3/18, WNIT, Virginia Commonwealth 74, Saint Joseph’s 63
3/18, WNIT, Northwestern 79, Duquesne 72

3/20, NCAA, Texas Christian vs Dayton
3/21, NCAA, East Tennessee State vs Xavier
3/21, NCAA, James Madison vs Temple

3/21, WNIT, North Carolina A&T at Charlotte
3/22, WNIT, Northwestern at Saint Bonaventure
3/22, WNIT, Richmond at Syracuse

A10-Women have 8 teams in the NCAA/NIT? Nice.

I think the Duquesne-Princeton game was at Princeton.

Looks like X will have to carry the flag for the A-10 again. Temple losing by double digits to Cornell right now.

Temple is getting creamed. Two of our 3 in the NCAA getting knocked out in the first round helps is keep that mid-major title

dammit Temple

Are they playing close to cornell or something? They seem to have alot of fans there.

Cornell is making Temple look horrible. Not good to see two higher seed A10 teams getting run like that. Losing is one thing, but these were blowouts. I thought Temple was good defensively, but they’re not really making it hard for Cornell.

Think it will make the committee think twice before seeding the A-10 next year.

No, that’s not what Temple is. they do not play very aggressive defense. They play smart defense and usually force you to beat them, which means you usually beat yourselves, unless you are an exceptionally disciplined, efficient team… a team like say, cornell… Cornell took the same Kansas team that punked Temple, to the wire. This is not a coincidence.

We matched up well with temple this year because our bigs were very efficient at the FT line, and Derrio was really hitting. Our usual Lutz teams that tried to win by creating more possessions, would lose horribly to this Temple team.

Temple had to change its defensive style late in this game because of the lead. They finally started slapping at the ball and really making contact on defense.

Matchups. They dictate everything. Seeding means nothing.

Told you that the A10 sucked…its hard to get good recruits and compete with the country…A10 is def. not the 6th best conference in the land like I’ve heard mentioned on here…

this x 100000000

seeding is a joke, they just do it to put the non-bcs schools against eachother and eliminate as many as possible early on for profit sharing purposes.

matchups mean EVERYTHING in college bball

Told you that the A10 sucked…its hard to get good recruits and compete with the country…A10 is def. not the 6th best conference in the land like I’ve heard mentioned on here…[/quote]

please stop breathing.

oh boy, a heckler, how original.

If you’ve got nothing better to do than be a broken record, then just leave, thanks.

Told you that the A10 sucked…its hard to get good recruits and compete with the country…A10 is def. not the 6th best conference in the land like I’ve heard mentioned on here…[/quote]
hows cusa doing? i think xavier and dayton and umass would disagree that it is hard to get recruits. xavier has four top 150 recruits coming in next season, two the next season. dayton has a top 50 player coming in. i have to say though, you had me fooled thinking you were a former season ticket holder when we know you are just some random guy coming on here to try and annoy people.

We can make the same argument that Cornell was under-seeded. They got seeded the way they did, get over it and play. Cornell did just that.

Donahue had alot of rough years at Cornell

easily his best team, but they sucked pretty hard his first 3 yrs

his first 6 season were all losing records, guess he found some “talent”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Donahue

go choke on some kielbasa- you know you like it

why hasn’t this guy been banned yet?

Getting Foote to transfer there is a godsend for the Cornell team (and guess where he transferred from…). Having the 7 footer underneath protects the basket eliminating the advantage more athletic players have blowing by the perimeter. It also keeps the defense from just smothering the perimeter shooters, giving their outside guys more open looks.

That said, even with this being a bad matchup for Temple, I don’t think they played particularly well.