Arena floor design confirmation

I just got back from watching Louisville practice, reminds me of the good ol days of CUSA. The floor has two Charlotte logos; banner over the tunnel and Charlotte 49ers over the suites that I believe are usually sponsored by The Vue. Several big basketball fans were sitting behind me; they thought UMass was in the ACC…idiots. They didn’t know why there are Charlotte logos in the arena; I had to inform them that we are the host school, I don’t think they even knew what that meant. One guy even thought Louisville and Kentucky were in the same conference. I know elementary school kids that have more basketball knowledge then those guys.

I just got back from watching Louisville practice, reminds me of the good ol days of CUSA. The floor has two Charlotte logos; banner over the tunnel and Charlotte 49ers over the suites that I believe are usually sponsored by The Vue. Several big basketball fans were sitting behind me; they thought UMass was in the ACC....idiots. They didn't know why there are Charlotte logos in the arena; I had to inform them that we are the host school, I don't think they even knew what that meant. One guy even thought Louisville and Kentucky were in the same conference. I know elementary school kids that have more basketball knowledge then those guys.

Were they wearing UNC-CH gear from Wal-Mart??

Around 2:30, there were at least 12000 people in the arena. Entire lower bowl was full and a good third of the upper deck. If you even attempted to try to go in one of the lower level entrances, you got pounced on by arena personnel who guided you to the closest escalator. Am guessing right about now, there are probably less than 5000 folks in there. Obviously, it was all about the holes from 2-3.
The Charlotte logos look good even from the upper deck. There is also a decent display in one of the lower level cases that has a big Charlotte banner, a couple of basketball jerseys some A10 championship plaques, some jerseys, a very cool green and white basketball signed by the entire team.

[QUOTE=spartyniner;308916]Were they wearing UNC-CH gear from Wal-Mart??[/QUOTE]

No but there were plenty of them in the arena. I figure this is as close to the Holes that most of their fans will ever get. Most of them have probably never stepped foot on that campus and probably can’t afford to go to the games this weekend.

Alright, I went to watch Louisville practice and managed to somehow muster the ability to sit through Roy’s shoot around. Gosh, it was horrible. I’ve never seen a team get cheered on for making uncontested shots in a shoot around. It was horrible. Anyways, I took some pictures with my phone and will post them up when I get a chance…

[QUOTE=Submarley734;308720]Enjoy it while it lasts, because the Bobcats arena is probably not going to do it again; or atleast for a long while. It conflicts too much with the Bobcat’s schedule. They had to majorly frontload the home games this year, and their boys have been sleeping in hotels all around the country the whole second half of the season.[/QUOTE]

these tournaments are probably bringing in a lot more money than they do. If I were bob johnson, I’d send them away more often.

[QUOTE=9erforever;308923]
The Charlotte logos look good even from the upper deck. There is also a decent display in one of the lower level cases that has a big Charlotte banner, a couple of basketball jerseys some A10 championship plaques, some jerseys, a very cool green and white basketball signed by the entire team.[/QUOTE]

Sounds nice. I’m glad we are taking this opportunity to advertise our school.

The estimated attendance was between 7,000 and 8,000 during the UNC practice. The lower bowl was packed but the upstairs and club seats were empty. Someone stated the upstairs was closed.

Both logos on the floor face the same direction instead of one facing one side and the other facing the other side. I hope they both face the camera. I heard a Louisville fan look around and say he thought UNC had a higher class of fans. I don’t know if he was being serious or not.

Nicely done, Skody.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;308929]Alright, I went to watch Louisville practice and managed to somehow muster the ability to sit through Roy’s shoot around. Gosh, it was horrible. I’ve never seen a team get cheered on for making uncontested shots in a shoot around. It was horrible. Anyways, I took some pictures with my phone and will post them up when I get a chance…[/QUOTE]

Welcome to my life, every day.

Alright, sorry for the poor quality of pictures. Just something to give you an idea. Looked real good! :thumbsup: We need to keep that floor around for any other games we may play at Bobcats.

[CENTER]
49er Banner on far end. Can’t see logos on the floor due to glare.

You can almost make out the pick logo on the floor

Louisville Practice

My view when I didn’t stand to greet the Tar Holes

Only time we will see UNC-CH on a floor with a Charlotte logo

Flags along light rail line

Flags at main entrance. Top flag has crown logo, Bottom flag has Pick logo.[/CENTER]

Wow, it’s almost like I was there, 12 beers in.

Wonder if they’ll donate any of those flags in front- or the ones by light rail to the auction. That could be cool.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;308947]Wow, it’s almost like I was there, 12 beers in.[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

[QUOTE=spartyniner;308949]Wonder if they’ll donate any of those flags in front- or the ones by light rail to the auction. That could be cool.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how secure those banners are to the poles, hmmm…

Wow, it's almost like I was there, 12 beers in.

I was thinking the same thing. Hilarious.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;308947]Wow, it’s almost like I was there, 12 beers in.[/QUOTE]

LMAO

Not the greatest, but you can still see it…sort of.

It will be nice to have the place full. Outside of the ACC Tourney and these games, has there ever been a sporting event there where every seat has a butt in it?

If anyone has watched the NCAA Tournament, it is the same generic floor for every hosting team that is being held at a large arena. As ChiSox said blue NCAA logo with Decals between halfcourt and the 3 point arch on opposing sides.

You aren’t going to get a Halton Arena floor out there, I think it would violate regulations as well…

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;308996]If anyone has watched the NCAA Tournament, it is the same generic floor for every hosting team that is being held at a large arena. As ChiSox said blue NCAA logo with Decals between halfcourt and the 3 point arch on opposing sides.

You aren’t going to get a Halton Arena floor out there, I think it would violate regulations as well…[/QUOTE]

Evidently the NCAA decals are out due to players tripping on them and William’s complaining.

[QUOTE]Roy Williams will get his wish.
Players won’t be slipping on giant decals for the remainder of the NCAA Tournament. The floors at the Final Four and the four regional sites, including Charlotte Bobcats Arena, weren’t scheduled to get decals.

[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/unc/story/1012279.html]NCAA pulls decals[/URL]