All-Time Hall of Fame Team

In the spirit of the National Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony this weekend…for each position,
who makes the cut on your ALL-TIME HALL OF FAME TEAM?

Chipper Jones, every position.

[URL]http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/enterworkflow.do?flowId=playerDetails.playerDetails[/URL]

…just in case you guys needed some help. There are 289 (including this year’s class) Hall of Famers.

Danny Tartabull has to be on the list.

Don Mattingly!

but seriously guys…who makes up your team?! this is a huge weekend in baseball history.

The only locks I can think of off the top of my head are:

3rd - Mike Scmidt
LF - Barry Bonds
CF - Willie Mays
RF - Henry Aaron

Although leaving Ted Williams off the list seems idiotic.

Maybe the rest
SS - Ozzie Smith
2nd - Ryan Sandberg
1st - Lou Gehrig (This is the toughest position to pick IMO)
C - Ivan Rodriguez
P - Cy Young

Had a huge argument this weekend about this sort of thing regarding Derek Jeter.

People say he is overrated and isn’t a superstar, but it arguable that he will go down as the best SS of all time.

Starters:

C: Ivan Rodriguez
1B: Mark McGwire
2B: Bret Boone
3B: Alex Rodriguez
SS: Miguel Tejada
OF: Barry Bonds
OF: Jose Canseco
OF: Gary Sheffield

SP: Roger Clemens
RP: Eric Gagne

Manager: Pete Rose
1B Coach: Rafeal Palmeiro
3B Coach: Joe Torre

Bench Players:

C: Paul Lo Duca
1B: Jason Giambi
2B: Chuck Knobloch
3B: Ken Caminiti
SS: Neifi Perez
OF: Lenny Dykstra
OF: David Justice
OF: Manny Ramirez

SP: Andy Pettite
RP: John Rocker

[QUOTE=Normmm;420281]The only locks I can think of off the top of my head are:

3rd - Mike Scmidt
LF - Barry Bonds
CF - Willie Mays
RF - Henry Aaron

Although leaving Ted Williams off the list seems idiotic.

Maybe the rest
SS - Ozzie Smith
2nd - Ryan Sandberg
1st - Lou Gehrig (This is the toughest position to pick IMO)
C - Ivan Rodriguez
P - Cy Young[/QUOTE]

I can’t come up with locks for this type of list- especially in the OF. Williams, Mantle, Ruth, Joe D, Clemente. The list goes on and on.

3B- Schmitt is probably as close to a lock as there is, unless you consider ARod.
Catcher, tough call- Bench, Berra, Fisk.
SS- Jeter, Smith, Ripken- I think todays SS are a little better- more pop
2B- Sandberg, Morgan
1B- Gerhig for me too
LHP- Koufax, Randy Johnson maybe
RHP- Clemens, Seaver, Gibson, hell that’s tough

I can't come up with locks for this type of list- especially in the OF. Williams, Mantle, Ruth, Joe D, Clemente. The list goes on and on.

3B- Schmitt is probably as close to a lock as there is, unless you consider ARod.
Catcher, tough call- Bench, Berra, Fisk.
SS- Jeter, Smith, Ripken- I think todays SS are a little better- more pop
2B- Sandberg, Morgan
1B- Gerhig for me too
LHP- Koufax, Randy Johnson maybe
RHP- Clemens, Seaver, Gibson, hell that’s tough

You could add Pedro Martinez to that RHP list too.

We have had this arguement on here before or the board before this but Sandberg is way overrated. I personally saw him make 2 errors in Wrigley during his streak. He got a tremendous amount of home cooking and lots of errors were counted as hits . Good stick but average in the field because of his limited range.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;420509]We have had this arguement on here before or the board before this but Sandberg is way overrated.[/QUOTE]

clt blows his gasket in 3…2…1…

BUMP

Induction weekend is here!

Yesterday I ran into “Ole Slippery Pete” Rose on his way to a card store for an autograph session.

I’m about to head to work this morning and help out with an event in which guests can play ball with guys like Ozzie, Harmon, Wade, and Murray.

Tomorrow is the Red Carpet Gala. 51 living Hall of Famers will be there and it’s going to be something truly special.

And Sunday of course is INDUCTION DAY!

Any more thought on who makes up your ALL-TIME HALL OF FAME TEAM?!

C - Bench
1B - Gehrig
2B - J. Robinson
3B - Mathews
SS - O. Smith
LF - T. Williams
CF - Mays
RF - Aaron

LHP - Koufax, Carlton
RHP - Ryan, Gibson
Closer - Eckersley

MGR - McGraw
Pitching Coach - Mazzone
1B Coach - E. Weaver
3B Coach - C. Stengel

Tinker to Evers to Chance

Here’s two I forgot abot.

SS- Robin Yount
2B- Rod Carew (he did play 2nd for a while didn’t he?)

Ernie Banks

[QUOTE=hootie;420903]2B- Rod Carew (he did play 2nd for a while didn’t he?)[/QUOTE]
I actually almost had him at 2B until I went with Jackie.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;420504]You could add Pedro Martinez to that RHP list too.[/QUOTE]

Pedro kinda reminds me of David Cone. Nasty, nasty stuff. But I don’t consider him an “all-time great” for some reason. Of course it’s all subjective.

Pedro kinda reminds me of David Cone. Nasty, nasty stuff. But I don't consider him an "all-time great" for some reason. Of course it's all subjective.

It’s funny how Maddox hardly gets discussed in these type of conversations. I’m guilty of it too. I think just because he wasn’t a power pitcher. But his career ERA, with his lack of power, is pretty crazy. Not to mention something like 10 gold gloves.