Andy Katz: A Mistake to Sleep on Charlotte

[URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4311023&name=katz_andy][U][B]From Andy Katz’s Blog(7-7-09)[/B][/U][/URL]

[QUOTE]Xavier will need all the help it can get in an Atlantic 10 that has become even more competitive. Dayton is the clear favorite, and Richmond is a real threat to finish in the top three of the standings. And sleeping on teams such as [COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Charlotte [/B][/COLOR]and UMass, let alone traditional A-10 powers Temple and Saint Joseph’s, would be a mistake.[/QUOTE]

I’ll have a pint of the green kool-aid barkeep

YEAH! Don’t sleep on dem NINERS!!!. They COULD beat you!:lmao:

Isn’t that the equivalent of being told “your kid might be mentally slow, then again, maybe not. We just don’t have a clue either way”? :biggrin:

Or he is saying “I really like the Niners this year, but I am not going out on a limb and pick them for anything because they will surely make me look bad.”. I can’t blame him.

or he is saying that “the Niners were crap last year and that it would be a ridiculous and amazing turnaround if they were good this year. but there’s a chance they might be good.”

“Hey the women’s team is bad ass!!!”

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;418071]“Hey the women’s team is bad ass!!!”[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the Volleyball team I will agree with you wholeheartedly no matter what their record is! :tongue:

When I read the thread title, I assumed that Andy Katz admitted to a disasterous sexual encounter with a woman named Charlotte.

I’d say he’s putting himself out on a limb to suggest that we’re a team that should be watched. Especially after last season.

Yeah it felt like a back-handed compliment. But it’s ink. I’ll take it.

She’s got a great body but an ugly face. Nothing 12 beers won’t take care of.

OR- she’s a little heavy but is pretty and is a friggin ball- take a chance.

Are you guys now realizing how I got laid so much back in the day???

Back handed indeed. Of all the teams that don’t have a chance, Charlotte has one of the best ones.

4 straight losses to Richmond, and they are predicted to actually be good this year. Rut-roh. If we don’t at least split with the arachnids this season I might become a spider serial killer.

4 straight losses to Richmond, and [B]they are predicted to actually be good this year[/B]. Rut-roh. If we don't at least split with the arachnids this season I might become a spider serial killer.

I think that might actually be in our favor. We don’t seem to do so hot against the weaker teams. Not in my experience as a Niner fan anyways.

[QUOTE=X-49er;418107]4 straight losses to Richmond, and they are predicted to actually be good this year. Rut-roh. If we don’t at least split with the arachnids this season I might become a spider serial killer.

[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I’ve yet to witness a Niner victory in the Robins Center. It’s getting pretty rediculous.

Ugh, I've yet to witness a Niner victory in the Robins Center. It's getting pretty rediculous.

I bet you see one this year----mark it down!..:biggrin:ahhh, this kool-aid is quite refreshing!

Ugh, I've yet to witness a Niner victory in the Robins Center. It's getting pretty rediculous.

I’ve been once. I doubt I’ll ever go back.

If it weren’t for the generosity of the Gordon family, that trip would’ve been a lot worse.

[QUOTE=919R;418168]I bet you see one this year----mark it down!..:biggrin:ahhh, this kool-aid is quite refreshing![/QUOTE]

Beating them there, this year, with what they have back?

Highly unlikely. That goes against everything about our program right now. We have too many new faces, they play a style that confounds us on D and they light us up from outside, and there’s a stigma attached to playing them now. Plus they get Geriot back.

I’d love to see it happen. I’d also love to see us beat Duke, Tenn, Louisville & Ga Tech.

I think we all need to sleep on Charlotte…every time we don’t they sleep on us. I’ll sleep on us and hopefully something will wake me up this time…

[QUOTE=ninerball49;418230]I think we all need to sleep on Charlotte…every time we don’t they sleep on us. I’ll sleep on us and hopefully something will wake me up this time…[/QUOTE]

I can understand why someone would have this line of reasoning, but I find it easier to just wait and see. I think there are a lot of unrealistic expectations built for our program and when we fail to meet them our fanbase that bought into it becomes disillusioned.

I also find that there are a ton of disillusioned fans that expect failure. I never know what we’re going to produce, but I know it has been a long time since we were relevant in college basketball and I hope we buck that trend sooner rather than later.

You read it here 1st.
Niners='10 Champs!