B.J. Gladden - 2014 SF - Akron transfer

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:38, topic:24519”]If B.J is sooo high on us…and since we have apparently offered (per rivals)…why has he not simply accepted? It seems odd that he is so vocal in wanting to be here…but not enough to actually accept the schollie he has.

BJ “I really like Charlotte! I hope they keep recruiting me!”

Charlotte “You know you are pretty good here is a schollie! (hands schollie) Can we count you in for 2013 (2014)?”

BJ “You know its still early in the process and I am weighing all of my options now”

Charlotte " WTF??" (or at least thats how I feel)[/quote]If you interviewed for 3 jobs with three companies, would you accept the first one that offered or would you wait to see if/what the others offered as well?

I hope he comes here, but he’s making the right choice in taking his time. Quick decisions often lead to regret and a change of mind. I’d rather he be certain he wants to come here than decommit or transfer later on down the road.

[quote=“Niner National, post:41, topic:24519”][quote=“Honest Niner, post:38, topic:24519”]If B.J is sooo high on us…and since we have apparently offered (per rivals)…why has he not simply accepted? It seems odd that he is so vocal in wanting to be here…but not enough to actually accept the schollie he has.

Charlotte “You know you are pretty good here is a schollie! (hands schollie) Can we count you in for 2013 (2014)?”

BJ “You know its still early in the process and I am weighing all of my options now”

Charlotte " WTF??" (or at least thats how I feel)[/quote]If you interviewed for 3 jobs with three companies, would you accept the first one that offered or would you wait to see if/what the others offered as well?

I hope he comes here, but he’s making the right choice in taking his time. Quick decisions often lead to regret and a change of mind. I’d rather he be certain he wants to come here than decommit or transfer later on down the road.[/quote]

I would accept the first one that offered if it happened to be the same one that I just had an interview on and it made it to the front page of ninerreport.com! Then yes I would accept it as soon as it came.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:42, topic:24519”][quote=“Niner National, post:41, topic:24519”][quote=“Honest Niner, post:38, topic:24519”]If B.J is sooo high on us…and since we have apparently offered (per rivals)…why has he not simply accepted? It seems odd that he is so vocal in wanting to be here…but not enough to actually accept the schollie he has.

I hope he comes here, but he’s making the right choice in taking his time. Quick decisions often lead to regret and a change of mind. I’d rather he be certain he wants to come here than decommit or transfer later on down the road.[/quote]

I would accept the first one that offered if it happened to be the same one that I just had an interview on and it made it to the front page of ninerreport.com! Then yes I would accept it as soon as it came.[/quote]

Ahhhh what? Dude you are wrong.

Yeah I probably am. But it just bugs me when recruits do this sort of thing. Its like that hot girl at the party that was flirting and giving you all the signs she was interested…then when you commit and ask for her number she not as sure anymore. (Every guy here has had this happen ;))

http://obsprepspot.blogspot.com/2011/12/olympic-high-basketball-player-ruled.html

BJ Gladden 6’5 180 G 2013 (formally of Olympic HS Charlotte, transferring to Kennedy Charter)
Gladden is a human highlight reel, he is an explosive dunker and is one of the top juniors in North Carolina. His days at Olympic HS are over for this year because of a discrepancy in where he lived and rumors are floating around that the high-flyer may be heading to Kennedy Charter School, also in Charlotte and join another strong team there. Although when reached by phone Gladden stated “not for sure yet” regarding if he was headed there. Gladden is getting interest from Miami University and UNC-Charlotte. He averaged close to 9 points per game before the suspension was handed down last Thursday. Olympic went on to win Friday night against a talented Myers Park HS (Charlotte) by over twenty points. Gladden is a Division One prospect and willonly be getting more attention as the season progresses wherever he is enrolled to play basketball at.

RT @bjg_22: Will be reclassed at kennedy charter as 2014 startin monday and will play aau with cp3 16s dis summer for all scouts

It’s worth noting that Charlotte signee, Shawn Lester also played for the CP3 All-Stars program.

Dropped 29 points in his first game at Kennedy Charter.

RT @Justinbyerly: BJ Gladden (2014) of Charlotte Kennedy Charter scored 16 points to go along with 10 rebounds in loss to Oak Hill Academy

RT @TheCapersEffect: My man B.J. Gladden (@bjg_0) was the No. 2 leading scorer at Dave Telep’s Carolina Challenge yesterday.

[size=12px]Sophomore SF [/size][/size][size=12px]B.J. Gladden[/size][size=12px][/color][/size][size=12px] (Charlotte, N.C./Kennedy Charter ) put up some solid scoring numbers this weekend but needs to approach the game with more of an overall performance in mind.[/size][color=rgb(34, 95, 178)]

Alabama and George Mason interested in Gladden

RT @Justinbyerly: Tennessee & possibly Miami (FL) coming tomorrow to check out Kennedy Charters’ BJ Gladden, Che Bob and Donte Clark. @d_clark4 @BjGladden_

Visiting Akron (he’s from Ohio originally) soon.

Verbals to Akron

Ugggghhh…

WTF?!?! What happened to this turd he dropped out of his mouth a while ago?

“Charlotte would be the perfect place for me,” Gladden said. ”They haven’t been coming that hard lately, though. I know they’re big on me. I’ve heard they don’t think they can get me, but I love Charlotte.”

Seriously WTF?!?

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:58, topic:24519”]WTF?!?! What happened to this turd he dropped out of his mouth a while ago?

“Charlotte would be the perfect place for me,” Gladden said. ”They haven’t been coming that hard lately, though. I know they’re big on me. I’ve heard they don’t think they can get me, but I love Charlotte.”

Seriously WTF?!?[/quote]Any number of things could have happened. We could have backed off, he could have decided that he wanted to go play closer to home, etc…

In any case, this class isn’t looking too hot. It seems like every guy we’ve heavily pursued is choosing other options. We need to start winning, soon.