Alumni last Saturday..

Id also like to add that the campus PoPos could goa a little bit easier on the students and drinking. I got a ticket in there for drinking in Halton and I WASNT EVEN DRINKING IN HALTON. Id had a HALF of a rum and coke before the game, wasnt the least bit buzzed, but had alcohol on my breath when they singled me out.

It was total bullshit, and if theyd lay off a little bit, i bet more students would go, and get loud. I see nothing wrong with kicking people out who are obnoxious, but really, do you have to try to snipe people out?

I, for not even drinking in Halton, was on probation until about a month before I graduated.

You have singled out the main reason that,

a) Tailgating may never be a tradition @ Charlotte
b) Basketball games are not filled with students

Letā€™s be honest, one of the biggest draws of college football is the opportunity to drink with 20-60 thousand people that are crazy about your school. We could have a great atmosphere here if we had even 3-4 thousand crazy students but we wonā€™t ever have that because if you are doing something even remotely close to drinking underage then ā€œto jail with you!ā€ and out of Halton. Yarrgh

The Reverend was thereā€¦raising hell as usual.

I must say I am impressed it only took the first exhibition game for the first Alumni v Students thread.

Nice work Scotty!!!

Chi, are you Skody on party49ers?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;196665]over there on the alumni side[/QUOTE]

Where is the alumni side?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;196665]
If I had a dollar for every seat that was empty over there on the alumni side, Id be able to start us up a football team right nowā€¦
[/QUOTE]

I sure hope youā€™re not a math major.

If you read his post literally, I hope you were not an English major.

Stop the Niner on Niner violence!

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;196738]Stop the Niner on Niner violence![/QUOTE]
Ha ha, itā€™s just a big pool of green blood! Horrible!

I was at the App ST. v Citidal football game....

people support Division 1-AA football!!!

news to me.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;196690]I was at the App ST. v Citidal football gameā€¦[/QUOTE]

Football? between Universities? Do other schools do this on Saturdays, too? what a concept. I didnā€™t know the game existed outside of the NFL.

Maybe we should suggest it to Mrs. Rose?

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;196737]If you read his post literally, I hope you were not an English major.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! It saddens me that there are actually people on here who took my comment literally.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;196714]Chi, are you Skody on party49ers?[/QUOTE]

Thats me

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;196713]I must say I am impressed it only took the first exhibition game for the first Alumni v Students thread.

Nice work Scotty!!![/QUOTE]

LOL im on top of things :shades:

Im devisetek :slight_smile:

I was there but I still think this topic (which is highly redundant) is ridiculous. If it's not the students bitching about alumni not showing up, it's alumni bitching about students not showing up. We go down this road every year and all it does is result in the same side of the coin arguing.

yupā€¦

I didnā€™t go b/c I just didnā€™t feel like goingā€¦

People have other things to do and weā€™re sorry we canā€™t put basketball at the top of our priority listā€¦

I was there, with my wife and friend and we even brought two more friends.

So was that 5 people? Did they all fit in your Camaro cause that musta been a tight ride! I actually saw your car when I was leaving and thought Iā€™d say hello but it was too damn cold.

You should bring all those people again for the Hofstra game. We need Halton to be as loud as it gets.

[QUOTE=49or bust;196780]So was that 5 people? Did they all fit in your Camaro cause that musta been a tight ride! I actually saw your car when I was leaving and thought Iā€™d say hello but it was too damn cold.

You should bring all those people again for the Hofstra game. We need Halton to be as loud as it gets.[/QUOTE]
Naw, we decided the body warmth would be nice, but we ought to ride in three different cars. I know that 3 of us will be there for sure Saturday. Not sure about the other twoā€¦ Holler at me next time. Itā€™s warmer in Halton, so look for me in 226. I usually have a gray Ninersā€™ polo and my wife likes to wear my Charlotte hat.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;196702]I was there but I still think this topic (which is highly redundant) is ridiculous. If itā€™s not the students bitching about alumni not showing up, itā€™s alumni bitching about students not showing up. We go down this road every year and all it does is result in the same side of the coin arguing.

The alumni paid for their seats. If they donā€™t want to attend a meaningless exhibition game on a Saturday evening then so be it. Most will be there when it matters. The same can be said about students, when halfway through the season, they fail to show up because the fringe fans jump ship when we lose a couple games.

I just donā€™t see the point of arguing about it on this messageboard because 99% of the people that frequent this site, never miss a game. That goes for both students and alumni. If you want to complain about alumni not showing up for an exhibition game, thatā€™s fine but youā€™re not reaching any of those ones here on this site. Weā€™re ALL die-hards here so itā€™s pointless.[/QUOTE]

Never seen this arguement before, what are you talking about?

There were the older alumni who walked into the student section. And behind them was some guy with a carolina shirt on, and we started harrasign him, but the old timers probably thought we were harrasing themā€¦