Awful. Pathetic. Sad. Miserable. Putrid. Disgusting.

I don’t

…who are just waiting for the time to be angry fans. They were still angry fans even while we we winning imo.[/quote]

Yep, if we won by 2 they would still complaining like bored housewives.[/quote]

But we lost. You super fans are the best.

Awful game. Major got out coached and we got out played. The FT crap has got to stop. T-Will was T-Will - plays what might be his best game, hits a few big time shots to keep us in the game and follows it up with a bad decision or a TO. Big Mike took a step back tonight, the defense was beyond bad, Lester went ice cold - everything that could go wrong did. I just hate that we dropped a game to them and to such a shitty version of them.

Everyone want to tell me how we are going to roll App and I shouldn’t be worried again?

it didn’t even take getting ranked for us to s*** the bed - just getting some votes did it this year.

On to the next game and just try to survive until PH gets back.

The worst part of this - and this tradition dates back decades - when we get a big win and we start to get our crowd excited we crap the bed and typically not against a good team - but against a team that we should beat. That loss causes us to have to make an uphill climb all season to try and win those hearts. I hate this loss mostly because it is the loss that keeps happening and has for years stunted our fanbases growth.

AIDS!!!

…who are just waiting for the time to be angry fans. They were still angry fans even while we we winning imo.[/quote]

Yep, if we won by 2 they would still complaining like bored housewives.[/quote]

But we lost. You super fans are the best.[/quote]

You have every right to be pissed but take a loss with some f’ing class.

LOL

I’d hate to see how some of yall mother fuckers act when something really bad happens. Jesus! The hyperbole!

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:44, topic:28458”]AIDS!!![/quote] Good summation!

We have been so much better this year than last because it is Henry’s team. He isn’t deferring to Braswell and waiting his turn. The bad news is without him nobody has a clue what to do.

As a side note, when was the last time a coach assembled a team this white? Adolph Rupp in the 60s? What does Davidson have against diversity?

Nothing… who do you think washes their clothes and cleans their houses?

What the f*** was that? They knew they had a game to play tonight right? That was humiliating, and now our out-of-conf schedule is irrelevant.

As far as Willie’s flagrant, I was watching on TV. He was lucky to play after that, it could have been avoided. They let him get away with a lot that went uncalled too.

Season is not over, and I still think this team goes dancing.

clt says you cannot blame the refs for this loss.

If we go on another 5 game winning streak after this loss, then all is good.

That will mean we beat FSU. Yes, all will be well.

When we blow that many point blank layups we deserve to lose. And those singling out TWill or other individual players, just stop. Win as a team, lose as a team. Everyone who played missed at least 1 free throw, 1 lay up and/or 1 defensive assignment that led to a wide open look for Davidson. Some more than others, but those are all plays that could have led to a win.

[quote="-Charlotte49ers-, post:10, topic:28458"]Yes, back to reality. Well… for some. For me nothing has changed because this is just like every season since I’ve followed the program. Surprising success and then abysmal failure and two steps back.

Screw it… On to next week.[/quote]
Exactly how I feel. I can’t believe it. It is like the movie Groundhog Day.

Just watched the last play of regulation, Clayton missed a point blank uncontested put back (looks easier on tv then in person). Ugh.

Why do wccb basketball games look like they are in HD and wccb football games look all grainy?

Its a bad loss and I think Major got outcoached. Great job by Mckillop to double down on Thorne & Willie. I love Thorne, but you could tell how inexperienced he was. He never figured it out and turned into it every time and doesn’t know how to pass out of it. Both he and Clayton need to improve in that area. Thought Bryan should play more.

We played horrific defense. The start of the 2nd half was real bad in that respect. But we allowed them to gain confidence in the 1st by letting them hit too many gimmes. Once we started the game like that and they were feeling it, I knew it would be close all the way.

Lester looked like he read his own press clippings. Looked like the most talented guy on court, but made some really bad decisions, took too many 3’s, and tried to force things in PH’s absence. Then again, our offense didn’t look like it had the right flow without PH so maybe he was somewhat justified.

Anyways, it happens in a rivalry. We’ve beaten their NCAA teams before with 9er teams that were not good. As bad as we played, they still needed a tech (bad move by Willie imho who was great otherwise) and a 50 foot heave to get it to OT. I’m not concerned long term if PH comes back quickly and is healthy. Some of you need to relax.

We did everything in our power to lose that game.

They hit every shot ever. Whatever level it is that luck comes into play (this is not a slight - we lost, they won, but kind rolls and lucky shots matter), they had maximum luck tonight.

We let them penetrate a million times. At a point it becomes clear this wasn’t forced on us - we wanted it. (Our friends may still talk us into filing a police report tomorrow though.)

Why was Lester taking those 3s? They were Bobby Lutz style and it was clear Cherry should have been getting those shots. Whatever, I’m sure you had your reasons.

The timeout at the end (of reg) was dumb, but hindsight is 20/20. But seriously.

I had a hard time watching this game. You could tell we wanted to lose. You could tell we simply weren’t going to stop f***ing around. And here we are. Fun stuff. I appreciate all you folks who wrote this game off as an afterthought.

Well that sucked. It happens sometimes though. We are going to need another leader on this team. Glad PH will be back. Crowd looked good, but numbers said less than 6500 - that’s disappointing when you think about it. With more an more alumni every year, somehow our attendance is shrinking very noticeably every year. Need to get back to the NCAAs ASAP.

I’ll give my analysis on the game.

Bob McKillop has to be given a tremendous amount of credit for his offensive gameplan tonight. I don’t know if you guys noticed, but anytime Mike Throne ended up in the paint on defense, Davidson would drive right to the basket. Almost every single time, Mike would then unintentionally set a screen on our defender that would set up an uncontested layup. I don’t like Davidson at all, but I have to appreciate the level of basketball IQ their players and coaches displayed tonight.

This was the first game in a while for Niner basketball where I really felt that Alan Major was outcoached. Mike Thorne, partly because of the reason above, did not need to play as many minutes as he did. I’m not sure why Marcus Bryan didn’t see the court more. I really did not agree with it, as I thought his presence on the floor was positive in the first have.

Lester quite simply had a bad game. If Twill had played the way Lester did tonight, everyone would be all over Terrence. Lester had horrible shot selection and made way too many mistakes out there. I’m very excited to see how Lester bounces back from this game, as I think it was a bit of a reality check for him.

I was disappointed we didn’t put the ball in Denzel’s hands more in this game on offense. I thought our offense moved efficiently when he was running the point.

Some positives: CUSA was likely a 1-bid league anyway, so we would have had to be at like 24-5 or even 25-4 before this game to be an at-large. Now, just win the conference tournament in March. Really, nothing changes in that regard. Also, nobody said it yet, but Willie was an absolute BEAST tonight. It was easy to see how badly Willie wanted this game. I also thought TWill played a pretty solid game. Oh well, on to Appalachian State.