Any player reactions?

Thats a damn nice background picture he has. Anyone know where I can get that picture?[/quote]

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_background_images/62393867/kj_and_duke.jpg

[quote=ā€œLeftyNiner, post:56, topic:22764ā€]Spears says things going to be all good for the team. Good meeting.[/quote]Good news.

[quote=ā€œLutz4Life, post:59, topic:22764ā€]In the comments on Derrios Facebook he said it went good.

I Think everything will be ok.[/quote]Good news again.

Utter tweets:

ā€œAll current Charlotte 49ers players look like they will return next seasonā€

AWESOME!!
Wonder if the players actually said that to him or if he is guessing about that.

[quote=ā€œallie49er, post:64, topic:22764ā€]AWESOME!!
Wonder if the players actually said that to him or if he is guessing about that.[/quote]

Iā€™m guessing he has talked to them in the recent days.

Hopefully this includes Briscoe.

NO players transferring? Looks like positive changes have already started!

[quote=ā€œCMack124, post:63, topic:22764ā€]Utter tweets:

ā€œAll current Charlotte 49ers players look like they will return next seasonā€[/quote]
That would be a welcome change.

Itā€™s great to hear that Major has a good foundation of players to work with. Now all he has to do is get some recruits and get the team in shape.

http://www.wfae.org/wfae/1_87_316.cfm?action=display&id=6024

Major met with players for the first time Sunday night. He told them they are starting off with a clean slate. Sophomore guard Derrio Green said that meeting went well.

ā€œHe just came in, just told us what weā€™re going do this year, how hard weā€™re going to work, stuff like that. I was really impressed by him,ā€ said Green.

Green said he still misses Coach Lutz, but itā€™s time to move on.

Haha, yes. Something we agree on.

Where is the talk about Briscoe maybe transferring coming from? I canā€™t find a thread on it.

Briscoe isnā€™t transferring. Loves new coaching staff.

I started a thread during the coaching search after sokool (someone who seems to be very close to Briscoe) posted in one of the recruiting threads that Briscoe was looking at his options.

It sounded like his decision would be tied to whether or not Perron was retained.

And of course TheProvider just chimed in, so I think it is a pretty safe bet that he will be here next year.

awesome.
Phil Jones FB status is a little upsetting though. He said something about he has an important decision to make, then a friend of his congratulated him on graduating??

[quote=ā€œallie49er, post:74, topic:22764ā€]awesome.
Phil Jones FB status is a little upsetting though. He said something about he has an important decision to make, then a friend of his congratulated him on graduating??[/quote]

haha, I take it you had the last reply to his posting! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, that was me :slight_smile:
Doesnā€™t hurt to give a little love every now and then

I use Twitter and facebook quite a bit to track guys and sports in general. Spears is pretty open about this feelings and things heā€™s doing. Difficult to interpret sometimes. He was not in favor of new coach when immediately announced but now says he and the team is good to go. For some reason, he refers to himself as the CEO.

Doesnā€™t really make a damn what Spears thinks. He can either stay or quit- heā€™s one and done here or nowhere, unless of course he goes D2.

Doesnā€™t really make a damn what Spears thinks. He can either stay or quit- heā€™s one and done here or nowhere, unless of course he goes D2.[/quote]It does makes a difference what all players think. If we want them to be sucessful, they need to be a team working together as one for our new coach. From what I have read and heard from them, including Shamari they are doing just that. Naturally losing a coach they signed under was a devastating loss and it takes time to adjust, and for some the process is longer than others. Players have a right to express their feelings.They are adjusting well and we should not interfere during the process of adjustment by speculating and making comments about players and their feelings. Coach Major is in control!

I donā€™t see Spears liking the idea of a defense-first team.