B.J. Gladden - 2014 SF - Akron transfer

TRUTH

No doubt.

I agree. I’ve been happy with the last 2 years of recruiting, but lack of on court results are going to hurt us sooner or later, and we might be starting to see this.

That being said, we have a ton of 4 year young guys in place. We only lose 3 next year (Bras, Ivank, and JT - all big men - leaving us young and experienced on the inerior). Who knows at this point, but next year might be the perfect time for an experienced juco big man who usually commit later in the year. Save 1 for last minute transfers/graduate transfers like we had in JT this year, and that means we should really target 1 in the early signing period.

3 schollies available of course assumes no one leaves the program/transfers, and, well…

TRUTH[/quote]

Agreed. Winning cures all. We don’t even necassarily need to make it to the tourney, just better than .500 would help.

TRUTH[/quote]

Agreed. Winning cures all. We don’t even necassarily need to make it to the tourney, just better than .500 would help.[/quote]

16 - 16 wins at this point is what it will take to keep me feeling ok about our direction. 15 and under and I am not happy. Under .500 and we have some serious problems.

A .500 season will not help anything. With all the focus on Football next year our
basketball program is already in (serious) trouble. I know it is setting the bar high,
but we need to atleast make the NIT. It will take a trip to the NCAA tourny to get
any positive talk going again about our program. I hope to see the turnaround start
this year.

How far we have fallen… :cry:

Transferring from Akron,

RT @Justinbyerly: Charlotte, UNCG, Georgia Southern, and College of Charleston are latest to reach out to Akron transfer BJ Gladden. @BjGladden_

I’d be surprised if he doesn’t come here. From his twitter:

he retreweeted:

[font=verdana]

[/font]#RIPMONTEL[size=13px]@[/size]Slllliiimmeee · !important][size=13px]5h5 hours ago[/size]
[size=16px]Cuzzo need to make dat move to Uncc come back home Fam put on for da city @BjGladden[/size] #UNCC #NinerNation

[size=13px]
Team United Hoops[/size][size=13px]@[/size]teamunitedhoops · [size=13px]39m39 minutes ago[/size]
[size=16px]@uncc_Mbball_30[/size] @BjGladden_ We miss those days too!!! Don’t think people know have many players we have had!!
[size=16px]UNCC_Mbball_30 is Mitch Warner.[/size]

no offense, but coming from mitch warner does not make me want this kid more. i saw he redshirted at akron his freshman season. did he leave bc of pt or wanting to be closer to home? seems like he should be a backup option.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:70, topic:24519”]no offense, but coming from mitch warner does not make me want this kid more. i saw he redshirted at akron his freshman season. did he leave bc of pt or wanting to be closer to home? seems like he should be a backup option.[/quote]Why does he seem like a backup option?

he hasent done anything to prove that he should be more than that. he redshirted at akron so we have no reason to believe that he can play. im not saying he cant but i doubt he is our first choice.

he hasent done anything to prove that he should be more than that. he redshirted at akron so we have no reason to believe that he can play. im not saying he cant but i doubt he is our first choice.[/quote]B.J. Gladden 2017-18 Stats per Game - NCAAM - ESPN

I don’t think he redshirted. He had some very good schools looking at him coming out of HS.

he didnt exactly put up big numbers. maybe he can play but 2.9 ppg. is not exactly inspiring.

he hasent done anything to prove that he should be more than that. he redshirted at akron so we have no reason to believe that he can play. im not saying he cant but i doubt he is our first choice.[/quote]
Well since we have 8 scholarships open he only has to be choice 1-8 to get a spot.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:74, topic:24519”]he didnt exactly put up big numbers. maybe he can play but 2.9 ppg. is not exactly inspiring.[/quote]Shelton Mitchell didn’t do much more at Vandy, I think we’d all take him. Demario and Braxton didn’t do anything at their previous spot too.

true. but we cant necessarily use that logic. i’ll be way more excited about all the other recruits if we can get izundu back on board.

true. but we cant necessarily use that logic. i’ll be way more excited about all the other recruits if we can get izundu back on board.[/quote]

He put up better numbers in one season than Demario and OB combined.

true. but we cant necessarily use that logic. i’ll be way more excited about all the other recruits if we can get izundu back on board.[/quote]

He put up better numbers in one season than Demario and OB combined.[/quote]

I understand that but again, we cannot just say that bc it worked out with ob and demario that it is okay to ignore those numbers. if we sign him, i will support him but i am just making the point.

He put up better numbers in one season than Demario and OB combined.[/quote]

I understand that but again, we cannot just say that bc it worked out with ob and demario that it is okay to ignore those numbers. if we sign him, i will support him but i am just making the point.[/quote]

But izundu who beat up on a bunch of private Christian schools is legit?