ANYONE WHO WILL BE ON CAMPUS - PLEASE READ!

Outside of the bookstore, there is a guy selling Observer subscriptions. On his little table, he has free gifts that he is giving away with each subscription. He has Panthers hats, Nascar hats, handheld fans, little odds and ends, and… UNC CHAPEL FRIGGIN HILL [B]TAR HEELS HATS! [/B]

I stopped and gave him serious **** for having it out. Dude is from NY and just has no clue as to how wrong this is. He said the hats already today got him several subscriptions. He told me three girls stopped by and said “ohh let’s get school hats!” They think we are the Tar Heels!

The guy took all the hats down because he said he had no idea that it could be hurting him having them on the table. But please, if you are on campus, stop by and give him serious **** if he has put them back out.

He seemed like a pretty nice guy, he just had no clue that this was such a blasphemous thing to do. Im not saying cuss him out and throw green paint on him (altho I wouldnt stop you if you did), just go by and reinforce what I told him.

Oh and Phil Dubois… GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR DAMN ASS!! We have students at OUR SCHOOL who THINK WE ARE THE TAR HEELS!!! CHANGE OUR SCHOOL’S NAME NOW!!!:cuss: :ticked: :fastgun:

i saw this guy about a half hour ago when i was in the bookstore, dont remember seeing the tar heel hats though

Holy s@#%$ … That’s UNBELIEVABLE. I may drive to campus after work just to go down there.

It’s for Observer subscriptions??? Does this dude work FOR the Observer???

:ticked:

i saw this guy about a half hour ago when i was in the bookstore, dont remember seeing the tar heel hats though

Good, then he hasnt put them back out.

It's for Observer subscriptions???? Does this dude work FOR the Observer???

:ticked:

No not for the O specifically, he sells subscriptions for newspapers all over the southeast.

I saw that too and could not believe it, but I was already so pissed about the cost of my books that I just walked right by.

I’m glad to hear it’s somebody who didn’t know what he was doing.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;254138]Holy s@#%$ … That’s UNBELIEVABLE. I may drive to campus after work just to go down there.

It’s for Observer subscriptions??? Does this dude work FOR the Observer???

:ticked:[/QUOTE]

Any excuse to drive around campus and to check out the new scenery.

This is ridiculous.

I can’t believe we let this happen on our campus.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;254142]Any excuse to drive around campus and to check out the new scenery.[/QUOTE]

WINNAR! :naughty:

nice work Chi.
glad someone put a boot in this guy’s ass.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;254142]Any excuse to drive around campus and to check out the new scenery.[/QUOTE]
DOBA. I’m going to be out there tomorrow to record some radio spots for Yahoo… I am eager to see what kind of talent the university is bringing in.

I refuse to let this thread get hijacked… even if we are talking about hot freshman girls in tiny skirts lol. This topic is too important. So to get back on track - go by the bookstore and give this guy some crap! This is OUR campus! Protect it from ACC infidels!!! :fastgun:

Any excuse to drive around campus and to check out the new scenery.
I was out there Saturday afternoon and I can vouch that the scenery is very nice. Just a damn shame that I've reached the point where now I think "man, I could be her father." I feel creepy at that point and the excitement wanes. Well, [I]some[/I] of it anyway. :smile:

Edit: Sorry Chi, I had already posted before seeing your last post. Carry on…

I bet that evil Mike P is behind this.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;254154]I refuse to let this thread get hijacked… even if we are talking about hot freshman girls in tiny skirts lol. This topic is too important. So to get back on track - go by the bookstore and give this guy some crap! This is OUR campus! Protect it from ACC infidels!!! :fastgun:[/QUOTE]

Hey, can one of you guys going that way this afternoon get me one of those hats? You can quickly slip it into your backpack to hide it, then we can make the handoff sometime tomorrow… I’m thinking at the circle over behind Fretwell… I can just stick my hand out the window, grab it and keep on going…

one of you guys need to go to the main campus office and notify the proper authorities. Then again, Dubois employees probably signed off on his permit to do this.

Nice work Chisox. Did the hats come from the O by any chance? Or did this guy actually think he was on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus? Or did someone from our school give them to him? How sad would that be?

[B]I refuse to let this thread get hijacked... even if we are talking about hot freshman girls in tiny skirts lol[/B]. This topic is too important. So to get back on track - go by the bookstore and give this guy some crap! This is OUR campus! Protect it from ACC infidels!!! :fastgun:

Use this thread. http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?p=254168

[QUOTE=jcl49er;254155]I was out there Saturday afternoon and I can vouch that the scenery is very nice. Just a damn shame that I’ve reached the point where now I think “man, I could be her father.” I feel creepy at that point and the excitement wanes. Well, [I]some[/I] of it anyway. :smile:

Edit: Sorry Chi, I had already posted before seeing your last post. Carry on…[/QUOTE]

Just think JCL: Some of those chicks are literally half our age.

dammitalltohell. :unhappy:

I’m sure that [I]The Chapel Hill News[/I] or [I]The News & Observer[/I] has a guy on Carolina’s campus passing out Charlotte 49ers hats. If you believe that, I have some nice ocean-front property in Arizona that I need to sell.