Assistant coaches for Sanchez

Yeah, that would be sweet. An alumni who knows the Charlotte high school basketball scene very well and played in the League.

Assumption: Dinkins would provide a serious connection to Team Charlotte.

Wow…this could be so perfect. Again…something that makes too much sense not to do. But those were the things the prior administration would not do…the things that made too much sense.

Such a welcome and needed change to how our AD operates.

Short radio interview today on the Jerry V show. Interesting, he states they have already offered the final position and are waiting for the candidate to give them an answer. I wonder if that is Dinkins.

http://www.espncharlotte.net/gerry-v-show-ron-sanchez-2/

I think it isn’t a coincidence that came out not long after the interview.

It would be wonderful if Byron Dinkins became an assistant coach at Charlotte. Byron was Jeff Mullins first recruit and was a very big part of bringing Charlotte back to prominence. I was at the Kentucky game when Charlotte was lead by Byron and nearly beat Kentucky on their home floor. The final clock was ticking down and Byron got the ball under the basketball and was either going to score or get fouled and win the game. Rex Chapman pushed Byron out of bounds (no call) and Byron was called for traveling. Byron and his team mates won many games during their time at Charlotte and it was a lot of fun bring a fan back then.
It would be great if Byron Dinkins can again be part of reviving our great program back to being one of the better teams in the nation. I trust the new coaches to make a good decision and I would be very happy if they pick Byron Dinkins.

1 Like

Yes I remember that shove and traveling called. Pissed me off.

It feels great to be excited about 49er basketball again!!

Pushed out of bounds by Ed Davender not Chapman (I was there too) but you are exactly right otherwise.

I’ve been driving the Dinkins Bandwagon for years !
I’d be ecstatic if he’s brought on board and given a chance !

1 Like

Dinkins coming on board would be awesome, alumni who knows how to win and has proven he can coach too by leading his school to a title this season, plus AAU connections are great too.

I still remember Dink and his agent coming to my HS in like '89 or '90. I’d love for him to be a coach here, but only if he really wants it.

I hope Byron Dinkins reads our posts and realizes how much #ninernation wants him on our coaching staff. Wish the best for him and hope it could be a good move for him

While not an assistant coach, it looks like Colby Lewis is moving on from Charlotte to a position at UMBC under Ryan Odom.

Here’s a thought on why the Dink hire has dragged out.

Did we help find Colby a new gig to bring in Dink??
I wonder if Dink asked to bring someone with him (for Colby’s role) or just asked for money that needed us to move Colby. That could have been the reason for the delay. Now with Colby gone…is everything clear for the official announcement of the Dink hiring?

Hmmmm.

Colby was in a MBB support spot, I don’t think this has anything to do with the Dinkins hiring process.

We arent goong to let a hs coach influence 2 jobs.

Is McInnis a no go?

Unless something has changed, McInnis doesn’t have his degree. He’s not even an option until he finishes it.

I don’t really believe it either…just throwing it out there as a possibility to discuss.

clt says no to mcinnis