Barack Obama on campus

Reading an [URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/297614.html]article[/URL] from the Observer about his visit:

Umm…really?

:lol:

Oh yea, I meant to say, did anyone see the police sharp shooters on top of the white truck on the upper field on the side closer to the engineering buildings? Those sniper rifles were sick!

i had 2 students who rolled into class 2 hours late to class today, on a day when we had a test. they were at the obama rally. how should i deal with these students

[QUOTE=Sideshow;356420]i had 2 students who rolled into class 2 hours late to class today, on a day when we had a test. they were at the obama rally. how should i deal with these students[/QUOTE]

Let them make it up… What would you do if they had just rolled in from a Bob Barr rally???

i had 2 students who rolled into class 2 hours late to class today, on a day when we had a test. they were at the obama rally. how should i deal with these students
Let them make it up, no penalty.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;356422]Let them make it up… What would you do if they had just rolled in from a Bob Barr rally???[/QUOTE]

I strongly dislike Bob Barr as well. However, the issue isn’t whether I agree with the politician. It’s that they ditched half of class on day when a test was scheduled.

[QUOTE=49or bust;356424]Let them make it up, no penalty.[/QUOTE]

you would say that

[QUOTE=Sideshow;356427]I strongly dislike Bob Barr as well. However, the issue isn’t whether I agree with the politician. It’s that they ditched half of class on day when a test was scheduled.[/QUOTE]

If any teacher should understand you should. There is no class they will take as important as their chance to be part of history and witness history being made.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;356429]you would say that[/QUOTE]

LOL, was Bust one of the students??

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;356430]If any teacher should understand you should. There is no class they will take as important as their chance to be part of history and witness history being made.[/QUOTE]

oh spare me the drama. that settles it. a makeup essay test at half credit.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;356431]LOL, was Bust one of the students??[/QUOTE]

ha, close, but no

[QUOTE=Sideshow;356432]oh spare me the drama. that settles it. a makeup essay test at half credit.[/QUOTE]

It’s not drama it’s fact. College is all about learning and experiences, their prioities were in he correct place, to bad your aren’t.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;356437]It’s not drama it’s fact. College is all about learning and experiences, their prioities were in he correct place, to bad your aren’t.[/QUOTE]

violins play in the background while I gag myself with a pitchfork over your retardedly sentimental B.S.

you would say that
Yes. Yes I would.

Seriously though. It’s a pretty freakin big deal IMO. The likely next president coming and those kids probably caring a lot about the guy too? Something as big as this doesn’t strike me as ‘just an excuse to get out of class or the test.’

If it was Ron Paul and I missed class to go see Ron Paul, I’d be hella pissed if I was penalized. I’d also be more understanding tho because apparently I’d just be “wasting my vote” on him.:dry:

If it was Ron Paul and I missed class to go see Ron Paul, I'd be hella pissed if I was penalized. I'd also be more understanding tho because apparently I'd just be "wasting my vote" on him.:dry:

x10000000000000000000

[QUOTE=Sideshow;356420]i had 2 students who rolled into class 2 hours late to class today, on a day when we had a test. they were at the obama rally. how should i deal with these students[/QUOTE]

What would you do if they showed up 2 hours late because they went to a concert? Do what you’d do then and you’ll be right.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;356441]violins play in the background while I gag myself with a pitchfork over your retardedly sentimental B.S.[/QUOTE]

No you are BS if you punish them. Sorry but your class in not that important.

If any teacher should understand you should. There is no class they will take as important as their chance to be part of history and witness history being made.
I agree. I don't think it is overly sentimental. What is going on right now is still bigger than any class you will take.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;356448]No you are BS if you punish them. Sorry but your class in not that important.[/QUOTE]

are you drunk? BS is an adjective, not a noun.

I appreciate your input, but please don’t spew supposed facts when they’re only opinions. My class may or may not be “that important” in the grand scheme of things, however rules are rules, tests are tests, and due dates are due dates.