AP Poll Predictions

We were 30 in last poll.

Based on games played this week, MU drops out, Texas A and M or us take that spot.

GW, UCLA, A and M, and Miami were ahead of us, but some of those teams
lost both games last week, and A and M, and us split our games.

We should be 25 or 26.

We stay the same with a win and a loss…28-30

Unfortunately, I agree with JKniner. I don’t think there will be much movement. There have to be a several voters to rank the 49ers around 15-20 in order to get enough votes to be ranked. We’re getting a few votes just because of the overall record and they need to fill out their ballot.

25 - Marquette, 145
26 - George Washington, 54
27 - UCLA, 49
28 - Texas A&M, 37
29 - Miami, 30
30 - Charlotte, 29

Not happening. I think we need to win the next two, while maybe getting a little help. But considering our history with the rankings, it won’t surprise me if we have to win the next two and then knock off Cincy to get in.

And since we always seem to choke when we’re on the cusp of being ranked, I’d rather not even pay much attention to the polls right now and just win games.

i think we get the nod of 25 just b/c the way other things panned out, along with the fact that texas AM schedule, OOC, he terrible LAST place in kenpom. maryland could catch us from behind (ACC) and you never know what people will vote villanova. history tells me we get voted 26th, lay an egg against tcu or ecu. either way if we go 2-0 next week we are ranked.

Guys you are being too negative, why are you not being optimistic? :slight_smile:

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 11:19 AM [b] Guys you are being too negative, why are you not being optimistic? :) [/b]
Maybe because many of the voters are graduates of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Journalism. B)
[i]Originally posted by HP49er+Jan 23 2005, 12:25 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (HP49er @ Jan 23 2005, 12:25 PM)

No way we are ranked after this week. We would have had to win both. We’ll probably be right where we were last week.

No way to crack the top 25. Marquette will probably be the only team falling out and even if Gonzaga or GT fall, we probably won’t get past MD, ND and UT unless NC State does us a favor with MD. We should pass GW, FLA, SI, and WV.

All of the ugly losses in the top 25 probably occured too high in the rankings to drop anyone out.

#20 Gonzaga and #15 Georgia Tech are wild cards. Gonzaga’s loss to SF was bad but was followed with a win. GT’s bad loss to Va Tech on the heels (no pun intended) of losses to UNC and NC State will hurt but they already dropped from 8 to 15 on the earlier losses. I don’t think an 11-5 record with a three game losing streak belongs in the Top 25 but they will get the benefit of the doubt and their ACC pedigree.

At #17, Pitt has had several ugly losses, with barely D-1 St. John’s being the latest, but after their win at UConn, they will not be hurt too bad.

Everyone saw our humiliation on ESPN2 but will not know or will quickly forget that we were without Mitch. In my eyes, losing to #18 Cincy on their court following their loss to Loserville pales in comparison to KS’ loss to Villanova, Pitt’s loss to St. Johns, GT’s loss to Va Tech, Gonzaga’s loss to SF and Wake’s loss to Fla. St… Unfortunately, nobody saw our win over Marquette outside of Charlotte and Milwaukee thanks to Sports Center and Game Day. Outside of getting beaten, Marquette hasn’t done us any favors either, as they were headed out anyway.

We’ll be 28 or 29.

probably won’t crack the poll this week. maybe next week if we win our games.

Marquette and GT drop out, we move up to 27

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 11:25 AM [b] Maybe because many of the voters are graduates of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Journalism. B) [/b]
That pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. Let's face it. Grads of unc-chapel school of journalism are not exactly known for their honesty & integrity.

My sister graduated from unc-chapel hill with a degree in the Radio/TV/etc productions field & she herself admitted the professors at chapel hill in these types of fields put more emphasis on spreading propaganda than actually being productive. She is NOT even a fan of chapel hill athletics because of this.

Sadly, many of their graduates have no clue that they have been brainwashed.

We are too big of a threat to the tarholes.

Our fist chance to be ranked is 2/7/05, if we take care of business between now and then.

Mark it down.

no way are we in the top 25 this week, we get no “respect nationally” last year we beat three top ten teams and still got the “9” seed in the tournament, we have to win both games next week and get help to crack the top 25, which i hope we do!!! i have a $10 bet with a friend that we would be in the top 25 for at least one week throughout the year.

p.s Somebody got shot on mallard creek at one of the frat houses the other night??

My AP Poll prediction:

As soon as we make the top 25 we will subsequently lose the next game and drop out.

My 2nd prediction. We will reenter the AP and finish the season at:

#17!!!

Somebody HAS to take Marquette’s place in the top 25 next week. Maryland’s got the inside track and if they beat State today I would consider them a lock, but if they lose it will be interesting to see what happens. No one actually earned it, but we are the ones in the 26-30 group who actually beat a ranked team. And our loss was also to a ranked team. Our RPI jumped by leaps and bounds as did our SOS. Nova had a heck of a week(two points away from taking out half of the unbeatens left in the country), they will definitely get a lot of votes, also ND won their only game, so they might jump as well.

I say we end up 27th this week, go 2-0 next week and get some help to break into the top 25 and we don’t fall out the rest of the year based on the big MO we will get from beating Cinci. But then again, we are Charlotte, sometimes it seems like we’d prefer to stay out of the top 25.

[i]Originally posted by ninermike[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 03:01 PM [b] My AP Poll prediction:

As soon as we make the top 25 we will subsequently lose the next game and drop out.

My 2nd prediction. We will reenter the AP and finish the season at:

#17!!! [/b]

That is one BOLD coffee you be drinkin. Pass it around! :slight_smile:

All the teams ahead of us in votes, and some in the top 25, lost games to teams they souldn’t have. We are the best team, recieving votes, this week. We won one against a ranked team, and lost a game to a ranked team…both of which, if you go by"polls" we should have lost, therefor we should only go up… Ranked? ehhhh…but definetly 26th to 28th. We sweep next week, and some other things go our way…we’ll be in.

stars aligning as maryland lost tonight