Awkward Friends (aka My band)

He had really awesome stories and we compared notes on places that we really loved in Europe. A few other people that had gone to Europe chimed in the conversation and we come to a consensus that the Bavarian Alps are the prettiest part of the continent.

So, while we’re hanging out, shooting the shit with HA, one of Joe’s tentmates comes by asking if we’d like a tootsie roll pop. Tennessee is following close behind and he says, without missing a beat, “This is the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life.” Apparently he had been walking around since like 7 am with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a container of OJ in the other alternating every sip. This statement propts HA to say, “Well, hot damn, I’ll buy the whole bag. That sucker sounds like it will change your life.” Tennessee also informs us that the TRP is a sucker, but then when that is gone, you get a tootsie roll!!!

So, we decide we’re going to make breakfast (again prioritizing our friend in the hospital). We use the beef dogs and tofurkey dogs that we were going to have for dinner for breakfast. After Dan, Joe and I ate our fill, we offered the remaining dogs to Tennessee. He waffles on eating them, and Dan tells him about 10 times that he can have the rest of them if he wants and he says, “You don’t have to tell me twice.” Totally serious.

At this point, Porsha and our new friend Gnar tell us they are going to the hospital to pick up Brandon. We tell everyone the story, in so much that we know, and HA says, “Damn, you wake up to a raccoon eating your burned hand, that shit will give you nightmares for the rest of your life.” HA rules. So, we decide we’re gonna start packing up stuff and getting ready to leave so that we can get out of here when Brandon gets back from the hospital.

While we’re hanging out at our van, Joe starts recharging his phone so we can try to make contact with Brandon. We have a group of people start coming by to ask about our drummer, to tell us about how much fun they had with us last night, just to shoot the shit. HA comes over and hangs out with us for a little while. While he is there, Wes Taylor comes up and tells us that Porhsa just called. Brandon had been transferred to Wake Forest and has already been discharged. We also won the costume contest and $50. So, we had to wait for her to get back to pay us.

Pics of raccoon eating hand or it didn’t happen.

Same raccoon?

Sounds like someone in your crowd.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-08-31/sports/30044499_1_raccoon-wild-animal-indecent-exposure

Joe gets in touch with Brandon. We find out he is as good as you can be under the circumstances. We talked to him a little each and are glad to hear that his friend Tyler picked him up and took him back to Durham, but we had his wallet and keys. So, he is locked out of his house. After talking to him, we are telling more people about the night that was. I said something to the effect of, “you have a raccoon tearing the charred flesh off your hand” and Joe (who is lying down in the van at this point) bursts out laughing.

That must have been the most infectious laugh, because everyone at the area around our van is just dying laughing. We also get a few more tales from HA (how he got the nickname Horse’s Ass, why you never eat the worms from bootleg tequila) and Porsha got back to give us our money. We got paid and headed out for home. Porsha told us we were a part of the best birthday party she could have ever had. We were really thankful for these people taking care of our drunk friend who could have had even more permanent damage had they not gone the extra mile for him.

Joe made us stop the car so he could say goodbye to his tentmates. We did and then we headed out. The only other thing of note that happened on the trip home was the stop at Jack In The Box. So, when we get out of the van, we notice a car with local Durham band stickers on the back. We get inside and meet Mat from the band Of Whiskey And Blood. We were in Conover, NC. How random is that? I also got a ton of the LGM codes for gears of war.

So, basically, we can’t wait to get back to Marion for the next one of these things, because it was easily the greatest night in our band’s history. As Joe and Dan fill in details I will share them here.

The Fat Mike we met:

I thought this was a pretty crazy story when you posted it last month. Therefore I have to mention that I about feel out of my chair when one of the guys I was tailgating with at the panthers game yesterday said “Hey man, check this out… I gotta friend who has a pet raccoon…”

I was like “No shit! Did it eat a dudes hand?” He of course couldn’t believe I had heard about it, and I told him that it was the stuff of legend on NN.N. Turns out this guy was one of the planners of the Catawba River Festival and a member of Dubmonster. He told me all about the event in detail and said he was one of the ones to find your drummer after he had fallen into the fire. He said that he told him something like " Hey man, your hand is burned pretty bad, that raccoon was eating it." and your drummer responded with “That’s alright man, I’m tough!”

Anyway, still one of the craziest stories I’ve heard in… about ever. Good to see your buddy’s hand is healing up well! It still looks pretty nasty, but that’s way better than I would have expected. I hope he will always have full use of it!

[quote=“HighFlying49er, post:68, topic:19815”]I thought this was a pretty crazy story when you posted it last month. Therefore I have to mention that I about feel out of my chair when one of the guys I was tailgating with at the panthers game yesterday said “Hey man, check this out… I gotta friend who has a pet raccoon…”

I was like “No s***! Did it eat a dudes hand?” He of course couldn’t believe I had heard about it, and I told him that it was the stuff of legend on NN.N. Turns out this guy was one of the planners of the Catawba River Festival and a member of Dubmonster. He told me all about the event in detail and said he was one of the ones to find your drummer after he had fallen into the fire. He said that he told him something like " Hey man, your hand is burned pretty bad, that raccoon was eating it." and your drummer responded with “That’s alright man, I’m tough!”

Anyway, still one of the craziest stories I’ve heard in… about ever. Good to see your buddy’s hand is healing up well! It still looks pretty nasty, but that’s way better than I would have expected. I hope he will always have full use of it![/quote]

hahahaha, who is your friend? I am sure that story will go on forever for anyone who was there.

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_12175388

This is one of our demos finally mixed.

We’re on tour this spring:
https://www.facebook.com/events/421757354505010/

Pittsburgh, Sandusky, Cleveland, Toronto, Buffalo, Brooklyn, Boston, Philly, Richmond and Durham.

Come hang out if you’re near any of those cities.

Hope y’all have a great tour! Actually, something of a mini-Atlantic 10 jaunt with shows in Pittsburgh (Duquesne), Buffalo (hour from St. Bona), New York (Fordham), Brooklyn (2013 A-10 Tourney), Boston (2 hours from UMass), Philly (La Salle, St. Joe’s, Temple), and Richmond.

BTW, is the Sandusky gig at Cedar Point?

Ha, no not at Cedar point, we’ll be about 10 minutes from there.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:75, topic:19815”]Ha, no not at Cedar point, we’ll be about 10 minutes from there.[/quote]Definitely “roller coaster heaven” if you’re into that!

Cool… living in a van? How rock n roll!

I kinda dig that one Musuem Mouth track. Lyrics are a bit clunky, but the tune is solid.

http://museummouth.bandcamp.com/track/sexy-but-not-happy

Museum Mouth are solid. Getting better every day. We’re playing with a lot of awesome bands, I’ll up load the tour comp soon.

I am! Which is why of all the shows I’ll be at the one in Cleveland.

HEAVEN:
Front Row Video Top Thrill Dragster POV roll back rollback

Wow, I have ridden that ride probably 6 or 7 times and never saw it not make it over the hump.