Assistant coaches for Sanchez

I would expect soon. Need to get guys on the recruiting trail. Especially if we end up with any spots open for the upcoming season.

If I’m not mistaken Price had a couple assistants on board when he was introduced at his presser.

Biggest thing I want is a coach who can help us keep Charlotte area talent home. 2nd area is like to get back tonis the DMV.

I wonder if he might keep Corrigan because of the connections he likely has through his grandfather.

I think bringing Lutz on wouldn’t be a bad idea as an asst.
However, his assistants are almost as critical to success as the players so gotta hit homeruns there.

Not sure if Lutz would come back as an assistant but it would be smart for him too. Assistant coaches without head coaching experience are probably the most likely to fail. Coming here as an assistant to a newly hired HC with no prior head coaching experience puts Lutz in a position to not only help Dirty Sanchez learn how to be a HC but if he flames out…Lutz is here ready to take over.

Just not sure if either side (Lutz or Hill/Phil) is interested though.

Bobby deserves more than teaching an assistant how to be a head coach.

Agreed but think long term not short term.

Short term, Bobby plays nice and helps out the new guy. He still brings the passion and bravado we need as a program…and long term, if Dirty Sanchez doesn’t work out (or does great and gets hired away)…Bobby will have put himself in prime position to reclaim the keys to the car.

Maybe Bobby doesn’t have the time to invest in that scenario…but things change quickly in this business. He gets back in an AHC capacity now and In 3-4 years who knows??

I get that you agree with me about what Bobby would bring to our team. I’m speaking about what may be his perspective. I hope he gets a head coaching job now.

I’d love Bobby, but based on what we know about Phil and his relationship it’s just as unlikely as hiring Bobby as HC.

I would like someone in Bobby’s mold though. An AHC with some HC experience. Same role Bobby played at Iowa State. Then put on a guy with some Charlotte connections - McGinnis, Dink and then another young guy that is willing to bust their ass.

when a coaching staff fails, i don’t want an assistant on the staff leading the way on the next HC tenure. example would be Fancher, i like him but was part of Price debacle. So I don’t see how you hire Bobby as HC if he was part of the Sanchez staff that failed. BUT if Sanchez takes us to sweet 16 and gets hired away then sure, let Bobby take over.

It’s amazing the hard on some still have for Lutz around here.

He’s gone.

It’s over.

He’s not coming back.

Move on!!!

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinByerly/status/975861579240656897

If Dixon does it so well, why is Georgia Southern so dreadful at basketball?

1 Like

Your shtick is tired.

Their sycophantic behavior makes me believe they believe Lutz reads these threads.

1 Like

I remember similar tweets for Andre Gray during last cycle and I had that same question

Chris Dwiggins???

While Georgia Southern is definitely no hoops powerhouse, hard to argue with Justin Bylerly’s observation about Larry Dixon’s ability to recruit the Carolinas. Current roster lists five players from the Old North State with two more, Will Dillard and Elijah McCadden - both Niner recruits - headed to Statesboro next season.

FWIW, pretty sure most of us would have taken the 21-12 record Georgia Southern had this year!

1 Like

Anyone who can land a four star and multiple three stars at friggin GA Southern knows how to recruit. Sign him up!

1 Like