Arena floor design confirmation

I’ve noticed a lot of speculation going on on here as to what the floor of Bobcats Arena will look like for the sweet sixteen games.

Well I work down here at the Arena, and I just went and checked it out.

In the center of mid-court is the big blue circle NCAA logo, and on either sides of that, are two Charlotte 49ers logos (the C-picks with “49ers” in them). It looks pretty good. They aren’t huge, but big enough that everyone will know what they are.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;308707]I’ve noticed a lot of speculation going on on here as to what the floor of Bobcats Arena will look like for the sweet sixteen games.

In the center of mid-court is the big blue circle NCAA logo, and on either sides of that, are two Charlotte 49ers logos (the C-picks with “49ers” in them). It looks pretty good. They aren’t huge, [B]but big enough that everyone will know what they are.[/B][/QUOTE]

the logos for the satellite campus of the tar heels?

here you go…

bobjohnson@bobcats.com

I've noticed a lot of speculation going on on here as to what the floor of Bobcats Arena will look like for the sweet sixteen games.

In the center of mid-court is the big blue circle NCAA logo, and on either sides of that, are two Charlotte 49ers logos (the C-picks with “49ers” in them). It looks pretty good. They aren’t huge, but big enough that everyone will know what they are.

I was in there Monday checking out a suite I’m renting for next Monday night and I saw the floor. Looks good, although I wish the sidelines where it says Charlotte were in green, not blue, but I guess it has to go with the NCAA logo. I especially like the entrances of the tunnels having our name above them. It’ll be good exposure, just too bad we’re not there. That would’ve been sweet. Anybody else going to the games? I’ll be up in 223.

Closest we’ve been to the sweet sixteen in years…

Closest we've been to the sweet sixteen in years.........

Enjoy it while it lasts, because the Bobcats arena is probably not going to do it again; or atleast for a long while. It conflicts too much with the Bobcat’s schedule. They had to majorly frontload the home games this year, and their boys have been sleeping in hotels all around the country the whole second half of the season.

It'll be good exposure, just too bad we're not there.
We couldn't play there anyway since we are "hosting".

But yea, AWESOME. Wish we could of had more of this at the Wake and MD games there.

Would like to get a picture of that, if possible. Are they decals like the big NCAA logo? I’ve heard people complain about those.

Would have been nice to have the court more personalized for us for the two games this past season.

Would like to get a picture of that, if possible. Are they decals like the big NCAA logo? I've heard people complain about those.

Would have been nice to have the court more personalized for us for the two games this past season.

Yeah, now that I see this, I’m wondering why we didn’t get that. It’s obvious now they can.

Would like to get a picture of that, if possible. Are they decals like the big NCAA logo? I've heard people complain about those.

Yes it would have. Just about every other school brings their court with them when they play at the big arena in their city… why can’t we? At least D-bagson had their logo on the court…

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;308722]Would like to get a picture of that, if possible. Are they decals like the big NCAA logo? I’ve heard people complain about those.

Would have been nice to have the court more personalized for us for the two games this past season.[/QUOTE]

They’re going to remove the NCAA at mid-court or replace with something else I heard/read. Too slick dagummit, Roy said.

If I recall correctly, all regional sites last year used similar courts build/painted specifically for this event. I am assuming courts in Detroit, Phx and Houston will be similar (excluding the host logos).

Sounds great. I’m heading up there for some of the lunch time practices today. Anyone else going out? They are free.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;308731]They’re going to remove the NCAA at mid-court or replace with something else I heard/read. Too slick dagummit, Roy said.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was complaining about that in Raleigh this past weekend. He even went over during a time out to point it out to the TV crew. …after Cryler wiped out on it.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because the Bobcats arena is probably not going to do it again; or atleast for a long while. It conflicts too much with the Bobcat's schedule. They had to majorly frontload the home games this year, and their boys have been sleeping in hotels all around the country the whole second half of the season.

Does it really matter? Either they lose at home or they lose on the road… I don’t think anyone really notices…

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;308731]They’re going to remove the NCAA at mid-court or replace with something else I heard/read. Too slick dagummit, Roy said.[/QUOTE]
Same problems at the Tampa games as well. Some player actually tweaked an ankle on the logo. (That’s a damn big air bubble to trip over!)

The NCAA mandates the design (and provides the floors) for regionals and Final Four. First and second round sites can use whatever floor is used at that respective arena (with the addition of NCAA logos).

[QUOTE=ChevEE;308735]Sounds great. I’m heading up there for some of the lunch time practices today. Anyone else going out? They are free.

[/QUOTE]

I can’t handle all that baby blue. Please take some photos of the court if you can.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;308720]Enjoy it while it lasts, because the Bobcats arena is probably not going to do it again; or atleast for a long while. It conflicts too much with the Bobcat’s schedule. They had to majorly frontload the home games this year, and their boys have been sleeping in hotels all around the country the whole second half of the season.[/QUOTE]
Charlotte/NCAA can’t take all the blame for that. The powers, including Mr. Johnson, wanted the CIAA and ACC tournaments to be hosted at BET Arena. And they lasted longer than the NCAA regionals.

Someone should be pleased that in March, these events have made more $$$ for Charlotte area than the arena will bring in during the other 11 months total.

[SIZE=5]I got a picture of BET Arena’s floor yesterday…

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Submarley734;308720]Enjoy it while it lasts, because the Bobcats arena is probably not going to do it again; or atleast for a long while. It conflicts too much with the Bobcat’s schedule. They had to majorly frontload the home games this year, and their boys have been sleeping in hotels all around the country the whole second half of the season.[/QUOTE]

The Bobcats have no one to blame but themselves — scheduling the CIAA, ACC & NCAA tourney for the same year — was incredibly dumb for what is supposed to be their meal ticket (NBA team).

The CIAA is around until 2011, I think. No problem. I don’t know the schools, but IT DOES SELL TICKETS.

Why they committed to 3 tournaments AND then tried to schedule the Bobcats around that is beyond me.

One, maybe 2 is no big deal, but I were a Bobcat or a Bobcat fan, I would be incredibly pissed when “deja vu” comes around the 3rd time.