Alumni last Saturday..

WHERE WERE YOU!? Yeah I know, the students didnt exactly show up in big numbers, but at least we packed the lower level. If I had a dollar for every seat that was empty over there on the alumni side, Id be able to start us up a football team right now…

[QUOTE=Chisox17;196665]WHERE WERE YOU!? Yeah I know, the students didnt exactly show up in big numbers, but at least we packed the lower level. If I had a dollar for every seat that was empty over there on the alumni side, Id be able to start us up a football team right now…[/QUOTE]

Looking after a sick child.

It was an exhibition game.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;196670]It was an exhibition game.[/QUOTE]

yea, that also. :biggrin:

Let me just say this: They were being VERY picky about where people sat. I got there about 5 mins after the game started, and was only allowed to sit in the packed student section. It worked to my advantage - I got 3 seats on the second row, but they wouldn’t let you sit in the lower level anywhere but 103, 104, 105, and maybe 106 if you had a student ticket. I mean hell, I woulda sat on the Alumni side if they hadnt been so strict. Now, I know alums donate a lot to get lower level for games, but didnt they have $5 GA tickets for that game since it was an exhibition? It would have LOOKED better to ahve the lower level packed out, and to have the upper level empty. 3800 in attendance, and the bottom bowl still looked empty.

I was there…in the family zone!

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;196670]It was an exhibition game.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see your point.

btw - I think im buying seasons tickets this week.

I was there, not in my usual seat in 123 but still in 123 for most of the game. I did sit with R49er for a while as well.

My youngest was a ballboy (aka Towel Bitch, :tongue: ) so I was in the 111 end zone section too.

I was at the App ST. v Citidal football game…

[QUOTE=Chisox17;196677]I fail to see your point.[/QUOTE]

I wasn’t wasting a tank of gas to come to a game that means nothing. I did not miss a regular season or postseason home game last year and do not plan to this year, but scrimmage games are not going to be attended by me. If I lived a little closer then I might come, but not when it’s over an hour away for a game that is essentially a practice. Where were the other 18,000 students, since there were 2,500 vacant seats in their section?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;196677]If I had a dollar for every seat that was empty over there on the alumni side, Id be able to start us up a football team right now…[/QUOTE]

$4600 is enough to start a football team, assuming the Alumni side was empty?
If you had to pay a dollar back for every empty student seat you would be broke and working to pay off the deficit.

I was there & had a great time… wish our side got a little more rowdy.

me and about 6 other alumni sat in the GA. Better seats.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;196665]WHERE WERE YOU!?[/QUOTE]

Section 111, row B.

In checking out box scores around the A-10, some teams did better attendance-wise than the Niners, some about the same. UMass drew 3,000+, while Xavier and Dayton were in the 9-10,000 range, respectively, for their games.

Just as long as we do put more butts in the seats this weekend, though I’m sure Saturday’s game will be better attended than Sundays. And I will be there for both!

GO NINERS! BEAT HOFSTRA AND NORTH TEXAS!

I think that their priority should be packing out the lower bowl for games if they are not full. At half time, offer to move people to the lower section, and get a rowdy second half going. They are more nazi at Halton than BoFa or the Old Coliseum (never been to bobcats)

I was there, with my wife and friend and we even brought two more friends. We were the only ones left in 226 second half and the only ones standing up anytime.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;196700]I think that their priority should be packing out the lower bowl for games if they are not full. At half time, offer to move people to the lower section, and get a rowdy second half going.[/QUOTE]
I would love it if they would do that!

I was there but I still think this topic (which is highly redundant) is ridiculous. If it’s not the students bitching about alumni not showing up, it’s alumni bitching about students not showing up. We go down this road every year and all it does is result in the same side of the coin arguing.

The alumni paid for their seats. If they don’t want to attend a meaningless exhibition game on a Saturday evening then so be it. Most will be there when it matters. The same can be said about students, when halfway through the season, they fail to show up because the fringe fans jump ship when we lose a couple games.

I just don’t see the point of arguing about it on this messageboard because 99% of the people that frequent this site, never miss a game. That goes for both students and alumni. If you want to complain about alumni not showing up for an exhibition game, that’s fine but you’re not reaching any of those ones here on this site. We’re ALL die-hards here so it’s pointless.

Amen, jcl!

To heck w/ halftime.
If you’re not there in the 1st 5 min. of the game, move people down to your seat to pack the lower bowl.
And yeah, they are Nazi. I went to the A-10 Soccer Tourney vs. Duquesne, & after the 1/2, after the MVPs had already eaten, they wouldn’t let me in the glass room to get out of the cold.

Id also like to add that the campus PoPos could goa a little bit easier on the students and drinking. I got a ticket in there for drinking in Halton and I WASNT EVEN DRINKING IN HALTON. Id had a HALF of a rum and coke before the game, wasnt the least bit buzzed, but had alcohol on my breath when they singled me out.

It was total bullshit, and if theyd lay off a little bit, i bet more students would go, and get loud. I see nothing wrong with kicking people out who are obnoxious, but really, do you have to try to snipe people out?

I, for not even drinking in Halton, was on probation until about a month before I graduated.