Athletic Foundation Donations for FY 2013-14

MK called it comparable, it’s not
USf was generating 16 million annually of BCS/BE
http://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsmoney/2011/03/23/money-not-as-big-in-big-east-football/[/quote]
What they collect in fees and contributions based on the type of university they are is comparable.
Comparable doesn’t equal exact. Their mascot is different and they’re not located in NC. Has about as much to do with the point as your post.

Reading, it’s fundamental.[/quote]
Math is also fundamental, usf has essential 2x as many full timers. So the burden per student is half, if the collection is same.[/quote]
Collection isn’t the same. It’s 5 million more.
Once again, comparable doesn’t equal exact. Your post was pointless. Just accept it and move on.
I like the ice comment though. Especially funny given you’re embarrassing yourself with each post.[/quote]

We escalated gradually for football student fees. Your figures considering that? Doubt it. Uncc is at very top of student fee burden in NCAA. Twist it how u like[/quote]I’d love to see the breakout of this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsmoney/2011/03/23/money-not-as-big-in-big-east-football/[/quote]
What they collect in fees and contributions based on the type of university they are is comparable.
Comparable doesn’t equal exact. Their mascot is different and they’re not located in NC. Has about as much to do with the point as your post.

Math is also fundamental, usf has essential 2x as many full timers. So the burden per student is half, if the collection is same.[/quote]
Once again, comparable doesn’t equal exact. Your post was pointless. Just accept it and move on.
I like the ice comment though. Especially funny given you’re embarrassing yourself with each post.[/quote]

We escalated gradually for football student fees. Your figures considering that? Doubt it. Uncc is at very top of student fee burden in NCAA. Twist it how u like[/quote]

And one of the reasons for that is we just had a $45M stadium built. Assuming everything stays constant, and it won’t, once the stadium is paid for the fees can be lowered. Capital athletics projects take up the lion’s share of the student athletics fees.

We escalated gradually for football student fees. Your figures considering that? Doubt it. Uncc is at very top of student fee burden in NCAA. Twist it how u like[/quote]

And one of the reasons for that is we just had a $45M stadium built. Assuming everything stays constant, and it won’t, once the stadium is paid for the fees can be lowered. Capital athletics projects take up the lion’s share of the student athletics fees.[/quote]
I’m not bashing the fee. Needed to happen.

They’re from 2011. Feel free to do your own analysis. Then come back and try and play smart.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/story/2012-05-14/ncaa-college-athletics-finances-database/54955804/1

We escalated gradually for football student fees. Your figures considering that? Doubt it. Uncc is at very top of student fee burden in NCAA. Twist it how u like[/quote]I’d love to see the breakout of this.[/quote]In 2011, 71.5% of our expenses were covered by student fees. At that time there were 93 schools with a higher % than ours.

I’m sure ours has increased since 2011 though.

Someone should start a post asking for advice on their donations to the athletic fund for FY 2013-14.

We escalated gradually for football student fees. Your figures considering that? Doubt it. Uncc is at very top of student fee burden in NCAA. Twist it how u like[/quote]I’d love to see the breakout of this.[/quote]
Usf…39%!!!
USM is 34%
Wichita 30%
Uncc 72%

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/story/2012-05-14/ncaa-college-athletics-finances-database/54955804/1

what is the current student athletic fee? I just did a quick google search and found schools with amazingly high fees that i cant imagine are lower than ours which makes me question metro’s assertion (shocking i know)

We escalated gradually for football student fees. Your figures considering that? Doubt it. Uncc is at very top of student fee burden in NCAA. Twist it how u like[/quote]I’d love to see the breakout of this.[/quote]
Usf…39%!!!
USM is 34%
Wichita 30%
Uncc 72%

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/story/2012-05-14/ncaa-college-athletics-finances-database/54955804/1[/quote]

This. Spin it how you want, these are scary numbers. Good post lambertswag.

They’re from 2011. Feel free to do your own analysis. Then come back and try and play smart.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/story/2012-05-14/ncaa-college-athletics-finances-database/54955804/1[/quote]
Yup. 72% vs 39%
You lose comparison by 33%
Want that ice bag in cubes or crushed?

IMO - students fees for what we are trying to build will be higher. The question to ask is should they be this high? And why are they this high? We always say that our AD does a great job given the limited resources they have, which may be true - but they are also in control if growing those resources.

