Alumni last Saturday..

Anybody that goes around smelling breath is an a55hole.
Maybe you should have took them to student court for stalking. That sounds like something a stalker would do.

Im devisetek :)

since we are doing this.

iā€™m maniac49er

There were the older alumni who walked into the student section. And behind them was some guy with a carolina shirt on, and we started harrasign him, but the old timers probably thought we were harrasing them...

how dumb was that guyā€¦

I went to student court, and LOST! They didnt just smell my breath. They SINGLED ME OUT FIRST, CALLED ME OUT OF MY SEAT, AND HAD ME TALK TO AN UNDERCOVER OFFICER! Then in student court they said that on campus violations dont have to follow regular police rules (since they had no probable cause to have an attendant call me out of my seat and actually hail me to the atrium to harass me)

Campus Police are constantly trying to kill social life at the U of C.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;196737]If you read his post literally, I hope you were not an English major.[/QUOTE]

And if you ā€œinerpretedā€ my post literally, I hope you are/were not an English or math major.

Maybe I should have put a smile or something on it, but I assumed everyone would understand.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;196751]THANK YOU! It saddens me that there are actually people on here who took my comment literally.[/QUOTE]

I sort of doubt anyone took that remark literally. I found it humorous and could not resist a little comeback. Next time, Iā€™ll throw a little smiley out there so you wonā€™t misunderstand.

well someone in the AD donated a plain shirt to him. He was just all wrong thoughā€¦

Get this.

He starts off with a carolina sweatshirt. and gets booed.
then takes that off and has carolina logo fraternity letters. This prompts one student to tape one of the 3 signs on his chest.
So he takes that off and still is wearing LSU colorsā€¦

finally someone from the AD stopped the madnessā€¦

Then some jackass in a black shirt behind us was talking shiite. He was telling everyone to ā€˜chill manā€™ and that he could probably ā€˜whooooopā€™ all of us. We def. ignored him. But it was annoying. He probably told his friends he was a true fan, and that all the immature fans were making stupid remarksā€¦

I was there. Always am. Have been since 1971. Too bad there arenā€™t more alums and fans like me, hunh?

I was there. Always am. Have been since 1971. Too bad there aren't more alums and fans like me, hunh?

Wow man! Thats impressive! Espescially when you consider the fact that we didnā€™t have much to be proud of basketball-wise before '76.
:thumbsup:

[QUOTE=49or bust;196821]Wow man! Thats impressive! Espescially when you consider the fact that we didnā€™t have much to be proud of basketball-wise before '76.
:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, in a really cool way, I got to witness the rise of the program to those wonderful years of 76 & 77. The feeling I got the first time we got votes in the AP poll was sublime. The games in a packed, rocking Mine Shaft during a 50+ home win streak were something to behold. So I must respectfully disagree, I have MUCH to be proud of NINER basketball-wise before 76. I wish all NINER faithful could have experienced the great trip Iā€™ve taken in NINER history. Itā€™s been AWESOME!!

bust, Over40 would tell you there were a couple of pretty good squads before the 24-6 NIT team in 1975-76.

[B]1973-74: 22-4 overall, 14-0 home, 5-4 road, 3-0 neutral
1974-75: 23-3 overall, 15-0 home, 4-2 road, 4-1 neutral[/B]

As UNCCā€™s first Division I head coach, Bill Foster was 63-10 (.863) at home, and won his last 31 home contests.

And I can tell you, Halton Arena NEVER has rocked the way a hot and steamy Mine Shaft could on a cold winter night.

And I can tell you, Halton Arena NEVER has rocked the way a hot and steamy Mine Shaft could on a cold winter night.

I canā€™t believe they used to hold D-1 basketball games in that little gym. It must have been packed all the time.

maybe for smaller games, we should hold our games in belk gym. You knowā€¦ to look packedā€¦

j/k

[QUOTE=HP49er;196833]bust, Over40 would tell you there were a couple of pretty good squads before the 24-6 NIT team in 1975-76.

[B]1973-74: 22-4 overall, 14-0 home, 5-4 road, 3-0 neutral
1974-75: 23-3 overall, 15-0 home, 4-2 road, 4-1 neutral[/B]

As UNCCā€™s first Division I head coach, Bill Foster was 63-10 (.863) at home, and won his last 31 home contests.
[/quote]

Nothing left for me to say, except many from that era thought the '74-'75 team may have been the best team we ever had. The NCAA only took a few at-large teams back then, no one had ever heard of us, there was no such thing as rpi, and there were lots of strong Independents back thenā€¦ like most of the Old CUSA teams, the current and former Big East teams, South Carolina, Fla State, Va Tech, and many othersā€¦

Alsoā€¦ noticeā€¦ Most of our games were at HOME.