Awful. Pathetic. Sad. Miserable. Putrid. Disgusting.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:12, topic:28458”][quote=“cltniners, post:8, topic:28458”]clt says Ingram is the new t will.

We need Henry.[/quote]

how? he had no turnovers. he played fine. t-will is the new t-will. some of decisions were inexcussable. the only thing i put on major was not playing bryan more. davidson wanted it more. this is a long season.[/quote]

clt says defense brother, defense. He was abused for the first 3/4 of the game.

For me this is the worst part. They had NEVER won in Halton, and lord knows there were nights when they should have. To have a vastly superior team, and then let them sneak behind the zone for easy layups and beat us is just pathetic. We can tune out until conference playoffs because losing to bottom of the barrel teams, like Davidson and CofC, destroyed any hope we had for an at large.

[quote=“Basden05, post:18, topic:28458”]Jeez, some people on here need to take a step back.

I’m as passionate as they come about 49ers basketball, but we just played a bad game, plain and simple.

Our defense, or lack there of, was our undoing. We gave up layup after layup after layup.

Say what you want about Brooks being out, but we clearly missed our leader, best passer, best defender …

It sucks, but what are you going to do? Bring on App State[/quote]

I totally understand. It’s just a game and it’s one game in a long season. You shouldn’t get upset about it because it’s still a good team that played poorly, yada yada… I get it.

People are only angry because it happens AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. Everyone on this board gives a lot of time, money, and emotion to this program. We love this team. But how many times can your wife punch you in the face before you finally get upset about it?

Damn, some people need to be taking pills

[quote="-Charlotte49ers-, post:23, topic:28458"][quote=“Basden05, post:18, topic:28458”]Jeez, some people on here need to take a step back.

I’m as passionate as they come about 49ers basketball, but we just played a bad game, plain and simple.

Our defense, or lack there of, was our undoing. We gave up layup after layup after layup.

Say what you want about Brooks being out, but we clearly missed our leader, best passer, best defender …

I totally understand. It’s just a game and it’s one game in a long season. You shouldn’t get upset about it because it’s still a good team that played poorly, yada yada… I get it.

People are only angry because it happens AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. Everyone on this board gives a lot of time, money, and emotion to this program. We love this team. But how many times can your wife punch you in the face before you finally get upset about it?[/quote]

That’s not why I’m angry. I don’t give a shit about the verge of whatever we were at.

We just lost to Davidson. At home. There is nothing worthy of a silver lining then.

Don’t tell me to back away from the ledge, you’ll just remind me that there’s a ledge there.

clt says we need to be more like UNC-ch. Bandwagon baby!

I see angry fans…

It sure was fun watching Davidson’s layup drill tonight. How many did they finish with? 10-12 layups?

Our 2-3 zone is bad. We’re literally playing it in hopes the other team misses wide open shots.

How do you make it to this level and not understand how to stop the PG from running down the court and driving for layups? Stopping the ball is like basketball 101.

McKillop ran a coaching clinic. Far inferior athletes and players but absolutely imposed their will with execution. Major was outcoached by a mile.

Team played lazy all game, and it wasn’t being tired. They were lazy and undisciplined in the entire first half.

First loss in Halton and it was to to a dreadful Davidson squad.

Anyone watch on TV? What’d they have to say about the “flagrant foul” on Clayton. Looked to me (and it was right in front of me) like Willie was running downcourt and the Davidson guy jumped in front of him, taking one for the team. Typical Mckillop BS.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

All the step off the ledge crowd can eat one. Mediocrity will never be the acceptable norm for me. That was a disgustingly bad loss and nothing can be said or done to change my opinion. We now have lost to two terrible basketball teams. CofC was bad, but Major and the team just took a runny dump on the Puerto Rico championship trophy.

[quote="-Charlotte49ers-, post:23, topic:28458"][quote=“Basden05, post:18, topic:28458”]Jeez, some people on here need to take a step back.

People are only angry because it happens AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. Everyone on this board gives a lot of time, money, and emotion to this program. We love this team. But how many times can your wife punch you in the face before you finally get upset about it?[/quote]

I think I’m just used to it by now to be honest. In years past, I used to get so upset and not talk to anyone for hours after losses, especially bad one’s.

Now I just think ‘what’s the point of getting so upset. What is is going to accomplish’

I think the future is very bright and this loss doesn’t mean we can’t still make the Big Dance.
Don’t get me wrong, this still sucks the big one. But teams play bad games during the season. If we lose at App State on Sunday, then that’s a different story…

How many times was Clayton fouled? It looked like part of Davidson’s game plan was to foul him every time he got the ball down low with hopes he would miss a free throw or 2. If so, it worked. Clayton had a great game but he missed too many of those free throws.

Early in the game when Davidson was hitting those shots, many of those shots were against Cherry, and even in a zone. I like Cherry but I also think Major needs to start Lester.

We looked confused on defense and we looked confused on offense.

The bottom line… We were outcoached, plain and simple.

Now the good news… Like Scarlett Ohara said… “Tomorrow Is Another Day”.

clt says to start Lester against appy.

Ingram is a role player.m

That flagrant foul on Clayton was completely BS and ended up having an impact on the game

…who are just waiting for the time to be angry fans. They were still angry fans even while we we winning imo.

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:34, topic:28458”]That flagrant foul on Clayton was completely BS and ended up having an impact on the game[/quote] The fifth foul on Clayton looked like a weak call and had more impact than the fourth. Davidson always figures out ways to get a bogus call or two every game. F’ck them!

[quote=“eason49, post:28, topic:28458”]Our 2-3 zone is bad. We’re literally playing it in hopes the other team misses wide open shots.

How do you make it to this level and not understand how to stop the PG from running down the court and driving for layups? Stopping the ball is like basketball 101.[/quote]

Taking the ball in for a layup against a zone should never happen. I thought Cherry was a little slow rotating and getting to his spot. Ingram was not much better.

I miss Darion Clark.

…who are just waiting for the time to be angry fans. They were still angry fans even while we we winning imo.[/quote]

Yep, if we won by 2 they would still complaining like bored housewives.

Id have to watch replay again but it looked like it could have been avoidable. No where near a goldwire type elbow but still. Why doesn’t it happen more often? Because Clayton doesn’t swing his elbows while running down the court. But I may change my view after watching replay. Clayton does seem to show his frustration on the court though. Hopefully Braswell didn’t rub off on him.