I say again - over 100,000 living alumni, less than 4,000 club members and not all of them are currently givers. The majority of the club members give under $500. Hell just go back and look at the FSL thread to see how quickly people moved up the list. I gave at GJ for two years on top of a few years of significantly less and am in the top 600 givers. That is awesome for me but really really really sad for the AD. I shouldn’t be able to climb rank that fast.

Yup. 72% vs 39%
Want that ice bag in cubes or crushed?[/quote]
That’s a % of the total athletic budget right? See hero this is where that BCS money would come into play as that would need to come out of the total since, you know, we don’t get BCS money. We don’t get BE TV dollars, that would need to come out as well.

See when making a comparison it’s good to, you know, compare apples to apples. A for effort though. I know you were feeling really good there for a few seconds. Sorry to rain on your little parade.

Yup. 72% vs 39%
That’s a % of the total athletic budget right? See hero this is where that BCS money would come into play as that would need to come out of the total since, you know, we don’t get BCS money. We don’t get BE TV dollars, that would need to come out as well.

See when making a comparison it’s good to, you know, compare apples to apples. A for effort though. I know you were feeling really good there for a few seconds. Sorry to rain on your little parade.[/quote]

lol

Yup. 72% vs 39%

See when making a comparison it’s good to, you know, compare apples to apples. A for effort though. I know you were feeling really good there for a few seconds. Sorry to rain on your little parade.[/quote]

I disagree with this entirely. We shouldn’t rely on BCS funds. We should have our own donating fan base. Wup is right. We have 100,000 living alumni. Why do we only have 3 million in donations?

Yup. 72% vs 39%

Okay, I’m a math major, so I have to say this…the number is actually around 55%. Take the amount of student fees divided by the total revenue amount for 2011, and you get this number. So, that is the actual percent of contributions made by students to total revenue.

Yup. 72% vs 39%

Okay, I’m a math major, so I have to say this…the number is actually around 55%. Take the amount of student fees divided by the total revenue amount for 2011, and you get this number. So, that is the actual percent of contributions made by students to total revenue.[/quote]

That said, we have to find a way to get alumni interested in donating again.

We all talk about how high our starting salary for graduates is in academic arguments with other fan bases. Why is none of that going to the AD?

Yup. 72% vs 39%

I disagree with this entirely. We shouldn’t rely on BCS funds. We should have our own donating fan base. Wup is right. We have 100,000 living alumni. Why do we only have 3 million in donations?[/quote]
Well, we can’t rely on BCS funds since we’re not BCS. But that really has nothing to do with the point I was making.

[quote=“C49er, post:6, topic:27767”]The AD used to send out a survey of some sort, asking for ratings and suggestions for improvement. I feel like this happened anyway, about 8 years ago or so. This is really something that should be done on a regular basis, even if it just gives people a chance to vent or point out what’s been done right/wrong over the last year. If any of us are going to cut back donations (which we are certainly in the right to do), we should have the chance to offer feedback and let them know why we’re cutting back.

As for the amount that you donate, I don’t think you should be talked into donating less or donating more. Donate what you feel is the right amount, and if you regret giving that much at the end of the year, cut back (as long as it’s above $1500) or give more. I don’t have much room to cut back at all due to football, but have gone through this same soul-searching that you’re doing.[/quote]

There should be a form available online via your online 49er Club account that you can fill out annually. Also, email season ticket holders after each season asking for feedback with an attached form.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:59, topic:27767”][quote=“C49er, post:6, topic:27767”]The AD used to send out a survey of some sort, asking for ratings and suggestions for improvement. I feel like this happened anyway, about 8 years ago or so. This is really something that should be done on a regular basis, even if it just gives people a chance to vent or point out what’s been done right/wrong over the last year. If any of us are going to cut back donations (which we are certainly in the right to do), we should have the chance to offer feedback and let them know why we’re cutting back.

As for the amount that you donate, I don’t think you should be talked into donating less or donating more. Donate what you feel is the right amount, and if you regret giving that much at the end of the year, cut back (as long as it’s above $1500) or give more. I don’t have much room to cut back at all due to football, but have gone through this same soul-searching that you’re doing.[/quote]

There should be a form available online via your online 49er Club account that you can fill out annually. Also, email season ticket holders after each season asking for feedback with an attached form.[/quote]

Yup. Also needs to go out to the entire alumni group. Find out why people who aren’t giving aren’t. Find out why the current givers aren’t giving more. Hell find out what your customer base thinks and wants and find out how to reach potential customers. Be creative, think outside the box and be willing to try something new. As long as student fees cover everything they want to do they are not held accountable to take these other actions.