An'Juan Wilderness - 2006

Yes, that is the kid’s name. He is from Dunwoody (GA), Dunwood HS. He is a 6’6 SF/SG. He is ranked as the #50 in the 2006 class according to Rivals.com.

Assistants from Alabama, Charlotte, Georgia and Georgia Tech were courtside for An’Juan Wilderness noon performance in the Adidas Showtime National Championship (Suwanee Academy in Atlanta (Ga.) ) on Thursday to watch him play. He is favoring: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky and Texas, but we are in there recruiting him as of right now.

Three offers for 2006 Wilderness

The No. 78 ranked player in the class of 2006 An’Juan Wilderness is wide open in his recruitment and numerous high majors are trying to get in on the 6-foot-6, 210-pound small forward from Dunwoody (Ga.) High School. Wilderness already has three offers from three different power conferences.

Wilderness is as athletic as they come.
“Right now I don’t have a list,” said Wilderness. “I’m wide open. I do have offers from Ohio St, Ark and Texas, and Louisville is talking about it.”

Plenty of schools that have yet to offer were in the Atlanta area to watch the athletic Wilderness workout this fall. According to Wilderness, not only did they see his athleticism on the boards and in the open court, they also saw an improved jumper.

“Coaches from Louisville, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida and Texas A&M came to the school to see me play,” he said. “I have improved my shot a lot. I just need to keep working on everything and continue to get better.”

Wilderness, who averaged 23 points and 12 rebounds per game last season for one of the better teams in the state of Georgia, is considering the strength of the academics of each school as much as the strength of the basketball program.

“I will be looking for a school with good academics in case I don’t make it in basketball,” he said. “I’d like to go somewhere I can come in and play early.”

Wilderness runs with the storied Atlanta Celtics AAU program in the summer.

12/02/04

Arkansas, Ohio State, Louisville, Clemson, and Texas are a few schools that hav offered. We have not offered as of yet.

Wilderness - Rivals update from 12/2/04

Aside from his offers from Ohio St., Texas, Clemson, Arkansas and Louisville, Wilderness is also being recruited by Florida State and Florida.

But Arkansas right now has the lead.

Wilderness should be on hand for Basketball Madness event - 10/20/05. His listed favorites on Rivals.com are Florida and Texas but the Niners are definitely in contention.

where does it say we have interest in him? because i’m not seeing anything on rivals.com. if someone could relay the information i would appreciate that very much. I know he coming here tonight but i’d like to know for a fact that we are high up on his list if we are “in contention” with florida and texas

Not sure why he would be here tonight if he wasn’t interested…I know I wouldn’t.

i am just saying i want to see it on paper before i believe it. you know? i’d rather see our name on his list of teams than just hearing about it.

[i]Originally posted by the daxified one[/i]@Oct 20 2005, 10:58 AM [b] i am just saying i want to see it on paper before i believe it. you know? i'd rather see our name on his list of teams than just hearing about it. [/b]
You can believe what you want BUT according to what I'm hearing...Wilderness has moved Charlotte to the top of his list. You can take that to THE BANK (RBC Centura, of course). :D Rivals is wrong. They need to check in with the man, himself.
[b]You can believe what you want BUT according to what I'm hearing...Wilderness has moved Charlotte to the top of his list. You can take that to THE BANK (RBC Centura, of course). Rivals is wrong. They need to check in with the man, himself[/b]

This is why Lefty is one of my favorites on the board!!! Thanks Lefty :thumbsup:

Awesome news!!!

I can never keep trac of the ships… If we bag Wilderness, will there be room for, say, Toombs?

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Oct 20 2005, 11:58 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Oct 20 2005, 11:58 AM)

That’s great news if we can lock him down. I know you can’t walk away from big time talent, but I am getting concerned about our lack of big men in this class. State pounded the ball inside on us last year and in order to make noise in the dance, you’ve gotta have big guys inside who can stop other big guys guys like Brackman, Loughton and Williams. After this year we will have lost big bodies like Nance, Withers and 6-10 Iti. And so far, we have not replaced any of those spots and it sounds like we will be down to one Schollie after tonight. I’d hate to see a repeat next year of the '02-03 season where we had lots of talent, but no big men.

That’s what I’m thinking too, Max.

Hopefully, having all the other pieces in tact early will attract the missing piece, a big man.

Not sure if this is right, but…

Leemire Goldwire
Carlos Williams
Sean Phaler
Jerell Lewis
Cameron Tatum
Charles Dewurst
Ian Andersen
Wilderness, I hope.
Kevin Harmon
Michael Beasley

yeah but that leaves us 2 or 3 open scholarships that we could invest into a really good center for the team.

But how often does a really good center come along? Just give me a banger.

thats why we’ve been going through JuCo Junction to get our big men.

Fantastic "We want Wilderness chant."
He clearly heard it. Everyone clearly heard it. He was obviously very flattered.

[i]Originally posted by anipalcraig[/i]@Oct 20 2005, 02:03 PM [b] That's what I'm thinking too, Max.

Hopefully, having all the other pieces in tact early will attract the missing piece, a big man.

Not sure if this is right, but…

Leemire Goldwire
Carlos Williams
Sean Phaler
Jerell Lewis
Cameron Tatum
Charles Dewurst
Ian Andersen
Wilderness, I hope.
Kevin Harmon
Michael Beasley [/b]

Maybe its because I’m following this more closely than ever (thank you NNN) but is it just me or is this team shaping up to be the scariest team in ages even without big men?

How could a guy not commit after a chant like that… major thanks goes out to our students. Especially the superfans!!

That means Jason and all the other guys that sat with him!