App smack

App does NOT “usually” have 30K per game (they have reported 30,000+ maybe 3-4 times EVER). You need to stop believing the App hype. They averaged low to mid-20s this season (and have never averaged more than mid 20s) [/quote]

Lol if you just spray verbal hate you’re bound to be right about something I guess, but not that. We’ve average pretty close to 30,000 in recent history, and I will be shocked if we don’t again this coming season. Not only are we coming off the most successful FBS transition in history (suck it, Marshall), but we have the University of Miami coming to Boone in Sept of next year. 32,000 or BUST for that game.

And for reference (I just tallied this on wikipedia) , we’ve hit 28k plus 20 TIMES SINCE 2007. Keep hatin’ though if it makes you feel better. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“SteauA, post:546, topic:28757”][quote=“winsel1081, post:544, topic:28757”][quote=“Niner National, post:540, topic:28757”][quote=“winsel1081, post:538, topic:28757”]I am curious to see how Coastal does with attendance moving up. I believe Brooks stadium holds around 9300 currently and was designed to be expanded to 20000 which is what their plans call for. In order to move up to the FBS level they were required to make the stadium larger to maintain the 15k attendance mark. The thing that will be interesting does the increase in size correlate into increase in attendance. They have only average about 8500 a game over the past few years so it bears watching on that end.

[font=verdana][size=2px]The[/size][/font][/quote]They’ll probably be in the 12-15,000 range honestly.

They’ll get bumps in years when they have an attractive home slate. App and Ga So will definitely bring a lot of fans to their place. If we ever play there (which I’m sure we will), we’ll probably take a decent crowd too.[/quote]

That would be my thinking too and maybe a few more if they are having a good year. I firmly believe it is worth expanding to cover those games but, I would say also you don’t want to expand too much just to cover the occasional need for 30k fans. To me that it would be a mistake to add too many seats and only fill them once a year at most. I say if you average attendance become 20000 a year then a good number would be around 22k-23K. I don’t know what that number should be for Charlotte though because right now the average is less than 15k.[/quote]

In all fairness, attendance would have easily been over 15k if not for the HORRIBLE weather for the Temple game. That game would have been a guaranteed 16k+ sellout under even decent weather. That night sucked.[/quote]

That night did suck and certainly hurt the attendance for that game. Heck the next day I went to another game and sat in the rain and I am hoping that never occurs again.

[quote=“Appasnatchin, post:2, topic:30065”]And for reference (I just tallied this on wikipedia) , we’ve hit 28k plus 20 TIMES SINCE 2007. Keep hatin’ though if it makes you feel better. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Appalachian_State_Mountaineers_football_team[/quote]
Does 28K = 30,000? You know, the original point.

Split hairs much? It’s still double your entire fan base. The App hype is real my friend. Just wait until the U comes to Boone next year and you’ll be even more jealous of our 32,000 loud, proud, black and gold bleeding fans.

Our stadium holds 16,000 fans and we have had more than that 4-5 times atleast in 3 years (while playing the Campbells of the football world) AND I mean in actual seats (where people paid more than $3 for). Not some hillside that no one knows how many it holds. Also, unlike App, our fans actually support most all of our sports teams (you know, like REAL fans). We average more fans for every other sport played than App does. Great job on the bball attendance last Saturday. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: 367 in attendance. Pathetic and atleast half of those were probably Charlotte fans. :-* You’re welcome.

We’re a football school, and guess what sport drives the bus? UNC-Texas in hoops was outdrawn in the ratings by the FCS playoffs last week :o ???. I support our basketball team, but even if they never find success, we’re still in a better situation than you are currently.

can we please stop football pissing contests with app attendance?

Pick on their track, the lack of basketball team ever, their smell, or the fact their degrees have salaries that cap at 50k, but please not football attendance.

[quote=“Appasnatchin, post:7, topic:30065”]We’re a football school, and guess what sport drives the bus? UNC-Texas in hoops was outdrawn in the ratings by the FCS playoffs last week :o ??? . I support our basketball team, but even if they never find success, we’re still in a better situation than you are currently.[/quote]Hard to argue with that. We’re a dumpster fire at everything but men’s soccer right now.

