is as good for Watt as Watt is for him, he has gotten bigger, stronger and more productive each year, and therefore, the Steelers will sign him to a generational wealth contract before the season starts.

1 Like

It’s old. I missed it

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TFG_Football/status/1672304593869615104

3 Likes

Name a year that Alex didn’t get bigger, faster and stronger. Believe it or not, there are media people in Pittsburgh that have been dogging Alex since Day 1. Each season, Al makes their previous season negativity wrong, but they just evolve the smoke. “Yeah, he had 14 sacks, but (insert gibberish).”

2 Likes

https://www.csun.edu/~vcpsy00h/seattle.htm

2 Likes