"Ask the AD" interview with Judy

http://www.nacda.com/sports/nacda/spec-rel/091415aaa.html

Y’all get off of these here chat pages!

Technologically illiterate? The athletics website and store would never hint at that… :))

I don’t even know where to start. This is our CEO.

You guys can say whatever you want and she will never know it. After all, she said she stayed away from these here chat pages.

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:2, topic:29824”]Y’all get off of these here chat pages![/quote] LOL. I wouldn’t exactly characterize the discourse here as “chatting”.

I’m not sure if we should all be laughing or crying. Probably both.

“I can’t say no.” -Judy

While she rambled quite a bit, I found her comments on conferences and competition were interesting. She knows Charlotte isn’t going to be in consideration for the football championship while in C-USA. The question is whether she is doing anything behind the scenes to try to change this.

[quote=“LoyalNiner, post:9, topic:29824”]While she rambled quite a bit, I found her comments on conferences and competition were interesting. She knows Charlotte isn’t going to be in consideration for the football championship while in C-USA. The question is whether she is doing anything behind the scenes to try to change this.
[/quote]

Challenges like this one are often solved during brain storming chats during lunch.

Can someone offer a recap? Link isn’t wanting to work for me and to be honest, from the comments, that may be a blessing.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:11, topic:29824”]Can someone offer a recap? Link isn’t wanting to work for me and to be honest, from the comments, that may be a blessing.[/quote] Chat rooms are bad for your mental health. Judy considers herself to be humble. We run an ultra clean program. Judy pronounces “genuine” as “genu-wine”. Judy has an aversion to the word “money” and thus substitutes “dollars”. We need more and more dollars to keep up. Judy takes satisfaction from seeing our athletes develop and be successful in life.

Big donors are her friends. She doesn’t do technology. She makes some terrible faces.

Big donors are her friends. She doesn’t do technology. She makes some terrible faces.[/quote] Judy loves “that Normbulance guy” and wishes we had more fans like him.

OK,OK. I made that part up

The irony was she dislikes social media, yet the interview was posted strictly for social media. This isn’t making it to a TV set anywhere.
Even calls out Derrio Green tweeting her pick at a soccer match? Said its “none of anyone’s business if I attend a game” (though that was odd)

Said mostly “millennials” use social media and she gets importance. She must think people beyond 20s not using FB, LinkedIn, Twitter.

I hope our next AD is someone in mid-late 30s, or early 40s (age discrimination implications aside for a moment), hungry, sees us as a stepping stone to a P5 gig, understands leveraging mid-level donors for volume (especially thr ones that are businesses HQ in Clt), and will turn our entiree deptmartment upside down. Come in for 7-10 years, expand the stadium to 35-40k on the backs of big donations, get us some indoor practice facilities, ramp up alumni contributions, get us on track for the next big conference shift, get an offer at P5 program, and drop the mic on the way out.

Feels good to dream.

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:15, topic:29824”]The irony was she dislikes social media, yet the interview was posted strictly for social media. This isn’t making it to a TV set anywhere.
Even calls out Derrio Green tweeting her pick at a soccer match? Said its “none of anyone’s business if I attend a game” (though that was odd)

Said mostly “millennials” use social media and she gets importance. She must think people beyond 20s not using FB, LinkedIn, Twitter.[/quote]Social media and the internet are fads for young people. ;D

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:15, topic:29824”]The irony was she dislikes social media, yet the interview was posted strictly for social media. This isn’t making it to a TV set anywhere.

Said mostly “millennials” use social media and she gets importance. She must think people beyond 20s not using FB, LinkedIn, Twitter.[/quote] Yea, she’d have been better served to have said she didn’t understand why anyone would really care that she was at a soccer match, not that its nobody’s business.
I, too, found it odd that she considered that tweet an invasion of privacy. Of course, she’s right that most communication on social media is worthless, but then its just the difference between telling one person some useless information(before the internet) and telling the whole world some useless information. (now). Idle chit chat multiplied to infinity.
That does not mean that ALL social media interactions are worthless.

First question and answer also not what I expected. The #1 challenge she has is fear of litigation? Maybe I am off base, but that should be number 5-10 on to do list. Certainly important, but I doubt that’s what most BCS admin wake up worrying about.

I am glad I am too busy to watch this video…