Barack Obama on campus

He didn’t say UNC. Wohoo!! He said UNC Charlotte. Thank god.

And if you wanna be annoyed, read below…

"This afternoon, Obama will be making his final in-person pitch to Tarheel voters during a rally on the UNC-Charlotte campus."

http://www.wbt.com/news/details.cfm?article_id=44202

:lol:

Note: Make another thread in the politics forum if you want to discuss politics (duh)

He didn't say UNC. Wohoo!! He said UNC Charlotte. Thank god.

:ohmy:
just when you thought it couldn’t get worse.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;356315]He didn’t say UNC. Wohoo!! He said UNC Charlotte. Thank god.

[URL]http://www.wbt.com/news/details.cfm?article_id=44202[/URL]

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Um, a Tarheel is a citizen of north carolina, not necessarily a UNC-CH grad or groupie or hatchling. That is like a cowboy fan getting pissed because Jerry Jones asked for support from Texans, because he thought they were talking about Houston fans.

Oh and if my sarcasm meter is broken, I am sorry.

He didn't say UNC. Wohoo!! He said UNC Charlotte. Thank god.

Chris Miller

[EMAIL=cmiller@wbt.com]cmiller@wbt.com[/EMAIL]

A kid at the Belk Tower today yelled "OBAMA WILL BE ON OUR UNC CAMPUS TONIGHT!"
I asked him to repeat himself and added he get his school’s name straight. He replied saying he’s gone here for 5 years and he knows the name of his school. I shook my head and walked off.

A kid at the Belk Tower today yelled "OBAMA WILL BE ON OUR UNC CAMPUS TONIGHT!" I asked him to repeat himself and added he get his school's name straight. He replied saying he's gone here for 5 years and he knows the name of his school. I shook my head and walked off.

he must only be 1/2 done too lol

Just got back.

Very good speech from Obama. He knows how to deliver his message.

Saw a lot of Niners gear out there.

Ran into theNinerAlechemist and thelew.

Obama got our school’s name right! WHHEW!

It definitely brought good exposure to our university. As I was waiting in line, I overheard a few women behind say:
“I didn’t realize how big UNCC is.”
“I thought it was a small school like [small school’s name I can’t remember]”
“I didn’t think they had dorms.”

I told them we had over 22,000 students and should have 35,000 in the next decade. They were WOW’d.

Um, a Tarheel is a citizen of north carolina, not necessarily a UNC-CH grad or groupie or hatchling. That is like a cowboy fan getting pissed because Jerry Jones asked for support from Texans, because he thought they were talking about Houston fans.

Oh and if my sarcasm meter is broken, I am sorry.

No, it isn’t. We aren’t “UNC-Charlotte.”

Same thing happened to me as I was on my way back to my apartment. She asked how many students we had and commented how nice the buildings were (at the time we were in front of Woodward).

Definitely great exposure that this university needs and deserves.

However I wasn’t happy with all the UNC-Charlotte references, but ill take all the exposure we can get.

I’m sure it did help get us some major exposure with citizens in the area. That was the longest line of people I’ve ever seen in my life. And now, I’m sure some people are still getting a taste of UNC Charlotte hospitality as there were still huge crowds of people waiting in the cold and the rain when I left about 30 minutes ago. They’re going to be there for a while…

[QUOTE=Hooner49;356349]I
"I didn’t think they had dorms."
[/QUOTE]

Are you f*ing kidding me?

Anyways, I had a great time. What great exposure for OUR university.

I’ve never seen that many people on campus. Does anybody know the official count?

I've never seen that many people on campus. Does anybody know the official count?
Elevendy Billion.
Elevendy Billion.

sounds right. :shades:

Great rally, an insane amount of people, if I had to estimate it was way over the 20,000 they expected, might be overshooting but I’d say closer to 40k were there. Was anyone else near the insane little deer that somehow got into the middle of the crowd and went crazy near the baseball stadium as people were leaving, I nearly got speared.

Great rally, an insane amount of people, if I had to estimate it was way over the 20,000 they expected, might be overshooting but I'd say closer to 40k were there. Was anyone else near the insane little deer that somehow got into the middle of the crowd and went crazy near the baseball stadium as people were leaving, I nearly got speared.

I heard people screaming but I couldn’t tell what for. I thought someone slid down that hill.

caption of a photo on the observer website:

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., waves as he arrives to speaking at a rally at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte in Charlotte, N.C., Monday, Nov. 3, 2008.

This one is borderline:

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., speaks at a rally at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, N.C., Monday, Nov. 3, 2008, the eve of the presidential election.

Reading an [URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/297614.html]article[/URL] from the Observer about his visit:

[QUOTE]Obama would become the first African-American president in history if he beats Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Umm…really?