Antwon Coleman - 2005 (6'7" 285 Center)

Rivals.com reports Coleman will visit for MM on 10/15. JUCO originally from Great Falls, SC. Being recruited by Indiana, Tenn, USC, Auburn, Iowa, UAB. 3rd ranked JUCO center.

Coleman profile - Rivals.com

Sounds like, per the article, that his coach is really trying to push him to go to Indiana, but he grew up 30 mins from Charlotte and might wanna come back to either Charlotte or Columbia to play ball. We definitely need a big body, we’ve missed on too many already, and being the 3rd ranked JC center, he sounds like immediate help. Lets make him feel welcome on Friday!

Are there any other recruits coming to Midnight Madness?

6-7 285…That a big boy. Panthers could use him on the OL.

[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Oct 11 2004, 12:02 PM [b] Sounds like, per the article, that his coach is really trying to push him to go to Indiana, but he grew up 30 mins from Charlotte and might wanna come back to either Charlotte or Columbia to play ball. We definitely need a big body, we've missed on too many already, and being the 3rd ranked JC center, he sounds like immediate help. Lets make him feel welcome on Friday! [/b]
I think they meant to say he grew up 30 minutes from Columbia in Great Falls. Two good signs for us: he mentioned wanting to play closer to home and he's coming to midnight madness.

Not sure who else might be visiting this weekend. I believe Gonzalez and Fortes have already visited.

His teammate Jerrell Jameson will also be visiting apparently.

Whats the chances of Gang Green doing some chants for these guys to make them feel at home? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 07:10 PM [b] Whats the chances of Gang Green doing some chants for these guys to make them feel at home? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? [/b]
Some WELCOME HOME ANTWON/BIG FELLA posters and chants would be good. His dad lives in Charlotte, his cousin played at JC Smith and he referred to Charlotte as his home.

http://charlotte.rivals.com: Antwon Coleman profile

Auburn, Indiana, Tennessee, Iowa, Purdue, USC, UAB all interested. Offers from several.

So how’d it go?

His teammate committed (Jerrell Jameson).

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Oct 16 2004, 04:12 PM [b] His teammate committed (Jerrell Jameson). [/b]
Any news on Coleman? Guess if he didn't commit with his teamate it probably didn't go as well as we had hoped. But any chances of him still committing? We're still without a PF/C commitment for 05.

There’s a new article on Niner Report about Coleman - it’s members only though. Looks like we’re in the lead. Coach really likes us, that’s a plus. Coach even said Coleman might decide in the next week.

Indiana just signed a 6’11" Australian. I don’t think he’ll get minutes at those Big Ten schools.

Indiana just signed a 6’11" Australian. I don’t think he’ll get minutes at those Big Ten schools. We may have a bunch of minutes available next year.

According to Hoop Scoop, Coleman is the #22nd ranked juco in the country.

That’s overall right, not just per position? That’s impressive, thanks blh.

Overall he is ranked #22. They don’t list it by position.

Coleman could announce decision very soon.

:smiley: :smiley:
It’s official per Bob Gibbons

Link