App smack

You do realize Charlotte (last place in CUSA) beat Georgia State (4th place in Sun Belt)? The Sun Belt’s 1st place team just got thrashed by CUSA’s 3rd place team.

App had a great year and you can rip on Charlotte for being a start up but you should look at the results on the field. I’m pretty sure the Sun Belt’s only win against CUSA was App against ODU.

Football teams can get much better as the season goes on. Ga State would have been heavily favored if you played later in the season. Crazy stuff happens at the beginning of the season. Ga state beat Georgia Southern and Ball State which are both much more impressive than a win against you guys. No offense, but let’s be real, CUSA has no room to chest beat over the Sun Belt in football. The forthcoming TV money for each conference will confirm this.

You do realize Charlotte (last place in CUSA) beat Georgia State (4th place in Sun Belt)? The Sun Belt’s 1st place team just got thrashed by CUSA’s 3rd place team.

App had a great year and you can rip on Charlotte for being a start up but you should look at the results on the field. I’m pretty sure the Sun Belt’s only win against CUSA was App against ODU.[/quote]

CUSA was 5-1 against the Sun Belt this year. Although the only match-up of two top teams was the bowl game.

Bowl Game Louisiana Tech 47 Arkansas St 28
2015/10/03 Louisiana Tech 43 - Louisiana Lafayette 14 W
2015/09/26 Old Dominion 0 - Appalachian St 49 L
2015/09/19 UTEP 50 - New Mexico St 47 W OT
2015/09/19 Southern Mississippi 56 - Texas St 50 W
2015/09/04 UNC Charlotte 23 - Georgia State 20 W

Left the bowl game off the first list.

La Tech played Ark State. Not the cajuns.

None were as lopsided as ODU’s beatdown. The rest were all bottom feeders in the Sun Belt. yawn

[quote=“Appasnatchin, post:24, topic:30065”]La Tech played Ark State. Not the cajuns.

None were as lopsided as ODU’s beatdown. The rest were all bottom feeders in the Sun Belt. yawn
[/quote

La Tech played the Cajuns in the regular season I left the bowl game off my list when editing it the first time.[/quote]

clt says move along appy dude, your aol is going to run out of minutes soon.

I love your cute pet names for us. It’s deliciously ironic since you guys are the ones with the name/identity issues. I’ll never forget my shock at learning that you guys weren’t the Tar Heels in my junior year of high school.

Anyways, I’m done defending App. If you wanna see me again just keep posting more inane smack talk to inflate your own deluded egos.

I love your cute pet names for us. It’s deliciously ironic since you guys are the ones with the name/identity issues. I’ll never forget my shock at learning that you guys weren’t the Tar Heels in my junior year of high school.

Anyways, I’m done defending App. If you wanna see me again just keep posting more inane smack talk to inflate your own deluded egos.[/quote] So you stopped rooting for us your jr. year of high school. Good to know.

Anyways, I’m done defending App. If you wanna see me again just keep posting more inane smack talk to inflate your own deluded egos.[/quote]

clt says you are kidding right? You really did go to appy.

I’ll never forget my shock at learning that you guys weren’t the Tar Heels in my junior year of high school. [/quote]

This statement confirms you are a dumbass and explains why you went to App.

Can we mothball this thread until 2018?

Don’t use facts dude.

They don’t deal well with facts.

Here is another fact.

We are 20-11 against App in the big two.

They have to beat us 9 straight times in both football and basketball just to get even.

They can’t do that even if they win the first two football games in '18 and '19.

If they win the football game '18 they will see that as complete proof that they are superior, despite the basketball record.

Under no circumstances should they be allowed to look past the record listed above due to one football game.

Sorry App fans, but your down 9 to the niners in the big two.

It’s very conceivable that the Appys will never even that number and may fall further behind, as they have the past two years.

What the heck are they going to do if we beat them in 18 or 19 on the gridiron?

It’s possible that they may never recover from that mentally.

You should be so proud that your football team had a better season than ours considering your Gigantic head start. Don’t worry, we will catch you very soon. Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. Lol

I’m not gonna talk about basketball because we are in a total re-do as well even though last Saturday in Boone was pretty hilarious and surprisingly easy.

I like how you guys all say, “we are a football school.” Do other sports not exist? That’s a comical statement. Your fans are such a joke. What’s your fanbase gonna do now that you have experienced the mountaintop in football? 11-2 and a bowl win is the top for you. I hope you enjoyed it. If you do really well next year, you will get the same results. Congrats. Btw…Miami will embarrass you in Boone next year in front of your 30,000 black and gold bleeding, black and gold cheering, black and gold crying fans!

I love how this some of you have in your heads, manufactured a rivalry that doesn’t exist other than between a few message board posters. You all do realize that 99% of the fans of both schools honestly could care less if Charlotte or App wins when they aren’t playing each other. Heck even when they do play each other 99.9% of the fans from both sides don’t care, because if they did more than 376 would have showed up for the basketball game.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When our football series gets going with App, this is going to turn this into a rivalry for the majority of both teams fans.

I never knew we were rivals with App, and I’m not convinced many of us think that. We are certainly not rivals in basketball. I personally don’t give a crap what App does.

Very true and there are far more fans pulling for the other school when they aren’t playing each other than there are haters.

Very true and there are far more fans pulling for the other school when they aren’t playing each other than there are haters.[/quote]

Right now perhaps. That will change very quickly when we start playing in football. I think most of the messageboard rivalry exists because their online fans didnt think we should have started football and gave no supportive words during our push for it and were pissed that we got a FBS invite without playing a down. On our side I think we are a little envious of their football support and discount much of their history since it was all FCS s***.

Either way this is a rivalry that will take off pretty quick with football. Close schools, both playing in the shadow of the ACC schools, both with chips on their shoulder - I think it will get pretty chippy honestly. Hopefully the O will give decent coverage for those games :wink:

Nobody thinks this but you should head on over to Any Given Saturday and look at the threads around the time Charlotte announced football. All the smack talk generated from their fans pretty much looking down at the football program before they took the field. If their fan base wants respect, they should show it.

Personally I never want App to be a rival. I want Cincy, Memphis, ECU, USF, etc.