Anthony Salter - 2010 JUCO PG

Absolutely true. First of all, only Derrio has minutes in our uniform under his belt, and we have a new coach. No idea who is gonna “start”. But with only 3 guards, it won’t matter. They’ll all be playing at least 20-25 minutes per game. They’ll have to.

If Salter is as good as indicated based on the teams who are after him, he can start and/or play a ton of minutes for 2 years.[/quote]

IOWA (sucks) Illinois (not good) and Auburn (not good) so I hope he is much better than the schools that are recruiting him. I really hope we land Salters. However Duece was a very tough cover for him in pickup when he came to visit. He may not want to compete against a kid as talented as Briscoe for the next two years. He certainly wont at IOWA.

I believe Parks is just as good as both of them.

this made me laugh

If Salter is as good as indicated based on the teams who are after him, he can start and/or play a ton of minutes for 2 years.[/quote]

IOWA (sucks) Illinois (not good) and Auburn (not good) so I hope he is much better than the schools that are recruiting him. I really hope we land Salters. However Duece was a very tough cover for him in pickup when he came to visit. He may not want to compete against a kid as talented as Briscoe for the next two years. He certainly wont at IOWA.[/quote]
these kinda posts are mind boggling…do you have any idea how impressive Iowa’s facilities are? what their budget is? how much they just paid their new coach?

Iowa just signed McCaffery to a 6 yr $6 million deal, this is a big time program though they struggled last yr.

I want this kid here bad, but don’t downplay how impressed he will be there when he visits Iowa. Not to mention the chance to play at Big 10 arenas over LaSalle and St Bonnies.

I love the selective comparisons Metro. Grind that axe harder. Cmon, you can do it.

He’d also be playing against Xavier, Temple, Dayton, Tennessee (in Charlotte’s NBA arena), the Charleston field (Gtown, NCSU, Arkansas, etc), Rick Majerus’ loaded SLU team, etc.

I don’t mind the comparisons against Iowa. We are what we are. But quit the bullshit best case them versus worst case us scenarios in your desperation to drive this kid away.

Wow, you guys take things to such extremes. I think everyone needs to smoke a bowl. I would love to have Salter. I know Deuce is great but we need another guard bad.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:46, topic:23192”]I love the selective comparisons Metro. Grind that axe harder. Cmon, you can do it.

He’d also be playing against Xavier, Temple, Dayton, Tennessee (in Charlotte’s NBA arena), the Charleston field (Gtown, NCSU, Arkansas, etc), Rick Majerus’ loaded SLU team, etc.

I don’t mind the comparisons against Iowa. We are what we are. But quit the bullshit best case them versus worst case us scenarios in your desperation to drive this kid away.[/quote]what?

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:46, topic:23192”]I love the selective comparisons Metro. Grind that axe harder. Cmon, you can do it.

I don’t mind the comparisons against Iowa. We are what we are. But quit the bullshit best case them versus worst case us scenarios in your desperation to drive this kid away.[/quote]I thought they were valid. While he definitely chose two of the worst arena’s in the A10, the A10’s best arenas are on par with what many mediocre BCS level programs have. I bet the worst arena in the Big 10 is better than the best in the A10.

[quote=“Niner National, post:49, topic:23192”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:46, topic:23192”]I love the selective comparisons Metro. Grind that axe harder. Cmon, you can do it.

I don’t mind the comparisons against Iowa. We are what we are. But quit the bullshit best case them versus worst case us scenarios in your desperation to drive this kid away.[/quote]I thought they were valid. While he definitely chose two of the worst arena’s in the A10, the A10’s best arenas are on par with what many mediocre BCS level programs have. I bet the worst arena in the Big 10 is better than the best in the A10.[/quote]

Cintas is pretty freakin nice.

I actually think Chaifetz looks better than Cintas, but your point remains valid.

Also, after looking into it. Northwestern has a terrible arena on par with the Reilly Center at St Bonnie (although bigger). The only other I’d say isn’t above all A10 venues is Minnesota’s. It’s very nice, on par with UD, XU, and SLU, but larger. The rest are much bigger with better amenities.

is this thread really going down the road that the A10 top half is = to Big 10 facilities. :blank: :blank:

I would post pics of other Big 10 arenas, but NA-C would just delete them

point being…its gonna be hard to land a kid who visits here, then goes to see IOWA, hopefully we can get him

[quote=“metro, post:52, topic:23192”]is this thread really going down the road that the A10 top half is = to Big 10 facilities. :blank: :blank:

I would post pics of other Big 10 arenas, but NA-C would just delete them

point being…its gonna be hard to land a kid who visits here, then goes to see IOWA, hopefully we can get him[/quote]

No, but I do think there are some really nice A-10 facilities. Not a lot, but there are some.

I personally think Halton is a fabulous arena for what we have going on. Maybe it’s not a BCS arena but our facilities are nice in comparison to a lot of places. Look at Fordham’s courts.

fixed

i think it is a bcs level arena, nicer than a lot of bcs level arenas in fact. maybe not in size but in terms of quality and facilities it is right up there with most.

Carver Hawkeye Arena

Halton (I think this was taken during the UMASS A10 tourney game this year).

i cant tell which argument you are trying to make with this photo. they look pretty similar to me, except for size.

I would agree. I mean if we want to pull outside sources lets take a look at this figure:

Iowa 4-14 10-22

Charlotte 9-7 19-12

I’m just saying, me personally, when I play sports I want to be on the winning team, not the team with a bigger arena.

I wish Halton didn’t have those two white areas separating the seats on the student side. Would look much better if it was all seats