Asheville People, please read!

The Laughing seed is good if you like vegetarian. Try the Early Girl, it rocks for breakfast. Both are on Wall Street. You might want to check the specials at Jack of The Wood, which is practically more of a bar. It’s around the corner on Patton Ave.

Bump, in Asheville now. I looked around today, I like East Asheville pretty good, it's quaint and seems okay. I really liked the area off of Kennilworth Rd, seems similar to Dilworth but not as well redeveloped. I looked over in West Asheville and while there were a couple cute houses, it is still VERY transitional over there, and I don't know if I want to deal with that.

Overall, this seems like a very expensive place to live considering the quality of the housing and neighborhood.

Anyone got a good, downtown Asheville place to eat at for dinner?

Hootie, still waiting to hear back from you btw.

I hear the Lobster Trap, Carmel’s, and Chophouse are great, haven’t tried them yet.

I rented an apartment in East Asheville (Evergreen Ridge Apts, right across from Parkway Crossing) for 2 years and really liked the area. Close to town, but you don’t have to deal with the traffic that I40 and I26 bring. I wanted to buy a house there, particularly Haw Creek but it was just out of my price range.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;433790]Bump, in Asheville now. I looked around today, I like East Asheville pretty good, it’s quaint and seems okay. I really liked the area off of Kennilworth Rd, seems similar to Dilworth but not as well redeveloped. I looked over in West Asheville and while there were a couple cute houses, it is still VERY transitional over there, and I don’t know if I want to deal with that.

Overall, this seems like a very expensive place to live considering the quality of the housing and neighborhood.

Hootie, still waiting to hear back from you btw.[/QUOTE]

Dude,

Left you a message yesterday. I’ll be back in town this afternoon. I’ll PM you my cell.

Hootie

I have lived in West Asheville for almost a year and absolutely love the area. West Asheville is very big and close to everything. I live right off of Liecester Hwy off of Patton and we are in a nice quiet neighborhood. Around my area I have seen some houses for rent and if you go further up Liecester Hwy towards Erwin you can find some cheaper places to rent. That is still West Asheville and still 10-15 minutes from downtown. The good thing about West Asheville is you are central to downtown, South Asheville, etc. I work in Fletcher and it takes me 25 minutes via I-26. It took me that long to go 7 miles when I lived in Charlotte, so not bad at all up here.

As far as places to eat downtown, Tupelo Honey for breakfast, Lobster Trap, Barley’s for pizza.

I am down for watching games anytime in Asheville with fellow Niners.

I ate at a cuban place in downtown when I was there. Very good, but don’t remember the name

[QUOTE=Niner National;433899]I ate at a cuban place in downtown when I was there. Very good, but don’t remember the name[/QUOTE]

MMMMMMMM…my favorite, CUBAN!

So what was the verdict?

I forgot to mention- for food and beer- Asheville Pizze on Merrimon. -The beer thread made me remember.

You’ve also got to check-out Graveyard Fields, Milepost 418.8 off the Parkway. It’s a 10 foot waterfall and swim hole at high elevation, it’s awesome in the middle of summer. http://tinyurl.com/graveyardfields

Went to tour some breweries, see the Tourists and check out the city more, Asheville Pizza and Brewery is awesome. Great lunch buffet and beer prices.

The wife and I love Bouchon (French comfort food) and as already mentioned, Tupelo Honey. Can’t beat the breakfast there and always worth the wait .

Asheville is great. I just wish we had the time to go there more often.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;433790]Bump, in Asheville now. I looked around today, I like East Asheville pretty good, it’s quaint and seems okay. I really liked the area off of Kennilworth Rd, seems similar to Dilworth but not as well redeveloped. I looked over in West Asheville and while there were a couple cute houses, it is still VERY transitional over there, and I don’t know if I want to deal with that.

Hootie, still waiting to hear back from you btw.[/QUOTE]

Barley’s has great pizza!