Attention all campers!! (and everyone else)

At some point, I knew this thread would come up. I was a member of Gang Green for 3 years. My last year in school, I was the president. I really don’t understand to this day why people cannot unify themselves as Charlotte fans and not as section 104, 110, Greeks, Gang Green. Isn’t the point at being at these games to be One Team, One Voice, One Beat? While I was president, there were numerous times where we (Gang Green) wanted to be unified with the Greeks through cheers, wearing green, etc. But the funny this is, no one wanted on the other end wanted to help in putting something together. Hopefully, times have changed. The point here is not to bash another organization for one thing or another. The point is for people to get together in one way, shape or form. The point is for everyone to wear green (whether it’s Gang Green or Niner Nation shirts). The point is for everyone to have fun. That’s why we’re at the games. I’m sure if people would put away their egos and try to come together (heads of Greeks, Gang Green, Niner Nation) and work on some type of way to come together before games, throughout the year, etc., then things will get better. But the point is not to talk about it, the point is to have action and do something about it.

Lastly, for the record, Gang Green does have to attend sporting events throughout the year to get the tickets they get for basketball games. Sure, they don’t camp out. But coming to games like volleyball and soccer and women’s basketball games guarantee their tickets for mens’ bball. The point of Gang Green is to support ALL Charlotte sports, not just basketball. I don’t know what things are looking like now, but when I was in school, I can rememeber that Gang Green were at games. I didn’t see Greeks. I didn’t see Niner Nation people. But like I said, that was over 2 years ago. Things, hopefully, are better.

I do wish that the student section would be unified. I am a founding member of the Delta Sigma Phi chapter at Charlotte (Eta Rho, 1989) so I have a soft spot for the boys in green behind our bench, but I do wish they would take the lead and try to unify the student section. From what I understand, it’s still a competition for the prime seating blocks. The competition is good in that it brings groups out to lots of sporting events (in order for them to accumulate points) but at the same time it creates, by its very nature, a division between the groups involved because there’s a winner and loser. I can’t deny that the Delta Sigs haven’t benefited from the exposure they get. Other chapters around the nation know who we are just from watching ESPN. That’s great for the survival of the local group, but I don’t think it’s necessary. They should do away with the competition thing and have the student section be a free-for-all, first come first serve thing. The athletic department should then mandate that a student sitting in the section wear green, or white with green, or whatever. I don’t see why they couldn’t do this since the students get their tickets for free. I mean, look at Michigan State… their student section is amazing.

Do away with the compeition for seating, and we do away with the bizarre colored shirts and letters, and yes, this is coming from a former frat boy.

I’m an alumni, but I always felt student seating should be general admission. This would force students to get there early and stay in their seats. There are too many empty seats down low, especially when game time starts. And why are the seats next to the band half full? Are those students or alumni?

CPA in theory that’s a great idea, but it penalizes students due to the timing.
Ticket distribution is a morning event, so you sacrafice nightime and the wee hours of the morning. If seating was GA on the day of the game, students wouldn’t accomplish a single thing during the day, as the wait would cut into class time, labs, etc.

GA is great for weekend events like football, but would be a deterrent for basketball.

I think GA wouldn’t work all that well.

What I’d like to see is student sections behind each basket. Not the best seats, but we need rowdier fans there for free-throws. Who sits there now? Season ticket holders?

Chisox, I’ll be there wearing my UNC hat. You talk big about what you and you boys are going to do to me, and how many people have your back, but you aint shit with you boys not covering you ass. I not no little freshman either. You just walk up to the biggest baddest MF you see with a UNC hat, take it off my head and slap my face without you boys around, then you talk about me.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Nov 22 2004, 02:13 PM [b] Chisox, I'll be there wearing my UNC hat. You talk big about what you and you boys are going to do to me, and how many people have your back, but you aint shit with you boys not covering you ass. I not no little freshman either. You just walk up to the biggest baddest MF you see with a UNC hat, take it off my head and slap my face without you boys around, then you talk about me. [/b]
wow.... gamer sounds like a punk ass bitch... coming out of the lamers closet must be the in thing to do these days.
[i]Originally posted by Anborn+Nov 22 2004, 02:15 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Anborn @ Nov 22 2004, 02:15 PM)

Bad a$$es and baby blue. Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
That tough guy routine sure worked against Santa Clara.
Anyone tonight who wears UNC in Halton shouldn’t be punked, they should be laughed at.

hey gamer.

there ain’t no unc.

Well at least this semi-productive discussion went down the drain fast.

[i]Originally posted by SKEET SKEET[/i]@Nov 21 2004, 07:58 PM [b] I mean one the first things that would have to change is that gay name. Niner Nation is a much better name than Gang Green, if our student's organization is named after a disease who the hell would want to join, diseases belong in Greenville. [/b]
I agree, diseases belong to the butt pirates. Their student/spirit group is actually called the "Purple Genital Warts", but thats fitting for them I guess.

I still hate that we have to rely on distributing tickets at Prospector and walk-ups for some of the students. It looks like all but 5 or 6 are gone from Prospector, but who knows how many will be at the table for the Student entrance. Either student’s are too stupid to know where to go to get the tickets before game day, or too apathetic.

I’d love nothing more than for the last second students to get the “Sorry, Park’s closed. Moose out front should have told you.” routine when they try to walk up.

Anyone with a ticket to 104 that comes with apparel from another school should be made to sit in the folding chairs around the track, given a warm soda shower, or removed from the building. It wouldnt take to many times before the lesson was learned.

Did none of you read some of gamers posts on the political board? He’s crazy!

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Nov 22 2004, 11:59 PM [b] Did none of you read some of gamers posts on the political board? He's crazy! [/b]
Still whining about the election, swft? Hold up your fingers to make "L"s, like Mikey Moore, your hero, and look in the mirror. Maybe you want to join the Sux17 "crew" to beat up someone who doesn't dress like you. Here's your chance. On second thought you better to wait till its a mob, not just a small gang.

Anyone who wears a UNC hat to our games shows their true ignorance. By the way, gamer, are you jealous of Michael Moore. Between you and NinerOne, I have never seen two people more obessed with one guy in my entire life. If yo check my posts from the past, I have never defended Moore’s movie. EVER!

Next time smack that Tarhole crap off of his pretty little head. The sentinals have your back!!

How many niners does it take to take one UNC hat? Sounds like a pollock joke. The chisux guy has a dozen punks covering his ass, but my hat still covers my head.

Gamer- why wear the hat in our house??? I don’t get it. Can you explain for us. Also which one of you cats was wearing the Northstars jersey?