Anthony Salter - 2010 JUCO PG

We are in big trouble if he doesn’t choose us. He will get plenty of time here, starting is irrelevant (and who knows, he may start–never say never).

It doesn’t seem like we have many other visits looming. We need another guard desperately…if not him, I’ll get worried.

we desperately need another guard that can contribute immediately

would be a solid signee for us, and a bad miss if we can’t land him. I’m curious to see what our other options are if we don’t land Salter.

i know, but he could start for iowa. however, he has to take into consideration that iowa is rebulding and whether he wants to be a part of that.[/quote]
Sorry I completely misread your post and thought you said here and not there :o

obviously the staff wants to add another PG. And I hope another shooter. Briscoe will be a weapon but we need a PG who can make things happen.

visiting Iowa this weekend. They have not offered, yet.

[quote=“moss2k, post:26, topic:23192”]visiting Iowa this weekend. They have not offered, yet.[/quote]if they invited him for official visit they are offering

I was hoping he would commit to us after the visit. We should find something out soon about him.

Seems like most guys know they want to commit immediately after visitng. Hopefully Salter is just exploring all options and will sit down after the visits and decide.

I hope you are right Mack, however, I do not have a good feeling about Salter.

I think he is Iowa bound. With the names of the schools recruiting him I do not believe he wants to come here for 2 years with the good chance that he is a back up to Briscoe his entire career.

I hope you are right Mack, however, I do not have a good feeling about Salter.[/quote]
I agree, I would be surprised if he ended up here.

We are not going to have any depth next year in the backcourt.

We all know a school like Iowa will recruit over him. With him and Briscoe, we’ll be set at PG. A shooter for next year would be ideal. After that, the need will be for bigs.

Regarding Briscoe, I’m hearing he may be more of a change of pace guy and is small obviously. Hopefully he can prove he is the total package at the Point.

If Salter is as good as indicated based on the teams who are after him, he can start and/or play a ton of minutes for 2 years.

What happened to Parks?

Remember when we crowned Bowden the SG for the next 4 years over Green?

How did that work out again? ;D

[quote=“eason49, post:36, topic:23192”]Remember when we crowned Bowden the SG for the next 4 years over Green?

How did that work out again? ;D[/quote]

Not me. The only given starters for me, at the start of the season, were Spears and Harris.

There was some chatter about him not being on the team next year, I don’t know how legit that was. He had DII offers, he might get a scholarship somewhere and play…or he might be back here next year, who knows.

Salter would have a great chance to get plenty of PT next year if he comes.

Even if Salter comes here and doesn’t start, he will get “starters” minutes. with 3 guards, we have a plethora of minutes to fill.

We all know a school like Iowa will recruit over him. With him and Briscoe, we’ll be set at PG. A shooter for next year would be ideal. After that, the need will be for bigs.[/quote]

All schools recruit over players. We’d recruit over him too if we had a shot with a good player. A school would be foolish to not recruit over their players because that would mean they’re not trying to get better.