Barstool 49ers #DropTheUNC

Thanks to a tweet from 2k, Barstool 49ers has its next movement…get our school to drop the slave name UNC from out name and make us either University of Charlotte(my favorite) or Charlotte U

We can rise student support for this fairly quickly and we are much larger than we were when we started the Fire Judy stuff.

It is very long overdue…time to get to work! Drop the UNC!!

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:1, topic:32152”]Thanks to a tweet from 2k, Barstool 49ers has its next movement…get our school to drop the slave name UNC from out name and make us either University of Charlotte(my favorite) or Charlotte U

We can rise student support for this fairly quickly and we are much larger than we were when we started the Fire Judy stuff.

It is very long overdue…time to get to work! Drop the UNC!![/quote]It’s a worthy cause but one that won’t be addressed until we have a new Chancellor.

[quote=“moss2k, post:2, topic:32152”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:1, topic:32152”]Thanks to a tweet from 2k, Barstool 49ers has its next movement…get our school to drop the slave name UNC from out name and make us either University of Charlotte(my favorite) or Charlotte U

It is very long overdue…time to get to work! Drop the UNC!![/quote]It’s a worthy cause but one that won’t be addressed until we have a new Chancellor.[/quote]
We will get support going for it though and see where it takes it. The Thursday Thread will outline many of the reasons laid out on here and that Ive heard from current students and alumni

If anyone has anything they’d like us to include in our Thursday Thread for validity to argument, just for the hell of it, or some pure passion post it here.

I’d love for this to happen yesterday, but you have to have a Chancellor that is committed to the cause and we don’t have that right now.

It would be nice if we got another social media campaign going and Dubois rage quit.

I mentioned this to barstool on Twitter, but it was before my time. Anybody remember any details about that marketing firm that advised us to add football and change our name? I figured if anybody remembers they are on this website.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:32152”]It would be nice if we got another social media campaign going and Dubois rage quit.

I mentioned this to barstool on Twitter, but it was before my time. Anybody remember any details about that marketing firm that advised us to add football and change our name? I figured if anybody remembers they are on this website.[/quote]firms name is Stamats.

Easy on the slave name jargon. You’re going to piss off a lot if the wrong people with that.

We are not using that terminology on twitter, only on here where I know it’s safe.

I 100% support this movement, but until Phil is gone, this is a wasted effort. He’s not going to yield on this.

What would be wise thoigh is trying to get the city council and other city leaders pushing this narrative as well in light of Amazon snubbing us.

Our name hasn’t always been UNC Charlotte. Before 1965 we were Charlotte College. We’ve changed names before and we can change names again. The University of Charlotte should be our name in the 21st century.

[quote=“Niner National, post:10, topic:32152”]I 100% support this movement, but until Phil is gone, this is a wasted effort. He’s not going to yield on this.

What would be wise thoigh is trying to get the city council and other city leaders pushing this narrative as well in light of Amazon snubbing us.[/quote]

Amazon is snubbing Charlotte?

clt loves this idea. Feel free to reference the name confusion log for more ammo.

Will the admin wash over the chalk this time?

Chancellor has remarked that this is not one issue he is going to budge on, though I’ve heard he admits in private that a name change is inevitable.

Save your efforts for the day the new chancellor starts. We put football on Dubois’ plate for him, we’ll do the same to the next.

[quote=“Jackrabbit49er, post:12, topic:32152”][quote=“Niner National, post:10, topic:32152”]I 100% support this movement, but until Phil is gone, this is a wasted effort. He’s not going to yield on this.

What would be wise thoigh is trying to get the city council and other city leaders pushing this narrative as well in light of Amazon snubbing us.[/quote]

Amazon is snubbing Charlotte?[/quote]

Phil needs to be asked why we were not even mentioned in the city’s pitch to Amazon. Why did they push CPCC instead of us?

I would love to hear his answer.

[quote=“49r9r, post:15, topic:32152”][quote=“Jackrabbit49er, post:12, topic:32152”][quote=“Niner National, post:10, topic:32152”]I 100% support this movement, but until Phil is gone, this is a wasted effort. He’s not going to yield on this.

Amazon is snubbing Charlotte?[/quote]

Phil needs to be asked why we were not even mentioned in the city’s pitch to Amazon. Why did they push CPCC instead of us?

I would love to hear his answer.[/quote]

http://charlotteusa.com/about-us/board-of-directors/

NA scans the list of directors

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte

Philip Dubois

LinkedIn

Cuck.

clt says this was a must for the HQ2 video:

Irrespective of Phil, we have to unify the hearts and minds of Niner Nation on the name change front, just like we did with #FJR.
The more alumni, students, faculty, donors and politicians we get behind this, the better.

If the crowd is constantly in demand/protest mode isn’t there a chance that everyone will tune out? Like the Occupy Whatever movement? Do what you want, but right now maybe the focus stays on hiring a new AD and coaches, then enjoying some sports.