Alternatives to the Bookstore

I absolutely agree with this. If you have something decent looking that’s Charlotte 49ers and you list it on eBay or Facebook marketplace it sells nearly instantly due to the complete lack of supply. Speaks to the issue.

There is some good charlotte stuff on Etsy. Just search for charlotte 49ers

Bookstore is closed and locked on Black Friday. I’m standing here right now.

They literally aren’t interested in selling gear. That is the problem.

I know we don’t quite have the audience for a standalone permanent gear store, but I think a popup store that is at different events/festivals/locations (with social media to track where they are) would do well enough to make it worth it - especially in a parking lot across from campus before/after football games. A food truck of sorts for Niners gear.

2 Likes

clt says the rough at rocky river needs to trimmed back

How long will this new contract last?

100 million years.

I think it was a very long contract if I recall correctly. Possibly 10 years.

Best thingbwe can do with bookstore is ask for better leadership there and find out who orders stuff.

There is a play to be made where you send them demand letters and tell them they aren’t fulfilling their end of the contract. Demand they increase online merchandising or we will declare them in breach. We can put pressure on B&N, but I have no faith in our legal department.

I’d personally map out a 180 day plan with demands sent at certain intervals and if they don’t change, tell em to f off and start my own merchandising. If they sue for breach of contract, you counter sue. It’ll be hard to maintain an action on their part if there is a clear history of demands where we make it clear they aren’t holding up their end of the bargain.

But again, I don’t believe in our GC or that anyone at the U has a backbone enough to push it, even though there is a really good case to be made. People just don’t care that much.