Our stadium holds 16,000 fans and we have had more than that 4-5 times atleast in 3 years (while playing the Campbells of the football world) AND I mean in actual seats (where people paid more than $3 for). Not some hillside that no one knows how many it holds. Also, unlike App, our fans actually support most all of our sports teams (you know, like REAL fans). We average more fans for every other sport played than App does. Great job on the bball attendance last Saturday. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: 367 in attendance. Pathetic and atleast half of those were probably Charlotte fans. :-* You’re welcome.[/quote]

There were about fifty Charlotte fans in attendance!

What though does basketball attendance have to do with expanding the stadium? The point is App expanded when they had more in attendance than seats in the stadium and I suspect that is what Charlotte will do too, whether anyone else agree with that or not.

HAHAHA!!! Maybe you should stick to that one sport you actually seem to care about because that statement right there tells me you are clueless about bball. Our team (as young as it is) still just beat the crap out of your team on YOUR floor and somehow you think it is in a better “situation”. Come back to reality please.
better team? Nope
better facilities? Nope
better attendance/support? Nope
better conference? Nope
better coach? At best a draw, just because our coach is new but I think 90% of people would prefer an NBA-All Star/probable Hall of Famer over your coach
So, please enlighten me as to how App bbal is in a “better situation” right now OR EVER.

I was referring to overall athletics program and the fact that basketball never brings in the amount of money that football does. That’s a fact. We don’t need a successful basketball program to be relevant, because in case you missed it we were plastered all over ESPN’s twitter feed this weekend for making history in our first official year of FBS.

I like how you deleted the first part of the thread and made it look like I started this ****show. The truth hurts, eh?

Yes, App is so “relevant” you landed in the Sun Belt after our “irrelevant” program (which hadn’t even taken the field yet—at the time) turned it down and went to a better league which has several member who moved UP to it from the SB.

HAHAHA!!! Maybe you should stick to that one sport you actually seem to care about because that statement right there tells me you are clueless about bball. Our team (as young as it is) still just beat the crap out of your team on YOUR floor and somehow you think it is in a better “situation”. Come back to reality please.
better team? Nope
better facilities? Nope
better conference? Nope
better coach? At best a draw, just because our coach is new but I think 90% of people would prefer an NBA-All Star/probable Hall of Famer over your coach
So, please enlighten me as to how App bbal is in a “better situation” right now OR EVER.

Edit: BTW, thanks for making my earlier point about you being an App fan masquerading as a Charlotte fan with your “we’re” still in a better situation" comment. Pretty clear statement as to your “un-biased” nature. ::)[/quote]

Uhhhh that was winsel, bro. I would NEVER claim to be associated with UNCC. Your reading comprehension skills leave much to be desired.

I hope this was targeted to me. :stuck_out_tongue: I am not a moderator on this board and therefore can’t delete anything on it.

better team? Nope
better facilities? Nope
better conference? Nope

Edit: BTW, thanks for making my earlier point about you being an App fan masquerading as a Charlotte fan with your “we’re” still in a better situation" comment. Pretty clear statement as to your “un-biased” nature. ::)[/quote]

Uhhhh that was winsel, bro. I would NEVER claim to be associated with UNCC. Your reading comprehension skills leave much to be desired.[/quote]
Sorry BRO ::slight_smile: , you jumped into someone else’s conversation. Typical loud mouth Appy. So, now tell me how you’re in that better situation. :))

Yes, App is so “relevant” you landed in the Sun Belt after our “irrelevant” program (which hadn’t even taken the field yet—at the time) turned it down and went to a better league which has several member who moved UP to it from the SB.[/quote]

You know you suck when you rest on the laurels of your conference (which is a shadow of its former self, lets be honest).

We’re the first sun belt team to win 11 in a season. We’re not your average sun belt team, but you know you suck when you try to hype up your conference instead of your pee-wee caliber team. Sun Belt is stronger top to bottom than CUSA in football. Even Ga State got better, but you still have ODU, FIU, FAU, and you(NCC) bringing CUSA down.

better team? Nope
better facilities? Nope
better conference? Nope

Uhhhh that was winsel, bro. I would NEVER claim to be associated with UNCC. Your reading comprehension skills leave much to be desired.[/quote]
Sorry BRO ::slight_smile: , you jumped into someone else’s conversation. Typical loud mouth Appy. So, now tell me how you’re in that better situation. :))[/quote]

Why would you quote me and bold what I said if you’re referring to someone else ???

clt says you can literally walk into the appy fb stadium without a ticket. Any attendance figure is a guess.